1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Let’s Shit on Ron

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arthellion, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Mestre

Mestre Professor

He would still be a woe.

2. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    welp cant fix crap taste
    anyways arth this is garbage reasoning, someone poor can feel bad about being poor without hating their family. He still loves his family and just because Harry's an orphan doesnt mean ron cant bitch about his own, plus he never rubs it in Harry's face on purpose. You're acting like he pours salt in the wound like how Draco would shit talk Harry over being an orphan.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Any other shit reasoning can prolly be easily rebutted by this https://forums.darklordpotter.net/threads/is-ron-an-asshole.35717/page-9#post-1083853

Ron is awesome, stop shitting on him like you're jkr arth

3. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like Ron. The purpose of this thread is to shit on Ron. I don't actually agree with my statement above, but if we're going to shit on hermione we can shit on Ron too. Both Ron and Hermione have the same system root issue in the books...they're kids and lack fully formed maturity.

*shrugs*

4. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ron isn't the sort of person I would have been friends with in school.

That's really all the shitting I will do. I just don't make him a significant character in my stories.

5. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Come on guys, don't fight! Let's find that happy middle ground we can all agree on:

Let's Shit on J.K. Rowling!

6. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

Come on, that's far too easy. Lets try something harder.

Let's shit on Neville!

7. Zilly Sawdust

Zilly Sawdust High Inquisitor

I think she does all the shitting on herself lately, but why not.

Also, nobody seems to have mentioned the character most in need of shitting on... First rule? It's all about Harry, so why don't you take those words to heart and

Let's shit on Harry

I'll start.

Harry is a coward. Instead of confronting his situation at the Dursleys, he just runs away from Dudley's gang and grows a massive chip on his shoulder after he learns of being a celebrity.

People-saving thing my arse,
    he's developed a full-blown messiah complex as early as Halloween of first year. Instead of informing older students or the professors of his rather annoying missing class-mate, he drags off another class-mate to get themselves killed.

He's stupid. By the time he's learned that the Basilisk uses the pipes, thus finally reaching the conclusion of where the entrance to the CoS is located, he already doesn't trust Lockheart's capabilities, yet still he's the person he turns to, and is then shocked that Lockheart is a fraud.

I'm going to leave the rest up to you, because there is no end in sight to the mountain of shit he deserves to be piled under.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  8. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

BRB, putting people on my list.

9. cucio

cucio Groundskeeper

High Score:
    Let's shit on the greenhouses, at least something useful will come of it. Those of you fuckers who eat hot peppers like they are candy please use greenhouse three, it will be so close to dragon dung that the venomous tentacula won't be able to tell the difference.

10. aAlouda

aAlouda High Inquisitor

Let's shit on Luna, she's basically the Harry Potter version of flat earther or Anti Vaxxer, yet is even more consistently wanked than Hermione. Like do any of you even recall the last time you read a story that potrayes her negatively?

11. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I actually thought about making this thread about Luna, but thought Ron might be a safer bet. Apparently not. I say go for it next Sunday.

12. TRH

TRH Groundskeeper

Bungle in the Jungle?

13. soczab

soczab Professor

High Score:
    tbh I feel like Ron always gets shit on in fanfics. It seems like a common theme.

To the point I actually at some point might make a thread asking for good ron portrayals. Cause... they are so rare.

14. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes, if you mean a story that screws up her characterization, than yes. The number of stories with Luna that aren't butchering her character are likely under 30.

15. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Stole Hermione from Harry or saved Harry from Hermione?

Perhaps Ron simultaneously cemented his credentials as the ultimate wing-man and ultimate big brother by throwing himself on the Hermione grenade for Harry, and clearing the way for his little sister.

Considering how hot it is in my room, I figure devil's advocate is the appropriate position, right now.

16. Hakairyu

Hakairyu Seventh Year

Does that mean she has access to the vanishing spell?

17. Zilly Sawdust

Zilly Sawdust High Inquisitor

Definitely not, she's already at least waist-deep in her own shit.

18. NewtScamander

NewtScamander Banned

I strongly dislike Ron. He seems to always be bickering, he leaves the others when they need him a lot, he lacks the maturity of Harry and Hermione, and he is always driven by instinct as opposed to rational thought.

Hermione provides extensive intelligence and practical application to the situations the trio experience. His only seemingly redeeming characteristics are his loyalty, which can be questioned after his desertion in the 7th book, and his knowledge of wizarding history that Harry and Hermione lack as they were raised by muggles.

19. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ron is a fair-weather friend. If he was actually loyal when it counted, he'd be in Hufflepuff.