1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Memorable Trash fics

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Majube, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What's a story that's stuck in your head despite it being genuinely a bad fic?

For me I'll always remember the plot of Hell Eyes, while it's not even close to the worst fic I've read it is ridiculous and I don't remember half of those shit fics I've read, but for this I can still remember the crazy plot of this.

Not to mention when I was searching for this a few years ago I read a fic that seemed similar at first glance so I read that...And it was worse then this fic and I can remember it's plot too.. :( I tortured myself by reading 'Tobias Bastard' where Harry is somehow an Unseelie Prince with a kid to read and he has wings so he lives in the inhuman ghetto of diagon alley.

Anyways that was a way worse fic then this one.

A fic where James Potter comes from a different world where his people have wings, so when Harry is born a god from James' world called 'Dark Eyes' curses him to be born with black wings, which means he will have uncontrollable rage fits when he's older-but wait its not uncontrollable so long as he gets a girlfriend that has white wings and can heal. Eventually Harry, during an inter-dimensional war finds out that Lily was actually a goddess from that war and Dark Eyes daughter, making him a demigod. He promptly becomes a god himself and defeats the crazy goddess behind the war.

I remembered all of that plot from the last time I read this, I've read it twice tbh. Anyways, just summarize a shitty fic you've read that's burned its plot into your head.

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived

3. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

I second Hell Eyes. The major and minor gods sealed it for me though, it’s why it sucked me in so hard when I first read it. But although his planet creation skills were fierce, and his black wings and rippling abs were dope, when I read it again a year ago it wasn’t as great as I recalled, for some reason

Similarly, painfully: The elemental prophecies series. Whatever the first one was called and it’s like four chapter abandoned sequel. So much packed in. The Hp magic system, a whole godly cosmology, a sci fi universe, a lost precursor society, an underworld/psychopomp thing and of course elemental magic society hidden from muggles and wizards.

A second chance at life, of course. And it’s two sequels.

The fic that got me into the fandom in 02 - Rosswrock’s Harry Potter and the Power of Time: birthplace of the magical trunk, training shopping trip and golden patronus so far as I know.

Lastly, Betrayed by Katydidn’t. The only non super-Harry, except at the end he’s super Harry. It’s a bit like a proto-Northumbrian fic. It’s mostly Harry coming to deal with his muggle children going to Hogwarts after his abandoning the muggle world. By day he’s a muggle Doctor who hates the magical world and trashes his relationship with his daughter. By night he’s Harry Potter again writing to his daughter who has a class project on him. His wife goes to Hogwarts and dies and in his absence he finds out he was elected God and just turns up and changes global wizarding society by fiat. Hilariously off-kilter ending.

4. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

This is my all-time favorite trash fic when the topic of hilarious garbage comes up: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2083384/1/He-has-Fallen-We-are-Doomed

A lot of trash fics blend together in my head. The DARKGREY indyHarry, dumbledore bashing stories with some creature inheritance or the unlocking of new abilities for flavoring. Looking at my favorites list, I have a surprising amount of mafia hp fics on there. I must have liked the trope at some point. Here's the summary of one of them: He was abandoned by the Dursleys in New York City. Found by an Italian mobster surrounded by ravens, he grew to be the most powerful Don that New York ever witnessed. Absolutely ruthless and feared by all, what happens now when he is found by Dumbledore? (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5731338/2/The-Raven-s-Anger)

When I was like 11 and reading Twilight fic, I absolutely loved this one: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5088808/1/Prank-Calls

5. kira and light

kira and light Seventh Year

A second chance at life it is hilariously over the top with million vampires, demons, elves running around who could slap Voldemort away in a second.

Aztec time travel and who could forget the awesome Thunderbird animagus, also the dialogue was incredibly over the top with Harry saying stuff like he would destroy the world,burn down the heavens and devour the sun etc. when he was a having a power dick measuring contest with a elve.

To be fair I really loved it at the time and I think most teenagers would love the shit out of it and some of the ideas aren't that bad but reading it now would probably get some good chuckles out of me.

6. Zombie

@Rahkesh Asmodaeus

7. Utsane

Utsane Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I've gotta say Thief of Hogwarts. It's objectively terrible, but I think it's kinda cute. I hate that I've read it more than once.

8. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There's a legendary shitfic series I ranted about on Discord once.

This is like a million word series, kudos to @Sesc and @Taure for recommending it.

9. Longsword

Longsword Banned

The Denarian Series.

10. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ascended Vices

11. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I will decorate your wedding venue with your blood.

12. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Easy Rahkesh.

13. buzzer

buzzer Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The one that jumps out initially is My Immortal, even if it the author has since said that the entire thing was a meant to be ironic.

14. Zombie

Which author, the one that lied and tried to use it as a platform to promote their own works?

15. buzzer

buzzer Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Maybe, I only saw one article a few years ago after some people on the internet supposedly tracked them down and asked her about it.

16. Demonbuttersage

Demonbuttersage First Year

On paper the Denarian series should be straight garbage, but even going back to it years later I find it holds up remarkably well. Granted Harry himself is much less tolerable as a smarmy little shit, but shezza still makes you root for him, no matter how many times he shoots himself in the foot.

17. Longsword

Longsword Banned

This never happened to me.
    Denarian-Indy-Harry is such a smug character and the crossover so meh that I kept skipping over sections of the text to get through the story.

18. Zombie

I like how people act like they didn't suckle Shezzas butthole whenever he was writing the Denarian series.

19. Demonbuttersage

Demonbuttersage First Year

I'm sure there's still people here who'd murder their grandmas to get that short lived fourth entry written.

20. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Make A Wish by Rorschach’s Blot.

Hard to believe that was written nearly a decade and a half ago.

I know I would regret trying to re-read it today, but I loved that story back then. It wasn’t a trash fic if judged by 2005 standards. The misadventures of “Mr Black” were pretty entertaining.