1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Dilgar War by Lord Of Misrule - T - Babylon 5

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by fuubar, Jul 15, 2010.

1. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Title: The Dilgar War
    Author: Lord of Misrule (aka Lightning Count at the spacebattles forums)
    Rating: T
    Genre: Drama/Adventure
    DLP Category: Other/Misc
    Pairing: Several Relationships but they are all in the background.
    Summary: It was the event that started it all. Thirty years before Babylon 5 the Dilgar race launched an Invasion of League space, a war which would cost Billions of lives, whole races destroyed and at the end give birth to a new super power The Earth Alliance

Link: Linkage

I don't know how many Babylon 5 fans we have here on DLP but this story deserves to be tossed up here regardless. For those familiar with the show this is the story of the Dilgar War which is referenced in some of the episodes as well as the RPG (and perhaps the novels as well). Basically this is the canon (more or less) story of what happened. For those who don't really know the setting, it is explained throughout the story so you have no excuses.

The characterizations are top notch and a blast to read (Jha'dur in particular is awesome, in that evil bitch genius kinda way). This story also has to be one of the most under-reviewed stories on ffn.net ever... 1.2 million words with 142 reviews :(

5/5 all the way with this one.

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I tired this one. I can't really get into it. Lots of words for very little delivery. Lacks the balance in engagement and actual story telling. Commendable effort and the same still holds true. It could be that the reason it has so few reviews is because its so dry.

3/5 for effort.

Someone else give it a shot. I know there's gotta be someone else that likes this fandom.

3. Atri

Atri Groundskeeper

Been some time since I've read it, but I liked it. IIRC, it starts pretty slow, but it gets a lot better. The massive space battles were also pretty well written.

4. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

This is one of the better stories of the fandom. It does get better as it goes on altough it is very long and at points I was indeed bored but it generally pays off.

4/5 from me.