1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fifteen Years of DLP

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Mordart

Mordart Slug Club Member

Clusterfarks are not something to be proud of. At all. Especially not this one.

2. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Holy shit I feel old now. I signed made an account on here in 2008 in my first year of university, back when we had to make introduction posts, and looking back, it was cringy as hell in the way only 18 year old nerds can be. I may only post sporadically, but DLP has been a mainstay of my Internet browsing for the past 12 years, and it's always great to poke my head in to various threads and see the old crew still around, and the new people finding their way to the site.

And we STILL have that edgelord/asshat reputation in chunks of the HP fandom, which is goddamn hilarious.

3. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

If the internet is the night sky, DLP is my beckoning pole star. I always end up back here one way or another.

Not sure exactly how much damage you guys have done to me yet (I’ll ring you the bill when I find out) but I think I prefer the version of myself which grew up on DLP over the imaginary version which didn’t. Cheers.

4. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

I'm going to be hitting the ten year mark before the end of the year. Hard to believe I've been on and off here for almost a decade at this point. I don't even remember how I found you bunch of degenerates and I certainly don't feel like trudging through the introduction section to find out, but I'm glad for it. I was never the most active poster but you kept life interesting, I could always count on there being something going on here to brighten up my day, even if it was just trying to think of new ways to get Arth banned.

Cheers to as many more years as we all get.

5. Kerrus

Kerrus DA Member

Geeze, it's been this long eh?

6. Augustine

Augustine First Year

I’ve been coming here for ten+ years - can’t even say that about my favourite pub.
    I don’t post but just reading threads has been something that’s been a great boon to me and my understanding of HP and broader life. Hears (here’s?!?) to ten more

7. BlackSun

BlackSun Squib

WTF? I've been lurking on and off here for 13 years?!

8. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

Crazy to think I've been here for 10 years at least. Some enduring mysteries-- whatever happened to Blaise? What happened to all those authors with abandoned super popular fics?

I look back to my high school days and I'm shocked by the amount of time and energy I poured into reading HP fanfiction. I still have a great HP trivia knowledge base. I still think @Taure posts on philosophy of magic is actual genius and JKR should see it one day.

I'm grateful for the quasi friendships from here, the wonderful stories I've read.

9. thepuzzlingcentaur

thepuzzlingcentaur First Year DLP Supporter

I clearly remember how I occasionally stumbled upon this forum thanks to Google that I overused more than a decade ago. It was weird. I didn't even read fanficiton.

EDIT: I may have googled "Emma Watson hot" or something like that.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  10. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Did you ever find out if Emma Watson was hot?

11. raul1331

raul1331 First Year

Kudos

12. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

Congrats to DLP for surviving and thriving for 15 years. Nearly half my age.

13. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

You'll always be 14 in our hearts, bud.