1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Man off the Moon by FiendLurcher - T - Fate/Extra x Mass Effect

Discussion in 'Fate/Stay Night' started by Zel, May 29, 2018.

1. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Same here. Someone should've nipped his bad habits in the bud, but that ship sailed long ago. It's way too much time in Emiya's headspace, and everything goes into circles for a few dozen paragraphs before jumping to the next point.

Though to be honest I've lost track of much of what's going on in the fic and I'm not inclined to go back and reread it.

2. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Man off the Moon has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 36
    Words: 675,161
    Updated: 2020-03-06 17:22:48 UTC
    Published: 2018-04-15 20:03:38 UTC
    Previously updated: 9 months ago
    New Summary:
    The story of an unyielding man thrust into a galaxy of myriad grays—of questioning the past and of walking the same steps, wondering whether any answers beyond death lie at the end of that long, winding road. (Ch35@21.8k words: finishing touches in progress)

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.

3. Xion

Story Stats
    Chapters: 37
    Words: 686,900
    Updated: 2020-03-28 22:45:07 UTC
    Previously updated: 22 days ago
    New Summary:
    The story of an unyielding man thrust into a galaxy of myriad grays—of questioning the past and of walking the same steps, wondering whether any answers beyond death lie at the end of that long, ever-winding road. (Ch37@1k words)

4. Xion

Story Stats
    Chapters: 38
    Words: 707,979
    Updated: 2020-04-17 15:38:08 UTC
    Previously updated: 20 days ago
    New Summary:
    The story of an unyielding man thrust into a galaxy of myriad grays—of questioning the past and of walking the same steps, wondering whether any answers beyond death lie at the end of that long, ever-winding road. (Ch38@0%)

5. Xion

Story Stats
    Chapters: 39
    Words: 725,594
    Updated: 2020-07-17 15:37:52 UTC
    Previously updated: 3 months ago
    New Summary:
    The story of an unyielding man thrust into a galaxy of myriad grays—of questioning the past and of walking the same steps, wondering whether any answers beyond death lie at the end of that long, ever-winding road. (Ch38@15.1k words)

6. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

While my enjoyment of the story currently barely scrapes a 3/5, I still keep returning to read a chapter here and there.

To the credit of the recent chapters, Shepard has become a more active participant of the events, I actually enjoy reading her interacting with Emya.

However, by this point Emya is strutting around with such a degree of overconfidence, and still keeps outshining everyone so much that's it's not just... satisfying to read.

One interesting bit about indoctrination:
    There's an official meeting of System's Alliance personel, where Emya (in disguise) and Benezia present the effects of Indoctrination to warn the high ranking military members of the signs to watch out for.
    It's very interesting to see it taken seriously, while at the same time noticing the brass realizing the implications of indoctrinated agents and how bad the security could turn.
    The addition of "two known incidents over X hundred years" serves to placate the worst fears, and I like how humans take it as a non-issue, while the asari thinks that it's already a significant number of occurrences to warrant more security.

The very fact that this foreknowledge advantage is given to the Systems Alliance, and by extension Citadel Spaces is what I'm dubious about. I'm unsure if the ripples from this will be handled well

7. Xion

Story Stats
    Chapters: 40
    Words: 744,927
    Updated: 2020-11-30 17:08:30 UTC
    Previously updated: 5 months ago
    New Summary:
    The story of an unyielding man thrust into a galaxy of myriad grays—of questioning the past and of walking the same steps, wondering whether any answers beyond death lie at the end of that long, ever-winding road.