1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Novocaine by StardustWarrior2991 - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Mordecai, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

The story updated. Just to warn everyone, and I don't think this merits a spoiler, it's more of the same. The adventures of the Golden Snitch Collective and the Diagon Restoration Programme, day 64. There are some parts where the narrative takes place from the pov of a minor character with no involvement of the main cast. I skipped those bits. I don't know if they add anything to this story, but given that this chapter probably clocks in at upwards of 10k words I don't care too much.

2. cucio

cucio Groundskeeper

High Score:
    Author sure likes their enumerations and their passing knowledge of everything and anything under the sun, from gastronomy to counselling. A compendium of Experts Exchange amateur tutorials loosely wrapped as a HP post-Hogwarts fanfic.

Decent grammar and a few interesting ideas. Terrible pacing, found myself skipping huge chunks of pointless lists of stuff. Harry is pretty OOC, in the sense that in canon he is a doer, not much a planner. A bunch of hypercompetent 18-year-olds taking over Magical Britain legislature is a rather unbelievable premise.

Meh/5.

3. JimmyCranberry

JimmyCranberry High Inquisitor

It really is quite remarkable how the author has managed to write a story that feels both fresh and old hat, that is both rich in detail and yet sorely lacking in it. Above all, though, it's just so dry. Didn't find myself looking forward to reading each new chapter the way I would with an engaging story.

Little boost in rating for the author's competance, if nothing else. 2.5/5, rounded up to 3/5. Solid almost recommended.

4. Harpo the Fool

Harpo the Fool Fourth Year

Story is complete as of Nov 2021. I don't remember whether I finished reading it, but I probably did, not that I care. It was good in places, and had a few things that were memorable until I forgot them.