1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Crimson Vanguard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by reptilia, Feb 24, 2013.

1. reptilia

reptilia Muggle

I wonder if someone knows what happened to this story? It was my favourite story but I can't find it anymore. The author was Thaedys

2. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Wrong thread sir. There is a thread for this in the 'Fanfic Discussion' subforum.

As for your question, Thaedys's ffn.net account was hacked and stories deleted which apparently pissed him off. He took down all his stories and swore to never post them anywhere else.

While the story is 'alright', it certainly isn't great. The technical aspects of writing were very poor and the Gellert Grindelwald portrayal was disappointing.

If anyone got a copy of the story, I wouldn't terribly mind if you E-mailed it to me.

Welcome to DLP anyway!!! :D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He stopped writing. Sereven reposts his stories, but has not yet gained permission to repost Crimson Vanguard, mainly because the author wants it gone.

4. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Sereven doesn't have a copy. I PM'ed him asking for one a while back. While the story was alright, the duels and the character development made me cry a few times in the story.

5. reptilia

reptilia Muggle

Really sorry about not finding the proper thread, but it was late at night, and well, it's hard to do anything on my mobile phone, as for not posting it on the "Fanfic Discussion" my 5am in the morning brain convinced me general discussion will do fine, since I didn't really want to discuss it, I just wanted to know what happened, because I could have swore I had it on my bookmarks in my phone.

And well, I usually don't really care about character development and how good the duels are, because I read FanFiction late at night while trying to fall asleep. :D

But yes, I agree with you that it's only an "alright" story, but it's my favourite, because it was the first FanFiction that I read that was different, that had an original idea. If you know what I mean.

6. Agent

Agent High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've got both a PDF and EPUB copy of this. Not sure how to upload it though since the EPUB isn't an allowed format the PDF is too big so here's a link to both the PDF and the EPUB. It's only valid for 7 days though. Any Mods or Admins want to add this in permanently somehow?

Click Here to Win $10,000,000!

EDIT: Should add though that there were originally rumours that Thaedys's account was hacked. Some people believe that everything written after the Author Note was written by the hacker. I haven't read it in a while (Last time I read it was before the Author Note was written) so haven't had a chance to compare the writing style. There's also the chance that the hacker rewrote some existing chapters as well.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019