1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else II: Not As Good As The Original

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MonkeyEpoxy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

People are thirsty for this...? From a series that gave us Jill and Ada? I'm so confused...

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gotta say, I have never been less thirsty.

Most of the thirst prolly comes from people drawing her like this:
    [​IMG]

Instead of sticking to the char model:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    She's great insofar she achieves her purpose of being horrifying, not even remotely thirstworthy.

4. 13thadaption

13thadaption Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I see ya'll have run across the monsterfuckers. Pretty sure the horrifying part is the appeal. That's actually the prettiest fanart I've seen, most seem more like this, and yes this had all sorts of thirst tags on it.
    8c414571-176e-47dd-bcd4-34707c33ba50.jpg

5. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I come to this thread for gaming. Not bizarre horror inducing fetishes. Take this to the WTF thread where it belongs, lol.

(Halt wants that woman to step on him.)

6. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Mass Effect Legendary Edition looks promising so far, from the screenshots. There's some people complaining about the changes to Eden Prime in the remaster, but I think it looks okay.

7. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Hell, maybe I'll finally play Mass Effect myself. Wouldn't be the first time I've got a game after watching the entire thing on YouTube.

8. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll definitely be playing it in prep for the next mass effect game.

Andromeda was average, but I'm hopeful for the next one.

9. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

I just recently purchased the rest of the dlc I was missing for Mass Effect 2 pc, but I'm still getting the legendary edition. This game was just one of the biggest things for me when it came out.

I'm kind of amused some people are saying the game doesn't look as good as ME1 pc with ALOT/ALOV. It's a massive upgrade for console owners, and I'm sure modders will take to this new pc version with a passion unless it's horribly difficult to mod.

I am hopeful Bioware maybe changes it's mind on ME3 multiplayer though. I miss that...

10. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

You can still play the ME3 multiplayer. It's not as populated as before, but I've had no trouble finding random matches the past few weeks. If you are looking for specific maps and/or enemies it might be harder though. But you could probably find a party over on the Mass Effect Discord or the MECoOp reddit.

11. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hell, I still pop into the multiplayer from time to time and it's still gold.

I will say this: the Legendary Edition is the game that brings me the closest to a preorder I've ever been. But preorders are garbage and incentivize releasing games in unfinished state, so no. In any case, my laptop most likely won't be able to run the game anyway, meanwhile the OG games run smoothly and I've got all the DLCs.

12. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Supposedly the Legendary Edition will not contain ME3 MP which is what I'm referring to. And given that I originally played it on the xbox 360 which I no longer use, I can't play it anymore.

13. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

I read that the Legendary Edition won't have multiplayer. But since the servers are still up, I don't see it as a big problem. But that is very much the view form a PC user. If I didn't have access to the account, or it had problems with Win10 I would probably be in your camp.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/0...ass-effect-3-multiplayer-in-legendary-edition

At the end of the day I think their arguments for not including it are perfectly reasonable. The focus of the remaster should be on bringing the games -- especially the first one -- up to modern standards and making sure they run well on modern systems. If they fail to do that then the whole project is in vain. And focusing on a part of the third game that most user rarely, if ever touched, especially since it's still perfectly playable, would be a waste of time and resources.

The big question for me now is, how do they handle the Galactic Readiness without the multiplayer? Do they just ignore that and set it to 100%, making it basically impossible to get a bad ending?

14. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

I saw on a meme post somewhere that they'll reduce the number of ass-focused shots. I am undeniably horrified. Miranda's and Garuss's asses were like 95% of my ME enjoyment.

15. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The Galactic Readiness was patched years ago - I've never touched the multiplayer, and have got the golden ending at least once. I think without DLC it's trickier, although still perfectly possible, you just couldn't afford to miss any of the side missions, but with the DLC it's not really a problem.

16. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

I know you can get a good ending without playing the multiplayer. The question is, can you get a bad ending with 100% readiness?
    If not it would make the minigame even more worthless. It would also remove a lot of the tension if the literally can't fail your galaxy saving mission. You could also argue they would remove content present in the original game. But that's a whole other kettle of fish.

17. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well. Color me surprised. LE is already ruined.

18. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    Heh. “Color.”

I actually played ME3 on my 12 year old Piano Black PS3 recently and was surprised at how well the mechanics held up, even on the DS3 controller. Personally, I don’t think I’ll miss the multiplayer too much and I understand the resoning for cutting it. Changing anything about the cutscenes aside from graphics touch-ups on the other hand… IMO they should just leave it as is, but I guess how much it annoys me will depend on how noticeable the changes are.

In any case, I suppose I’m most excited to see how much they can bring the original ME up to the standards set by the sequels. I never really played the PS3 port of ME as much, so that’ll be the closest to a “new experience” I’m going to get out of the Legendary Edition.

19. nahbutualright

nahbutualright Slug Club Member

My horror is matched only by their cowardice.

20. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    A bit more on Buttgate from YongYea. (As usual, it’s three minutes’ worth of news stretched into ten, but he does provide the sources in the description of his video.)

And tbf, what I saw there does a lot sound more sensible than what I was imagining at first.