1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you giver her Maiden gear, stack defense, and drop her in a group of your stronger attack units to offset her lack of dps, Noelle can heal in a pinch. Put Barbara with your weaker comp.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Do you have Xinqiu? He can heal too with his burst.

I love how I've been forced to engage with food/potions now at AR40, but I don't like how limited they are.

Either they need to add another 'leech' brand of food, or add them to the healing foods now. Leech on weapons like The Black Sword make it overly powerful, I think.

Like, Diluc does the huge vaporize crits, but he can't hold a candle to Keqing with that sword who does comparable dps and can just self-heal for days...

Still, there've been datamined images and one of them is a purple-y katana that has 'Keqing' written all over it (like how Wolf Gravestone has Diluc and Aquila, Jean) which I'm no doubt gonna get because Keqing is ma kween.

Btw did any of you do the Mona story? I was worried she'd be a brat and I'd hate her, but she's basically Erina from Food Wars and super adorable, lol.

3. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have both Noelle and Xingqiu. While both have healing in their kit, I really don't know how effective they are. Noelle is a tank/dps who can also heal a bit when she's in the field, and Xingqiu is a hydro support whose swords give some healing and dr... but neither really feel like they have enough healing for me. I could very well be wrong, but I'd have to raise them to lv70 or something, and I don't have the resources for that right now, haha.

Out of the two, I imagine Noelle is the better 'healer' healer, since she can heal the whole party, though since it massively depends on her defense, I'd really have to level her up, get het leveled up defense artifacts (I have 5* def gladiator pieces a lot, but no fodder), and craft and level a whiteblind... I just don't know if she's worth the effort, or if I should wait for a rate up banner for Bennet, or that new 4* cryo healer, or something.
    Yeah. I actually single pulled Mona a while back (like ten pulls after Keqing), but she's benched at lv1 right now. I was kinda ambivalent about her, but that quest turned her into a sleeper waifu for me. Now I like her and want her in my team... once I can level her up. So many Megumin vibes.

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    My Noelle is only 60 and C0, but with a Maiden set and about 800 def, I'd probably put her healing output at about 1/4th that of Barbara, and 1/3rd that of Jean. She is serviceable in a pinch. If you can get a dupe of her, for 100% heal chance instead of 50 when she pops break and burst together, she'll be a really solid healer. You definitely need Whiteblind for the def boost to offset the slow speed of claymore hit based heals.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Genshin made 245 million USD in sales.

In a month.

Yikes. Chill out whales.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm gonna need you to get aaaaaall the way off my back chief.

You think these sales are huge? We are on the verge of the husbandos coming.

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    [​IMG]

8. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

So how similar is this to Honkai Impact 3rd?

9. Gengar

High Score:
    I hear the combat is similar? I dunno though, never played it.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Not really that similar at all.

There is the rapid character switching mechanic, and units in both games have similar regular/skill/ultimate attack setups, but the combat is overall quite different. Honkai is all about that rock paper scissor weakness exploitation, whereas Genshin is more about making a team of units that has synergy and which can build off each other's attacks to make elemental reactions (essentially debuff mixtures that cause extra damage and other unique effects).

Honkai has small zone maps filled only with mobs to kill, whereas Genshin is a massive seamless AAA open world filled with puzzles and and treasures as well as mobs. 2 of 7 zones released and it's already as big as Zelda: Breath of the Wild, with almost 3x as much climbing verticality.

Honkai is thematically mecha/sci-fi, Genshin is fantasy.

Honkai is a waifu simulator, Genshin is definitely putting story first (so far).

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Rock Paper Scissors definitely comes into it in latter Spiral Abyss and Domains. You literally do almost no damage if you can't break through the corresponding elemental shields.

Really restricts synergistic team building.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    Shop reset (fuck finally I needed those enhancement mats), but more importantly, confirmation that Starglitter heroes rotate.

Razor and Amber are gone, replaced with Benette and Lisa.

13. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Starting to really love the combat in this game, except there is nothing really difficult outside of being underleveled/geared in the spiral abyss. But the the combinations are really fun.

Currently running with Klee and Razor as my main two dps (rolled them both in the same pity 10*rainbow roll actually, I was stoked).
    Start with Klee, proc fire, use mines, switch to razor, proc overcharge, switch to traveller, swirl mines into the middle for op damage. Rinse and repeat. Barb for heals. Just burning through everything atm. And both Klee and Razor still aren't max level because I was originally running Xiangling and Lisa. Klee is only about 6 levels behind but razor is 35 levels behind, max weapon though.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    The difficulty spikes are real in this game. You'll start needing food and pots and healers will start to make much more sense.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    LET'S DO THIS! ORA ORA ORA

Waifu tier list!

Keqing, Ningguang and Beidou subject to change based on story (the first two will be in 1.1. If it was just on appearances alone, they'd be top tier too!)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Well. My luck is used up for the forseeable future. Bought my 5 monthly aquaint fates with starglitter, rolled.... and got Diluc, Jean C1, and Beidou C1 all in one go.

17. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

I hate Mona and her stupid dash. Every time I want to switch from her it fails because of it and I just jump around like a madman. My fault because I use dash too much, but still really annoying. So she gets a down vote from me...

18. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Downloaded the game today - so far so good. I'm not spending a lot of time on it because work but it's a great little 'tab out into game' diversion while working.

These are my favorite type of graphics - not too realistic (I don't like the ultra realistic ones) but still detailed and gorgeous. And I'm a fan of exploration/adventure/rpg style games of this nature, so... wins all around. At least until the Gacha mechanics kick in more, then I'm sure I'll be slightly annoyed.

19. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    There is really no requirement to roll gacha beyond making better parties for Spiral Abyss (and you can still fully clear that with the story units plus the free copies of Noelle, Xiangling, and Barbara it just takes a lot more heavy investment).

If you haven't rolled Jean or Qiqi, as well as a second fire unit in your prelim rolls, do make sure you get to AR 20 and Spiral 3-3 before 1.1 drops in two weeks, because I believe the Barbara and Xiangling promos end.

20. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Thanks for the tip - my buddy told me to make sure I got level 5 before the patch dropped to get... something, but level 5 came rapidly and easily.

I’ll shoot for your suggestion.