1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Didn't get to play much after work, but I got to 54.5. Arcane Mage is very fun, I hate Radiant Spark. Kyrians are culty af. Screw 'em...

BTW, I loved (/s) the bit in the Maw when we were stealthing through trash like an MDI team... with a group of the most powerful mortals on Azeroth...

2. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Question for people who are playing. I know they did a level and number crunch, what does that mean for folks like me who used to go back and solo old dungeons for transmog/vindication? Is there a system in place? Answers on Google seem shaky.

I was trying to get "murder rampage kill" on in diablo 3 but I feel like the play isn't very deep.

3. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

I... thought the Night elf song could not possibly be made more emotional...

I stand corrected.
    Good show Blizz, Good show.
    And who keeps bringing these effing onions below my chair...

4. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I feel you and I don't have a son. Congrats on the birthday by the way. This xpac will be the first time since release I won't be touching WoW. I tried playing prepatch and just did not feel it at all. Even paid 6months sub for the transmog because I usually last at least that long on initial play with each xpac and... nothing. There are other games I play not to mention a couple big ones coming out the next month or two and I just can't summon up the interest, plus I work 7 on 7 off and I'll be travelling a lot on my days off until next year so don't have much spare time anyway. So it's a weird feeling tbh to just not be feeling anything for something you have loved and invested so much time in since 2004.

Maybe I'm just enjoying other things too much atm and in a few months I'll give it ago and get hooked again. Because out of all the recent xpacs, it does look pretty good some of the content they are releasing. Sometimes I wonder if I just create a new account (or use one of my old multiboxing accounts I guess) and just try starting 100% fresh. Level up toons, level professions, farm gold again. Maybe that will reinvigorate me.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Late pro-tip I guess?

Skip all the side-quests. There's nothing more soul destroying than being lvl 60 (halfway through Ardenweild btw) and having to slog through Revendreth to get to end game content at max level...

6. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

I went for Night Fae on my Warlock. After Necrolord's class ability got nerfed, I wanted to either go Night Fae or Venthyr for the movement ability (warlocks can't run... they jog leisurely). Soulshape improves quality of life so much it's insane. It helps you get out of unexpected mechanics better than burning rush. I like it so much that I'm already sad I'll have to relinquish it in two years or so lol.

My favorite part of the expansion so far is exploring the zones and picking herbs and trying to figure out ways to get the treasure chests on the map. The art team really hit it out of the park. The zones are absolutely stunning.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    I can't even fathom going anything other than NF given how infuriating the Maw is.

8. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Kyrian dispel is godsent and I will not be surprised if it becomes the m+ meta, being a hunter with the possibility of saving myself from a dot feels good.

9. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Also remember that Honor gearing is a thing this expac guys. I just wasted 2 days hunting 155 gear to be able to do Heroic. Doh.
    Then remembered there's a honor vendor now.
    875 honor for basic 158 gear. 400 + 400 Honor to upgrade that gear to 171.
    A single day's work to get your toon upto 171.
    And then you can do Mythics at 171 easy.

Oh yeah. I went Kyrian with my DH. Will go NF with my alt hunter.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  10. Gengar

High Score:
    I never needed to do pvp tbh. I got 155 from just completing the main story and crafting gear

11. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Oh Yeah.

Well, I'm not crafting atm. ;)

Too much gold to be made selling mats.

12. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

I got a lucky 190 boe drop from a heroic dungeon and sold that for 140k. I’ve also been selling tons of herbs, some of which are going for 250 per on my server like Nightshade. I have more gold now than I think I’ve ever had before.

13. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Yeah elethium(?) or whatever its name is, the ore that you get in the maw, is going for 300 per piece on my server. But its relatively rare to find as well. I'm just using the mining skill whenever I see a ore. Not actually looking for it. But even then I have something like 100k from just 4 days.

My other prof is engineering. While it had top lvl Azerite goggles in BfA, it doesn't have that here in shadowlands. No mounts to build either. So I'm gonna wait till the first raid drops for the ridiculous prices to drop down before starting to craft on that.

