1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Spider and the Fly by HoosYourDaddy - M

Discussion in 'Restricted Section' started by Jarizok, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Title: The Spider and the Fly
    Author: HoosYourDaddy
    Rating: M
    Genre: Smut/Suspense
    Library Category: Restricted section
    Pairings: Wouldn’t call it a pairing per se, but the story is about Harry and mrs Zabini.
    Summary: Harry has faced down dementors, Death Eaters, and Dark Lords. None of it has prepared him for Phaedra Zabini.
    Link:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13058273/1/The-Spider-and-the-Fly

I’m not sure where to begin with this. The story’s got quality and captivated me throughout even when I didn’t really like what I was reading.

The premise of Harry being found by baddies while at the Dursleys isn’t the most original, but it goes off the beaten path pretty much immediately. We’re in Harry’s head, and he’s constantly kept off-balance and that’s brought across really well IMO. It’s a genuine 23k word rollercoaster that I never even really thought of predicting the end of until we got there, and that was satisfying to boot.

I’m aware I haven’t really talked about what happens plot-wise, but I kinda don’t want to too much. If more is necessary just @ me I guess. There’s smut there as well for those that missed the smut/restricted section tag.

4/5. Wasn’t enough of a fan of the car scene to justify 5/5.

Put regular link instead of mobile link and changed status since it was complete. Zombie

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2019
  2. Archinist

Archinist Hαn Sαlsæd First

Smutter butter.

That defines this fic best. PWP.

Basically, it's a five-shot involving Mrs. Zabini and Harry (fucking). It involves some power plays, BDSM, d/s, eh.

4/5 because I couldn't find anything necessarily bad about it, just not quite evocative or interesting enough. I recommend this for whoever likes reading about Harry screwing Blaise's mom.

3. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    I really liked this. There was a good amount of actual tension and danger, Harry was very much in character and the smut itself was excellent.

It's good to see another fic from HoosYourDaddy and hopefully this one can join its predecessors in the Restricted Section.
    4.5/5

4. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Author built the tension throughout the story well. Well written, not really an expert at what defines good smut but what they wrote didn't have me flinching away from the screen.

Echo the 4/5. Probably won't read it again, but it was a great piece.

5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Anyone else have something to say on this one?

6. valrie

valrie Fifth Year

Great short story. Fun and exciting to read imo. 4.5/5 from me.

I kinda want to see the Orders reaction when they hear about this. Although it might be less interesting than I expect because they don't actually know what happened (assuming memory charms can't just be broken).

7. Wyatt Axford

Wyatt Axford Second Year

Smut's good, the story is more than just the anatomical sort of sex scenes that plague the fandom.

"Harry's gigantic peen entered Hermione's moist quivering muff" is the type of shit I'm talking about.

HoosYourDaddy is able to write characters and sex scenes well which is rare.

3/5 if you're judging purely on the story
    5/5 for a smut fic

8. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll echo Wyatt Jones on this one. It's well written for smut, average as a story. 3/5 unless you're particularly hard up for a steamy bodice ripper.