1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 4.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Dark Syaoran, May 21, 2015.

1. Rah

Rah Death Eater

Made the climb to Gold early this season, maybe I’ll finally try for Plat.

Also C9 winning LCS, Licorice gets MVP

2. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

After being hardstuck d4 0 lp, I swapped to adc and went 16-4. Since I'm only getting 12 lp per win I'm not climbing incredibly quickly, but it feels good to be d3.

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

I've had a wild ride this season. Hit diamond early season, got fucked by weird MMR that riot didn't fix until mid season, inted my way down to plat 4, and then proceeded to win like sixteen straight to climb all the way up to one game out from d3 promos.

Fuck this game.

4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I stopped playing when they ruined Kayle. Big F.

5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Kayle is pretty busted in TfT tho

6. Rah

Rah Death Eater

Only play tft now, super exited for C9 tho.

7. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Still gold, lul. Probably won't get higher either. Apart from not reading the map as often as I should, it just becomes apparent that I'm getting too old for this. I'm making incredibly stupid mistakes when I'm coming under pressure, which happens more often now. And the only thing that really tilts me into oblivion are my own horrible plays.

8. Ankan

Ankan Professor

Karthus is super disgusting. Had a game last night where he one-shot everyone within 3-4 seconds.

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Clash has returned, so I give it about 50-50 odds the servers crash on the 23rd.

10. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Watching current FNC v S04.

Selfmade > Broxah?

I think they are as good as each either, Broxah is a fucking boss but Selfmade is a great replacement. He is currently putting on a show.

Also, where is the FNC curse? It only took 2 games to win 1? This is bullshit. I wanted to be on the edge of my seat for the first split, now I am like oh well, FNC is already winning. G2 FNC finals already.
    --- Post automerged ---
    bwipo has to be a caster/on the desk when he hangs up his boots.. He is so awesome to listen in interviews.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Recently went for a nice IGN change and some nice coinflipping in ranked.

I dunno what happened to me this season. I was in promos to D1, dreaming about Masters, and then suffered a crisis of confidence after losing those promos in heartbreaking fashion and have been stuck in d3 ever since..

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

My time as an ADC main has come.

13. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

I have to say, being a G2 fan has become quite tough.

That throw just now was the biggest punch in the dick I received in a while.

14. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Par for the course the last 3 weeks. This is either a wake-up call period or an implosion.

15. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

I honestly don't know what feels worse, looking lost and losing, or looking stabilized and dominant and then throwing in such a ridiculous way. It should be the first, but today felt like a slap in the face lol.

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Glad I didn't watch today lmao

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

Watching competitive league has lost a lot of the excitement, mostly because teams play so standard and so safe nowadays that there's very little of the hype of an individual outplay or clown fiesta teamfight that used to make the game fun to watch.

There's not even too much macro to learn anymore, because what's shown on screen is generally only things you would encounter in competitive 5v5 and not solo q.

18. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

I agree with that statement, though I think it is a very NA/EUW centric perspective. From what I could gather so far, the LPL is far removed from playing standard and safe. What has lowered my enjoyment is in part the talent drain to the US (even tho it has led to some interesting rookies taking the stage), which routinely pays big bucks to buy personalities that made the LEC fun (Perkz and Alphari being the most recent examples). But there is also the issue of constricting or mainstreaming strategies I guess. Drakes and heralds have become so prevalent that they're all teams think about (G2 blundered in their last game, no doubt, but how the hell is it allowed that one missed objective spells defeat for a team who had dominated every other contestable point on the map up until that point). In any case, when was the last time you saw a team with a good 1-3-1 split pushing style like 2018 G2 for example? I also feel like individual advantages on lanes don't matter as much anymore.

I don't agree on that part, though. For example, in no solo q game in the world would you have ever encounter the vision style from the era of Korean pro dominance. 5v5 competitive macro has always been radically different to solo q, with concepts that just cannot be adequately implemented without a trained 5-man unit.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

Bro what?

I'm literally saying that there's nothing to learn from competitive games because it's very far removed from solo queue playstyles and win conditions.

Also, the reason why you don't see the split-pushing strategy from 2018 G2 is because FPX comprehensively showed the world that that strategy has a hard counter, especially if your laners aren't dominant. FPX's teamfighting style, especially Doinb's method of sacing multiple waves mid to go fuck over the opposing team's sidelanes just ruined it and sent competitive straight into the 5v5 meta that currently exists.

It's whatever. Competitive is dead, game is bad, I'm done playing for improvement at this point. Achieved pretty much everything I wanted in this game.

20. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

)=