1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else II: Not As Good As The Original

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MonkeyEpoxy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Finishing up a playthrough of Tokyo Xanadu eX+ after picking it up a while back during a Steam sale. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Hits similarly enough to Persona.

2. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

3. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

I was always going to be getting this day 1, but I am *absolutely* going to be getting this day 1.

4. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Fairly weak showcase from Sony in terms of first party. I wonder if there's something going on in the background as they skipped a showcase last year because they didn't have anything to show either.

Some exciting games were shown however and Spider-Man looks dope.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Spooderman and FF16 were the showcase highlights.

Intrigued by Dragon's Dogma 2... but I dunno. The trailer didn't do much for me beyond tickle some light nostalgia. Graphics and slow combat looking a bit dated.

New PS portable is exciting as well.... but if those handles don't detach like a switch that thing is going to break so easily.

6. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

If this is the device I'm thinking of, it's not really portable. It's gotta stream from your console, meaning it's gotta be on the same wifi network. Meaning it's like the WiiU tablet in that it mostly just exists so that you can game while someone else is using the TV.

7. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Not a fan of how the symbiote looks on Peter. Too much like a suit, attacks / gameplay aside. And it looks weird, like the textures haven't loaded fully yet.

8. James

James Unspeakable

Last edited: May 30, 2023
  9. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Seems like Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is still a thing:

https://twitter.com/VtM_Bloodlines/status/1666403803090886658

An announcement for an announcement in September - that's when they reveal who's actually working on the game, but I don't think we'll see anything before 2024. The twitter account has deleted all older posts and they posted five new screenshots from a post-alpha version of the game, seems like they completely tossed away what Hardsuit Labs did:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

I genuinely don't see this game being any good.

Waaay to many redflags

11. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I'm morbidly curious about the end result. World of Darkness just seems like a cursed IP when it comes to video games.

12. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Anyone playing Street Fighter 6? I know Sree is playing.

I've had a lot of free time since getting laid off from work and my parents have been incredibly understanding so I've had the opportunity to play 15hrs per day since the game came out. I have never been more in love with a fighting game or game period.

Plat JP/Gold Guile Shooting For Masters with both my mains

13. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

New gameplay footage of Armored Core 6 without commentary:

14. Shinysavage

High Score:
    Finally finished my (first?) run of Baldurs Gate 3. Absolutely loved it, although not without the odd frustration. I can easily see it being my GOTY, although Spidey 2 might knock it into second place. Already thinking about other playthroughs. I'm sure most people who were even vaguely interested have already played it, but if you're on the fence, go for it.

15. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I love that BG3 released early to avoid competing with starfield, only to completely show itself to be a superior game. This isn’t a knock on starfield which is fun, but BG3 def stole starfields thunder.

16. Quick Ben

did you take the White Illithid from the emperor?

Lol, I'm pretty much stuck there. Not sure what to do

17. Shinysavage

High Score:
    If you mean the special tadpole he gives you in act 3, I left it in my inventory. Didn't use any tadpoles on this playthrough, although I probably will on others

18. Quick Ben

Yeah, I'm talking about when you have to save the emperor from the githyanki
    failed the check so it automatically bonded with me.

My guy doesn't look good. But from a bit of research I would be giving up some pretty cool abilities.

19. Shinysavage

High Score:
    This obviously spoils aspects of the Endgame to some degree, but fwiw,
    as far as I can tell the visual change is the only downside to using the tadpole, although I understand it's a substantial one. There's no mechanical or character difference to using it other than the expanded power set, from what I've read.

20. Shinysavage

High Score:
    Finished Spidey 2, and overall I think it's great, but not quite as good as the first game - that's more about how highly I rate the first game than a knock on the second though. But 2 ramps up the action and spectacle at the expense of some of the emotional heft that 1 had, with the final third or so of the story throwing a lot into the mix in - canonically, without allowing time for doing side missions or random crimes - quite a short amount of time. It also perhaps doesn't help that some of it's apparently drawn quite heavily from storylines I'm not familiar with, so some of the later 'holy shit' moments were mixed with 'wait, what?' for me, but obviously YMMV on that. Also, my criticisms, such as they are, are about the last third of the game; the early stages are much more effective, and do an excellent job of selling how terrifying
    the symbiote is
    - and a great job of making Kraven an effective villain; I'm only really familiar with his Ultimate version, who is definitely played for laughs.

Gameplay wise, it's mostly more of the same, which I'm perfectly OK with. A few refinements to some of the stealth elements, and fewer moments where you have to take charge of someone without powers/in a situation where they can't use their powers for reasons - and when you do play someone without powers, it's generally better (there's one section in the late game that's a bit ridiculous if you think about it, but eh).

I'm already excited for the next instalment, with the hooks of
    Norman going goblin mode, and the return of Otto
    ...but hopefully it'll have some better outfits. A lot of the ones in 2, especially for Miles, are Not Good.