1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned All Roads Lead Back by pandiesboxx - NC-17

Discussion in 'Restricted Section' started by Mage Ronin, Jan 3, 2009.

1. neopyro

neopyro Third Year

I'm sure that there is a special place in hell for authors who write a 530,000+ word romance story and quit before the main characters get together.

FUKKEN RAGE!

2. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Are you fucking kidding me ?

3. neopyro

neopyro Third Year

No, I'm not. I just finished the fic this afternoon.

4. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I don't buy that everyone lusts after Hermione, breaks suspension of disbelief.

That's what you get for reading a 530,000+ word HP romance fanfic. I mean shit, you might as well just read Jane Austen. Just don't make a pointless post on DLP about it.

5. Pikachu

Pikachu Banned

The fic is Harry/Hermione, and the basic plot premise is that, during the war, Hermione had been cursed so that she had to fully realize that she was in love with Harry, despite dating Ron at the time. Although she can hide it, it hurts her to keep the secret.

She never admitted it or acted on it, and years later Harry married Ginny in a true magic marriage, meaning that if he ever cheats on her or even has adulterous thoughts, Ginny will suffer (headaches, nausea, etc), and potentially even die.

Rather than deal with Harry and Ginny, Hermione moves to America and lives a muggle life, but by the time the story begins, moves back to Britain and begins to reintegrate herself back into magic Britain and Harry and Ron's lives. In this time, Harry has become an Auror and is partnered with Draco Malfoy, who has reformed since the war, and is now with Luna.

Once Hermione is back, Harry can't stop fantasizing about her to the detriment of his and Ginny's marriage, which was already on the rocks. Ginny begins to feel the negative effects of the magic bond with Harry.

Hermione is entangled in some shady business related to her time in America, which Harry is determined to uncover and protect her from. Ron is with Lavender, and Lavender has a kid via a previous marriage with some old rich dude.

This one of the best Harry Potter fanfics I have ever read. It's Sex and the city, Desperate Housewives, Law and Order all mixed in a Potter verse drama. The writer can really write and breathes life into every character, even minor ones. Draco Malfoy is so well done. This is the best characterisation I have ever read of him. Only negative I can think of is too much Hermione worship and the everyone lusts after her bit but a minor one. I can't believe this was written in 2005. The writing quality, the characterisation is ridiculously high. The author use of flashbacks with present to narrate is so good. 5/5.