1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Tower of Pime by Quillian - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Evil Shnitzel, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Title: Harry Potter and the Tower of Pime
    Author: Quillian
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Fantasy
    DLP Category: Alternates (Until the new format is approved)
    Pairing: None
    Summary: Long ago, a powerful but obscure wizard named Pime built a magical tower, one which he deemed the most worthy could inhabit. But will it accept the young wizard known as Harry Potter? AU TO THE ENITRE HARRY POTTER SAGA
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3383398/1/

If you switch the "T" of tower with "P" of Pime you get power of time. A humurous allegory.
    The story itself only started but it is well written in my opinion and seems to develope quite nicely. The first chapter tells us a story about a wizard named Pim and his kife through the centuries. He built himself a tower and in his final moments ignited his spirit onto the tower. The second chapter is set at the dursleys, where Harry is abused by them and Marge. After some events he is transported to the tower and the first wizard after Pim to enter it.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I've had my eyes on this fic, but here's why I haven't read it yet:

I don't want to start this, only to be forced to wait half year until book 7 comes out.

3. Evil Shnitzel

ammm here hope it helps :)

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Oh cool, I'm on it.

5. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

I'm not going to read it, atleast i don't think so. This was the first author i ever read, he is a loyal H/G shipper (last i read) and a complete dick. Just look at his rules for reviewing, i mean who the fuck has rules for reviewing.
    I take this as meaning "As long as you love my story, tell me how great my story and/or writing is, and don't complain or make suggestions your reviews are welcome" basically you have to be a fan-girl when reviewing.

6. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

Or it could just mean "Don't be an ass when you review".

7. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Yeah it could, but when you say "No flame" what does that mean, does that mean you just can't attack how shitty he is? if that's the case than i understand completly, however, he says... "if you don't like my story, don't read it...... you will not be making things better for yourself." He ends rule number 1 with a threat basically. The rest of the rules have relevance, but the bottom line isn't very good either, he threatens backlash (which i can tell you includes running to the admins. and telling his Yahoo Group how shitty person A is b/c they flamed his story, than his members will tear you apart).

8. Wisdom's Mountain

Wisdom's Mountain Sixth Year

I thought this story was okay. It's entertaining and well-written, but it seems like the all-poweful Pime will teach Harry everything he knows, leaving us with a super!Harry fic. I love the title.

9. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Is it ironic that his rules make me want to flame him?

But yeah, his story is ok, not Library good, but still something to keep an eye on in the chance his writing style evolves.

His characters seem flat and the way his writing style is seems horribly mangled to me, his discription sucks, and he has not so good grammar. The idea is neat, but nothing new and doesn't make up for the fact that he can't seem to hit anything that makes a ok fic a good fic. So I'm only giving this a...

2.5/5

Edit: Wrong number..

10. mjc

mjc Seventh Year

Actually the no flame rule is to incite the Rosswrock fans to riot...

Quillian and Rosswrock kind of hate each other and have on occasion used such lines as flamebait.

11. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I actually enjoyed this fic. I personally thought that his characters were not that flat.

As for his writing style? I thought it flowed nicely.

As for the idea behind the story? To me it seems new as the OC Pim is different from any of the other mentors Harry has had in other stories. Not to mention I don't recall a story were we got to see where Magic started.

Personally.. I enjoyed this story and give it a 4.5/5

12. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

Meh. It's another fic where Super!Mentor leads to Super!Kid!Harry. We'll see how it turns out I 'spose.

13. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

For that line alone, a star is lost.

Aside from that is was okay. I'll fallow it in the hopes that it will improve in quality, but I don't think it is library worthy.

2/5

14. piratekingavenger

piratekingavenger Backtraced

'Tis RossWrock's bete noire, Quillian is. 'Tis a liberal borrower o' other peoples lovingly-reared plot bunnies.

15. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Honestly I couldn't stand it. Ok we've got some immortal omnipotent being who created pretty much all of magic from scratch. He built the invincible and completely unknown tower with spiffy ways to move around that for some reason *dont* make Harry want to puke. Now he's going to raise poor orphan Harry to be a great wizard and fight. But wait he's not going to fight Voldemort, just this Amu chick who was the immortal omnipotent ex-girlfriend from hell to the first guy. Not to mention that with this all knowing tutor he'll never see Hogwarts or make real friends.

Well done, it completely removes pretty much all traces of canon and puts int two completely overblown and overpowered chatacters in their place.

1/5 At least it wasn't slash, mpreg, or written in 1337. Too bad thats the only praise I can give it.

16. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

From Rob and Cervus's forum.

17. RossWrock

RossWrock Squib

lol..."kind of" is an understatement. At first I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I engaged with Craig, and that proved disastrous. Dude could just not take a hint. He's write me an email, something like "Hey man, I really like this idea you have. Can I use it?" And I was like, "OK." Who hasn't taken inspiration from others in fanfic. After all, there's only so many original ideas in the confines of canon. But then the dud would blatantly rip off whole paragraphs of my story word for word, and then be upset when either I (at first) or my readers would report him. I eventually learned to just ignore him, but had no control over what my fans/readers did. Unlike Craig, I didn't feel their need to police their actions. Eventually once my fic was re-posted (he was the one who got it deleted), he was reported for copyright infringement, and had to create multiple accounts and change his name multiple times. Craig, Kraeg, Quillian...whatever. I stopped caring long ago, and look back now with a laugh. I admit to having a slight fanfic ego, and no doubt Craig attracted some followers of his own due the stories he published. But I can say without a doubt I think he greatly benefited from his very public feud with me. Were I to have ignored him from the beginning, I doubt the outcome would have been the same.

18. Evil Shnitzel

Wow, it's been 15 years. 17 years old Shntizel actually thought this fic was decent XD