1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sounds like A Black Comedy.

2. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Huh, so it is.

3. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Okay, I'm reading through Triumvirate again, and I want some goddamn Pokemon stories where there's an army attacking some cities. I want to see some steelix breaching walls, I want some charizards launching strafing runs, and I want an army of butterfree performing crowd control. I've probably read most of the upcoming suggestions, but regardless. Hit me with some pokemon armies

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  4. 9th Doctor

9th Doctor Groundskeeper

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/9794740/1/

Origin of the Species has some of that in it- though it’s more wild Pokémon as a natural disaster than people attacking cities. I know it was recommended recently, not sure it made it into the library or not.

Edit: I see you’ve already read it based on the reviews thread, but it did have some decent siege situations with regard to the whole cataclysmic thing of the birds and their driving other Pokémon forward.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  5. James

James Unspeakable

I’m looking for an ao3 fic about how HP in one dimension created an HP club, where different versions of Harry Potter can meet in their dreams and teach each other and have “nobody judging them”. It starts ariu d second year I think, and I’d like to reread. Thank you

Additionally, this fic is written by Slytherin apologist, and slash author, but is so far unfinished - so no slash yet, if it helps you jdentify author, although on DLP, I rather doubt it.

6. James

James Unspeakable

Right, last search didnt’t go too well. This another one I’m looking for has Harry as a metamorphagus, and the only thing I can remember that at some point, he gets hit with a exploding or bombardment curse in the chest and uses his skills to basically seal of his blood and creates smaller separate hearts to keep the blood flowing and I thought it was one of the most inventive things to use morphing for. Thank you

7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    There was a short fic that had an AU-Harry selected as a champion for the TWT, and three chapters that showed how he essentially eliminated the competition before the actual tasks. The Cedric chapter involves a broom race through the Forbidden Forest.

I recall it wasn't particularly noteworthy but had some cool scenes. Anyone remember what it was?

8. Niez

Niez Competition Winner CHAMPION ⭐⭐

9. bobodoll131

bobodoll131 First Year

High Score:
    There was a vaguely Dresden xover that had Draco discovering a time-travelling Hermione's notes planning a bloodline curse.

Could anyone direct me towards the fic?

10. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Looking for two fics that I enjoyed back in the day.

The first was an AU of book three and four, where Harry ends up with his father's memories, which he gets help with working through by a very foul mouthed, perverted sorting hat (I remember something about the hat tormenting Harry with James' memories of banging Lily). Pairing was Harry/Fleur iirc.

Secondly, there was one post-Hogwarts fic where a bored Harry sets himself up as a wizard for hire, with Pansy Parkinson as his secretary/assistant. It seemed to be heading for a Harry/Pansy pairing, but I don't think it had gotten there yet the last time I read it.

11. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

This one is called The Lie I've lived by JBern. It was fairly popular back then, and I still find it a decent timewaster. I have no idea about your second one.

12. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I think this one is The Lie I've Lived. I haven't read this in years, so I could easily be confusing it for something else, but I vaguely remember the beats you mentioned.

No idea on the second one.

And Genghiz beat me to it. Damn.

13. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You've had answers on the first one.

The second one is (I think) one of the stories by someone who had a story put up for review here semi-recently (or, I found the post semi-recently). The author is obsessed with sparkling water and making everyone eat salads, and it appears in all of their fics. The one you're thinking of, is that the one with Morag living with her mother out on the moors; and everyone keeps visiting a chinese restaurant? They had one where Harry develops property, and opens a tea parlour, but I can't remember whether that's the same one or a different one by the same author.

EDIT

Found it (the one I was thinking of, looking at it, probably not yours)

Merit of Inheritance, by Bfd1235813. The thread I saw was nearly 18 months old, I just have no sense of time anymore, but found it based on Vlad's post of "Oh, I'll have the mineral water and salad" for a different one of the author's fics.

This probably isn't the one you wanted, as the author seems to exclusively write HP/DG

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  14. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pretty sure this was written by the kiwi, DarkSyaoran. Should be in WBA.

15. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Yep, found it: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/7993653/1/Wizard-for-Hire
    WBA: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/threads/wizard-for-hire-snippets-by-dark-syaoran-m.19411/
    I'm a little embarrassed, 'cause it's literally titled "Wizard for Hire",which should have been easy enough to remember... *shrug*

I'm a little disappointed that it seems to be abandoned, but it's still entertaining. Thanks for the help, guys.

16. zentradi

zentradi First Year

High Score:
    I'm looking for a Little Witch Academia fanfiction story with the following storyline (warning, spoilers!):
    Croix comes back to Luna Nova to give her girlfriend, Chariot du Nord, a cure for the Wagandea curse. It some kinda powder, it works, Chariot finally can ride a broom again and there's also Diana/Akko romance in the background.
    Basically fluff, but I'm feeling nostalgic.

17. RandyRanderson

RandyRanderson Fourth Year

I'm looking for a fic which involves blood magic (not cadmean victory or another chance at life). In this story, Harry could place drops of blood on his wand which would increase the power of his spells, consuming the drops of blood. I think he used runes drawn with blood to enter himself into the Triwizard tournament (unsure). Fake-Moody may have watched him enter (even more unsure). Any help is appreciated.

18. FridgeViking

FridgeViking Squib

High Score:
  19. RandyRanderson

RandyRanderson Fourth Year

I don't believe so. Though the entrance scene was similar, I think it was ultimately a different fic. It also did not have the drops of blood on wands feature which I remember as the defining feature of the fic. Thank you anyway.

20. Sigurd

Sigurd DA Member

Looking for a fic where Harry is raised by (I think) Bellatrix. I *think* he ended up considering Voldemort a mentor and father figure. The story ended with
    Voldemort becoming a ghost/spirit who was haunting Harry