Its already happening. The basic Ore, Laesterite (?), I managed to sell at 80 per piece on day 2. XD
    Its 7 per piece right now.

14. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

With gold prices being so high, why dont they bring in Platinum or something to squish the numbers.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    They've actually started making good changes to curb the crazy economy, from murdering that gold selling website to killing multiboxers. I think it's a long-term fix though.

16. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Managed to do pretty much all of my weekly goals before reset so I'm fairly happy. Only thing I didn't really cap out on was doing world quests or Maw stuff, but aside from that I'm fairly happy with how things went. I was able to do all 8 of my Mythic's this week and actually got a decent amount of loot, so I ended up at ilvl 174 and I even got a decent amount of really nice mythic conduits. The only thing I could have gotten luckier on was what specific mythic gear dropped for me, as well as a lack of legendary memories aside from a single one from Torghast. Overall though I've had a ton of fun with it all, and I'm looking forward to doing more.

17. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Nah. They have done some good stuff to control the irritating things in the economy like @Gengar mentioned.

The initial high prices are pretty much expected. Especially in Shadowlands, since you absolutely need crafted items to make a legendary. This is legit a good move since it makes professions incredibly relevant. And making that crafter's mark is costly as fuck. In day 4 the lowest Crafter's mark was selling at min 90k. Now its down to 40k on my servers.

So what it means is, the players who are rushing in to play end-game content... I'm talking about people who're item level 180+ by today, that is week 1, now they'll be ready to pay any price to get that gear as fast as they can. There are people who've accumulated about 5 million+ gold in the last 4 months of BfA just for this purpose.

By the time semi-casuals and casual players get around to crafting, the prices will be pretty normal.
    it depends on how many players are doing what in which zones. Or the casuals can choose a gathering prof themselves.

Completely depends on your playstyle, which is the way it should be.
    Like I said, the basic ore went from 80g/piece to 7g/piece. I suspect the ardenweald and Bastion ores will also experience similar drops.
    But not so the Maldraxus or revendreth ones, since not a lot of people are choosing that on my server.

By the time the raid drops on the 8th, 90% of the stuff will be steady.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    I played every day, did everything but mythics and i'm sitting at 166 ilvl. Will start doing m0s next week (by the time I was ready for m0, everyone in my guild had done then. No real fuss).

I'm also 2 days away from Sinrunner Blanchy HYYYYYYYYYYYYPE.

I got 2 of my 3 best legendary powers (the third was ungettable bc the correct wing of Torghast wasn't live).

The only thing I'm supre sad about is that the BiS Arcane potency conduit refuses to drop.

19. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I hit 60 over this weekend (Prot Paladin). Went Kyrian for that Greek Life hype. But also none of the other covenants seems to resonate with my theme either.

Also my Boi Uther... Ugh hope I get to clear that mess up.

Anyway, as a fresh 60 I've been working on getting my blacksmithing up so I can craft legendaries. Also been enjoying Torghast. Not quite geared enough for dungeons yet but struggling to find upgrades. I may just do normal dungeons for the daily dungeon quests.

Raiding is a far off, and unlikely dream. I'm fine with it though. The story for this xpac is not really resonating with me (I just don't care about anything going on really).

I suspect that getting I'll just keep progressing the campaign and my I level will get there. There appears to be some kind of covenant set you get.

Anything I'm missing doing that's hugely important?

20. Gengar

High Score:
    Gearing is honestly a pretty miserable experience. I've done eight +8s this week and I've only gotten one piece of loot from them. The req ilvl to get into pugs too is being inflated by fucking PvP gear. I despise the PvP in WoW and hate how I'm forced to throw myself at it so I can raid.

It's seriously put a damper on the expansion for me. Add onto that how stale Torghast is already (Mage powers are just shit. It always just ends up buying the invis arcane bolt powers from the shop and one-shotting big enemies. The rest are garbage or so high-roll they never show up).

I've also spent so much of my time farming keys that the reset is gonna happen with me missing out on 200 or so soul ash, which is just the worst, because I just ran out of time.

Don't even get me started on the Maw. I might have found everything far more tolerable if it didn't exist, but being forced to do it too just puts me in a bad mood.