1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Summit By K.Frosch - M - Pokemon

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Azrael's Little Helper, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Azrael's Little Helper

Azrael's Little Helper High Inquisitor

Title: The Summit
    Author: K.Frosch
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure
    Fandom: Pokemon
    Pairings: None as far as I know or read
    Summary: The destiny that awaits Red. The legacy that is Blue. Follow Pokemon Trainer Red's journey through Indigo as he builds his team. Read Pokemon Trainer Blue's journal to shed light on the mysteries surrounding the nation of Indigo. The paths to the summit are many, but ultimately there is only space for one at the top.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12731993/1/The-Summit

In the wake of the mournful passing of The Game Of Champions, here is what could be considered it's average-IV Ditto clone-bred, redheaded relation.

Been reading this one for a while and it's probably the closest story in terms of quality I've found to The Game of Champions. The author's interpretations and adaptations of some Pokemon moves and other canonical lore is well reasoned and thought through which makes for quite a compelling story. Dialogue is written well in conjunction with description and appears to be well proofread making for a story that flows well.

Putting it as a 4/5 - partly due to me wistfully seeing this story as a successor to The Game of Champions and mostly due to my view that this is simply quite a good story in it's own right.

2. harryphoenix

harryphoenix Squib

I'm going to tentatively give this a 4/5. The first 19 or so chapters are very good, cleanly written, good fights, good gym battles (Surge's fight was VERY cool).

I'm particularly enjoying the Blue chapters, his hunt for the abnormal or rare monsters is very well done and fun to read.

HOWEVER

I hate how Red is being written in the last 4 chapters or so. Mental breakdowns are hard to nail, and the author does it well, but I personally hate it. We'll see how it progresses as the story moves forward.

3. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

Not a fan of Red's descent into madness. Unsure what's going on much of the time.

3/5

4. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

On chapter 12 so far and really enjoying the worldbuilding. It has some things that I did not consider important before, like Melanie.

4/5

5. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Hopefully it doesn't take too long for Red to move past it

6. JimmyCranberry

JimmyCranberry High Inquisitor

I had been enjoying this, but the author completely lost me with Red's breakdown. I skim-read the rest of it from there and it really didn't get any better. Felt way too contrived to me. Might come back to it if the author ditches that plot line and refocuses on the more interesting direction that the fic had been going initially.

3/5

7. douter

douter Sixth Year

High Score:
    I've read up to chapter 22, and overall l like it. But there a few things that I'm not a fan off.

This story is really toeing the line on being a shitty grimdark fic, but before it does it will shove mild world building in, which could be better.

I don't like how people straight up don't believe in legendaries, it would be far better if they were simply sceptical of their existence.

I'm not sure if like Red, I'm also not sure if the author has decided on who Red is. He said swings from being good trainer to douche constantly.
    I'm not a fan of how Red seems to acquire his Pokemon, he rarely catches them which is odd.
    Oaks voice is also off.

I also hate Bill's character.

I do like a lot of this fic though, I like the conflict between Red and Blue, the gym battles, the world building and team Rocket. I even liked Reds breakdown.

Overall I would give it 3.5/5, with the potential for a 4/5.