1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Seratin, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You wake up one day and realise that you're in the alternate universe of the Pokémon series. What region do you wake in?

What's your plan? What do your first 24 hours and first week consist of?

Do you actively go looking for a Pokémon of your own or do you keep your head down and get a job in the pokemart?

2. Cjonbloodletter

Cjonbloodletter Professor

Since I'm American probably Unova. Which is good cuz I need me a lillipup.

As for what else I do, that depends on my situation. Am I magically younger, am I replacing my alternate self who has a history here. If I'm younger then I'm already out on my journey before I could even type this post. If not I get my Lillipup and try to get a job, maybe at a Pokemon daycare, or a pokemart, a farm, ect.

If I'm replacing my alternate self I would wonder what Pokemon I have already, I'm former military so I might have something from that. If LT Surge can walk out with his electric types than I should be able to leave with whatever they assigned to me right?

3. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Uhh, what's the Canadian equivalent to a region. Let's default to Kanto (Viridian City) and let's say I'm de-aged to a preteen with enough papers to prove I exist, but no family/contacts/notable history. Let's also say I bring some of my savings with me, enough that I'm not at risk of begging on the streets or going to homeless shelters.

First step is confirming all these details (have money/documents). Second step is going to a library and researching what it takes to be a trainer in this world. What equipment/survival supplies/knowledge do I need, where I should start, etc. Children don't seem to go to school beyond elementary, so no need to worry about that, and I can hopefully make money as a trainer while I decide what career I want. In every post-game, I become a breeder, but I wouldn’t feel right doing eugenics in real life + basically being a backyard breeder.

To keep myself sane, I assign myself an immediate goal: get to Hoenn, because it’s the best region and warm and not cold and also has cool water routes. To do that, I probably need to get to Vermillion City and take a ferry. In a real life Pokemon world, there’s probably buses I can take to Vermillion, and after considering many options, this is what I do. I don’t want any of the Pokemon around Viridian or Vermillion. I want HOENN POKEMON, as nature intended.

I’ll probably sweat through customs as I present my dubious documents to Vermillion border agents, but soon I’m through and on my way to Lilycove City.

By this time I’ll have a plan: intern or act as a field researcher/explorer for professors/others, to get job experience and also set up a reputation. See, all these actual children don’t think long-term, they’re just being trainers and having fun, so someone like me who is willing to work for little and go anywhere at my young age will stand out. But to even be accepted, I feel like I need one or two badges just to prove I can take care of myself. Cynically, I’ll choose my starter, and another Pokemon, based on type advantages for the gyms I’m eying. The gyms should be difficult and not easy beginner gyms.

Of course, I’ll choose Pokemon I like! … Who are also strong and have long-term potential. I’ll probably end up with four Pokemon in this part of my journey. Two of my gym-beating Pokemon (who are also strong), one general strong guy, and Masquerain, because I love it. Though if I can make Masquerain a gym beating Pokemon, I’d be pretty happy. Intimidate + Air Slash goes a long way.

This will do me for a few years as I build up my reputation and Pokemon. Eventually, I hope to spend time in eastern Hoenn on the beaches and exploding the ocean and underwater treasures.

With my inevitable Mamoswine.

4. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I don't care where I live now. If I don't wake up in tropical Hoenn, I immediately go there anyway.

I try to get a Treecko from Professor Birch and live the dream life.