1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Why Mendel into Cerber?

2. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

I've been unexpectedly busy today.
    I'm making a POE from the votals, not a case. The votal pretty muich excludes fluffi and tammy, but you could have decided 10 minutes to EoD that Jarizok isn't showing, and to take the bus credit instead because you're never getting two votes on Vaimes. It's not inconceivable for Scum to do that, at least not for me.

3. CerberAsta

CerberAsta Muggle

Bluhhhhhh this week is gonna suck. Mendel and Tammy have been my towncore for some time now, so it's down to Empoof/Fluff for me. I was totally down for a fluff vote, but if Mendel's striking Fluff out, I'm probably laying a vote on Empoof. We'll see how the week shapes up. This has been........... a weird game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So Keldeo totally put the locking lynch vote on Sloth-- that's............. weird. Or maybe he put in an early vote to distance and then couldn't find a good enough reason to avoid a lynch that day? Eh, whatever, not too much to think about since Team 2 is entirely gone and now it's just about finding Jarizok's partner.
    --- Post automerged ---
    EOD1 voting had two scum from separate teams voting Fluff (plus myself and Ter) so yeah I feel good that fluff is likely town.

Empoof gunning for Mendel is WEIRD tbh. I'mma need a REAL good set of reasons to vote Mendel before I stop considering empoof scummy, let alone start considering Mendel scum.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Was gonna post a Most Town-> Least Town list but kind of ridiculous at this juncture. HOWEVER it did get me to this point

Tammy: Town

Was on the Sloth wagon, hasn't seemed to be coordinating with anyone, seemed genuinely against the Vaimes lynch but unable to press against it. Voted Jarizok. Started me on the Keldeo track before he got got in the night.

Fluff: Town

Voted and pressed for Jarizok. Irony in Vaimes clearing Fluff when Fluff's quote is Vaimes screaming that Fluff pocketed him BUT. I'm with it.

Empoof: Town

On the Sloth Wagon, the Jarizok Wagon, started becoming suspicious of Keldeo towards the end of Day 3, not sure.

Mendel: Scum

I really don't want to believe it but I'm gonna throw this gauntlet down. You defended Jarizok amidst your reads on Day 1, saying you think we shouldn't lynch jarizok or cobalt Day 1, certain they weren't scum or that we would learn anything useful.

Which SUCKS because Mendel had been in my towncore for most of the game but YEAH since I know I'm town there currently isn't a better case in my mind. This week is gonna be WILD.
    --- Post automerged ---
    gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh really don't like where my current logic is going tbh and feel like lodging this is deffo gonna start a huge thing but. All I know is if we get a town today, the mafia gets another shot and then Day5 will have 3 people meaning LyLo. Gotta get serious discussion going, and with only one mafia left........ welp.

VOTE MENDEL

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Ok, so the Sloth wagon and any Keldeo votes need to be treated as votes on town members, since as far as the remaining scum knew, Sloth and Keldeo could very well be town.

I need to go back to day 1 to see what that makes things like.

5. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

This is just data for me to stare at. I'm pretty tired, so I hope it looks prettier in the morning. Still have to do the reverse, too.
    In the above post, Jarizok also picks "may color us as scum" out of CerberAsta:s longer post, in context it reads "Some of his stuff is clearly agitating folks and that may color him as scum." Asta's reply is hardly even reworded:
    If it's Jarizok & Empoof, they seem to have played a distancing game, sort of? Starting as joke scum-buddies and then distancing later. I'm not done with this.

I did look up to see whether Cerber had answered Jarizok's "6 townies" challenge, and I'm surprised to see that Cerber's 75/25 scum read on Jarizok had turned into a townread with that. Do you remember what made you change your mind there, CerberAsta?

6. CerberAsta

CerberAsta Muggle

I'll have to go back and see if I can guess but seeing as I was dealing with 10 other names, only 2 of which I knew and my general thought process was just to glance over the most recent posts and try to decide from there? Probably random guesswork and the equivalent of dartboard throwing. Folks wanted reads so I tried to throw stuff down to talk about and maybe figure out questions. (I kept getting keldeo, Jarizok, and someone else mixed up in my head and had to double check to make sure I was actually talking about the right person.)

I'm still rubbish at this game and pretty clearly stumbling along. A fair bit of my logic honestly relies on the fact that yall are better than me at this, which is why I've been sheeping some mix of Tom, Tammy, or you most of it. (Had some of my own logic on fluff day1 but I was probably following ter a bit, at the very least comfortable as she was voting that way too)

--- Post automerged ---
    Jesus christ my townies list was bad seeing as it included at least 3 mafia. Keldeo and Sloth there too. I was definitely rating based on how often people posted
    --- Post automerged ---
    If it turns out you're mafia and I literally included all four mafia in my gun to head list of townies, I deserve a Total Dunce Medal.

7. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

Think things look worse for Mendel. Think you and Tammy are town.

CerberAsta why was it weird for me to gun for Mendel?

8. CerberAsta

CerberAsta Muggle

Given that I am now voting Mendel, obviously I rescind the weird to vote for mendel. I initially had him in my town core just because he seemed to be the main driving force to hunt Sloth day1 and I never really bothered to reevaluate that.

9. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Should be able to be back here tomorrow.

10. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

Well yes, I get you now voted him. I want reasons why you initially thought it was weird. Solely because you thought Mendel was über townie?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also why are you freaking out so much?

11. CerberAsta

CerberAsta Muggle

Yeah it had nothing to do with you specifically and everything to do with my having failed to really think about his aims and goals.

12. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

Alright, take a deep breath you're skeeving me out a little bit.

There's only one mafia left and we're in a pretty amazing position with that.

13. CerberAsta

CerberAsta Muggle

Probably freaked because this is the first time I'm taking real initiative in this entire game. I'm pretty genuinely unnerved that my reads have been so catastrophically bad. (THREE MAFIA IN MY TOWN LIST. THREEEEEEEE. MAYBE FOUR)

Oh I get it, I'm actually making regular posts with something approaching content. I'm pursuing a lead, so I'm not just scrambling about or actively sheeping. So my posting style is way different right now than it has been for the past three Days.

Man this game is weird.

14. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

I giggled at this line. :p
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'll admit I'm liking Mendel's process a lot today so this should be fun. Viewing things in a way I would see as "correct" from his point of view. :sherlock:

15. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Fluff why did you have such a passionate response to vaimes case? Are you typically calm in the face of suspicion?

16. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I was scumreading him, and I usually get more passionate when confronting people I see as scum. I do get pretty agitated when I'm under suspicion, especially if I think that suspicion is unwarranted (see TinyHunt9 Day 1 for a game where I get increasingly agitated and salty when I thought I was going to be mislynched.)

17. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

I defy anyone here to produce a D1 low hanging fruit lynch that hasn't been a mislynch. I wasn't certain that Jarizok specifically wasn't scum, in fact, I explicitly said that in a multiball game, Scum team A pushing a mislynch doesn't clear the target as it would in a normal game, because they could still be scum team B. I think my strongest point is that I found a scum away from the LHF group, and they were findable. We were discussing Keldeo (and whether he might have been bussing) on day 2 before Vaimes happened and took him out of his POE and then stopped hunting for the Sloth buddy altogether.
    So what I'm saying is, going for a scummy player who posts and whose lynch generates controversy and looking for his buddies from there works, and the D2 Cobalt wagon was in fact a LHF push that failed because there was very little evidence tying him to anyone.

You're doing well, actually. My initial advice to you was to be present, and not to worry about being wrong because you'd be certain to not solve the game. But being as visible as you are makes you fun to play with, and may help you win the game, no matter what your alignment is here. ;)
    You're certainly good at surviving. :p

In my first mafia game, I was a vanilla town player, with no special powers, and thought: " I'm cannon fodder here, might as well go all out", and played almost as aggressively as I did here. I've never looked back. :) You have to be in the game and take risks, and then it'll have been fun, win or lose.

I like Tammy tying up loose ends. It's either that, or laying groundwork for tomorrow. Which I half hope I won't have to play, because that'll be a tough day.
    --- Post automerged ---
    By the way, @Fluffiness , why has your name changed?

18. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/22527?p=3247779&viewfull=1#post3247779
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/17000?p=2370243&viewfull=1#post2370243
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/13244?p=1764133&viewfull=1#post1764133
    --- Post automerged ---
    You should've seen that one coming though. That was my niche for like 2 years, as town I'd find a wolf day 1 with incredibly high accuracy and usually it'd be one of the weaker wolves.

19. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

So much to do, so little time to do it in. I re-looked at my Jarizok quotes now that I've actually had some sleep, and Jarizok-Empoof is "I could totally see that as scum distancing", the jokey scumteam claim opener, later on having some back and forth over mechanical issues, and I kinda wtf'ed over Jarizok openly saying that "lynching the opposite team is pretty great, mann", because in hindsight, that is really very obvious. Nothing there is a smoking gun or a townclear, so next on the agenda is doing the Empoof ISO, which is bound to be more work.

The Jari-Cerber interactions are weirder. For one, there are the softball questions, but then there are the reads lists. Jari has Empoof as scum fairly consistently, but look here:
    Jarizok puts Cerber up with Tammy and tom!

On D1, Cerber's reads wall had Jarizok at 75/25, but later, Jarizok ends up between Tammy and me. That feels like they are attempting to get each other townread by association.

Can you quote me the "recent posts" from Jarizok before that list of 6 names, and explain to me where you saw "genuine scumhunting" with that?

I'm not all that happy that you're voting with Empoof so readily, but I'm not sure who's fault this is.

Chasing down quotes, weirdly I hit upon my "D2 entrance posts" collection, and this is from Tom's first post on D2. I think that one was tough for Empoof to address, because to clear himself here, the other team 1 member would need to be lynched, but Empoof didn't see that as optimal scum strategy ( I quoted his convo with Jari in my "data" post). So my Empoof ISO needs to look at how Empoof handled D2, and if he had any other choice than to just shoot tom in the night to defuse this situation once and for all. Cerber is also fairly far down this list, and I gotta love a reads list that has me at the top, obviously. ;p

20. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

I'm not voting right now, for the record.

You'll probably find that if I was mafia, I would've enjoyed shooting Tom since I was expecting to do a similar song and dance thing with him the following phase. But that doesn't make me mafia. :p