1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Footage from a new Harry Potter RPG may have been leaked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Download, Oct 2, 2018.

1. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think his age was retconned, so it'd be a very narrow window. Something like 1892-98.

2. Hush

Hush Seventh Year

High Score:
    Rocksteady just recently denied that their upcoming title was a Superman game, do we now think that they could've pulled a bait and switch and have been working on this Harry Potter game all along? They are a London based studio and all the major game releases have been made by British studios. Since Avalanche Software is American based, do we think it's more likely that whatever deal JK made with the gaming rights has expired or that the insiders who confirmed with Eurogamer, that Rocksteady wasn't working on the new RPG, were lying or wrong?

I'm personally hoping for Rocksteady, because it ties everything together neater. That and I didn't really want a Superman game.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're working on a WW game, or some other DC property (personally hope they develop a new IP).

Now that I think about it... An Aquaman game could be pretty awesome...

4. Shadow Shaman

Shadow Shaman Third Year

There might be side quests like Ace your OWLs and Become an Animagus. They could go with the Arkham leveling system where you get points for leveling up and those points can be used to improve your gear. The professor can be like Lucius Fox who teaches you advanced magic (similar to Lupin).

For people who don't have mics, they can have a tie in app which will function similarly to a mic for taking verbal spells but they will have to work on different accents .

There can be a karma system similar to New Vegas where using dark magic and unforgivables gives you negative karma and non lethal attacks or brokering peace gives you positive Karma.

They can have two faction leaders similar to Caesar and President Kimball in NV or King Radovid the Stern of Redania and Emhyr var Emreis of Nilfgaard who are charismatic and vying for power and now the conflict has reached Hogwarts where older students are dividing themselves into factions and the PC is the one who can break the stalemate .

HP lore is so diverse that they can have everything from a sports game (Quidditch) to a horror level(Inferius). Going to classes can be automatic or done by the player themselves where similar to Bully by Rockstar they get better at certain things by going to class .
    To avoid skipping they can have auto give only 50% of net experience if they had gone to attend class themselves .

5. Crownworthy

Crownworthy Banned

This looks even better than the games which accompanied the first couple of movies!

6. GravityAP

GravityAP First Year

This game has potential to be fantastic, but honestly I'd be happy as long as there's a half decent quidditch system.

7. Kat

Kat Squib

High Score:
    I never understood why this was never made, there should be quidditch games like the big actual sports games, with franchise mode, Quidditch World Cup international tournament, career mode, etc.

The kids who grew up with the books are all adults now, cater to us damnit.

8. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Was hearing rumours that this actually is Rocksteady's game? Hope so. The people who made Arkham Asylum recreating Hogwarts? Yes plz.

10. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    So we'll be coming together to make mods for this right? We could make whole plotlines about various fanfics.

11. Ankan

Ankan Professor

Megamatt would love this.

12. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    The closest thing his fics have to plotlines are the lines of semen his female characters snort by the boatload.

13. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Harry Potter and the Boy Who Modded

14. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

With
    three
    different
    color
    endings!

15. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

Hermione's a different color in each.

16. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    MC's spell in the final cutscene is:

A) red - Hermione is an Apache
    B) blue - Hermione is merperson
    C) green - Hermione is a fern floramagus

17. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

So to revive this thread- there are rumors that WB is going to drop it during the Summer Games Fest that all of the big studios are taking part in, since E3 got cancelled.

It’s going to take place over May-August, with WB not announcing what date they’re going to host an event but presumably it’ll be May or June since they’re listed in ‘Phase 1’.

Lord do I need a demo for this game. It might singlehandedly get me through the lockdown.

18. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For some reason this thread is not in the video games section.

Anyway, there's finally a bit more info on this game: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/harry-potter-openworld-game-planned-for-ps5-and-xb/1100-6479083/

Not a huge amount of info, but more than before:

1. Coming out for next-gen consoles. Unclear if a present-gen version will also be released.

2. Coming 2021.

3. Developed by Avalanche Software.

4. Avalanche Software want us to know they're woke.

Avalanche's catalogue of games is pretty shit, so my expectations for this game have lowered dramatically.

19. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Nothing I've seen about this makes me excited, which is a shame. I do find the Avalanche Studios thing interesting. They make Disney games for 15 years, get closed down. Year later, they're bought by Warner Brothers (who have the rights to HP), and the first game they make upon being re-opened is a another Disney game. Must've been real weird contract stuff, but definitely not the kind of studio I want handling an HP game.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm not convinced this game won't yet be canned. The caliber of the studio, how quiet they've been marketing this game that's so close to being 'finished' and WB shopping their studios around isn't a good sign.

I also call massive bullshit on JK not being involved in the game. AFAIK she's super involved with anything having to deal with the HP universe.

Oh, and finally, I'm convinced people enraged about JK's recent 'controversies' haven't actually read what she said. Maybe I'm putting too much faith in humanity by thinking that, or maybe I'm also a transphobic bigot. Her concerns were the furthest thing from hateful and I sympathized.

I guess though that thinking there's a distinction between biological women and trans women, and that you should treat both groups with respect and kindness is hateful? I dunno.

Probably not the place for that discussion.