1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Sales & Gifts Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Testament

Testament Seventh Year

Steam weekend deal: Mount and Blade complete pack.

80% off 1 and 2, and 10% off the pre-order price for the new one - With Fire & Sword. 20 bucks all up.

2. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

JoWood Memorial Sale Now On at Good Old Games

JoWood is going bankrupt. Their catalogue of games at GOG are on sale for a few dollars each - cheaper than I've seen any sale at GOG before. I don't know what's going to happen to the game distro rights when JoWood closes its doors, but this might be the last chance that you have to buy them.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/jowood_week_special

3. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

25% off of Dragon Age II and 50% off of Origins, Awakening + Ultimate Edition. This two weeks after I buy the Ultimate edition..... Also, EA deals all week.

4. yak

An urgent post to any Aussies who want to get Witcher 2 at the regular price. It's going to rocket up an extra $20 in about 10 hours "due to licensing agreements". If you're not from Australia, you're alright; Australia is the only country in the world getting the jacked price.

Take advantage of the pre-order sale and whip out your credit card today to get the special $44.99 USD price at GOG.com. The game is no longer available for Aussies on Steam, so don't bother looking there.

One other word of warning: the Aussie version is slightly censored. There's one side-quest where Geralt automatically refuses sex after completion. Other than that, the game is intact. Hopefully it'll be a trivial matter to re-enable Geralt's decision. The GOG version of Witcher 2 is completely DRM free, so it shouldn't be too tricky to copy over the correct files from an International version.

edit: More info on price change and the specific censorship here: http://games.on.net/article/12418/GOG_The_Witcher_2_to_Experience_Price_Adjustment_for_Australia

edit 2: You don't actually need the credit card to pre-order. I did it myself a minute ago while logged into my GOG account and got an email which said:

Obviously you're going to need your credit card to pay for the pre-order at release. It sounds like they're going to remember the lower price I pre-ordered at when it comes time to pay up.

edit 3: Witcher 2 re-appeared on the Australian Steam Store today for... US$74.99 full price, and US$67.49 as the pre-order discount price. Yeah...

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  5. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fucking Australia.

6. Beonid

Beonid Seventh Year DLP Supporter

This.

New Zealand is getting the censored version as well, because CD Projekt couldn't be bothered submitting the uncensored version to the OFLC.

Here's hoping there's a day 1 patch for the censored retail version.

7. yak

There goes my idea to change my GOG.com profile location to New Zealand. I'll change it again to UK or something. We don't know how GOG.com is going to decide which version of the game to send which people [eg. Steam bases it on credit card country of origin, so German CC will get you the German version], but there's a small chance that GOG.com's system will be as simple as changing the account profile's nationality.

I'm sorry to hear that NZ is getting shafted over this. You guys catch a lot of our bad game rating decisions and you don't even have a chance to vote against it. It looks like we'll have an R18 rating soonish though, fingers crossed.

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  8. ketz3r

ketz3r Second Year

Crysis + Crysis Warhead ~ 6,23 €

9. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Australian prices, do note...

Dead Space $3.75
    Dead Space 2: $42

Got the first, naturally.

Disappointed I missed out on the NFS day. I'll have to wait until the December sales for one of those. I haven't played one seriously since Hot Pursuit 2, and then High Stakes (one of my favourite games from my childhood). One of my friends has also taken great pains to describe to me the awesome of SimCity 4 and exactly why I'm an idiot for not spending $5 on it.

All in all, pretty decent week among me and my friends. So glad I finally got myself a card. Now, to wonder what's for sale on the last day.

10. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Practically everything Hearts Of Iron related is 70% off. Hearts Of Iron 2 Complete is $4.49, HoI3 is $5.99, and the DLC ranges from less than a dollar to about $5, so I'm going to go on a bit of a spree.

11. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  12. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Better:

[​IMG]

13. TSN

TSN Auror

taure, it work so well with your signature... lawl.

14. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Taure is right. I've bough so many(for me) games on steam this year alone and I only finished one(borderlands). I had even forgotten I had bought BioShock 2 on the sale a bit back which reminds me I have to go back to my parents house and dig up my bioshock 1 dvd to start the series.

Fucking sales make people(me) insane. So many friends buying stuff that you just can't stop from buying just that one more game.

/rant

Btw: Glad I missed the 33% on rift. I don't want to fail college(which I will if I start a mmo:D)

15. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

Yeeeeesh.
    75% off the entire prince of persia collection, or 66% off the individuals.
    Hello Sands of time, I've missed you. And i'll miss the $5 quizno's sandwhich i'm sacrificing far less.

16. azrael

azrael Professor

Yeah, I picked up Sands of Time and Warrior Within- even if it turns out that I don't like the computer versions of PoP, I still spent less than $7. And the sale is going to cover a different Ubisoft game every day this week. And all of Ubisoft's games get a discount for the entire week, though it's only 33% as opposed to the 66-75% off for the daily deals.

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  17. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

What Ubisoft games are actually worth getting besides Sands of Time? Been looking at Heroes of Might and Magic V. Played III once as a kid and thought it was good. Don't know how the modern versions fare.

I never got through Warrior Within, though I bought Two Thrones just in case I do. The change in style killed Warrior Within for me at the time, having gone straight into it after Sands of Time.

18. azrael

azrael Professor

Well, Ubisoft games on sale include the first two Assassin's Creed games, a ton of Tom Clancy games, Brothers in Arms, Heroes of Might and Magic (which I haven't played,don't know if these are any good), and a whole slew of other games that I can't categorize so easily (and probably aren't worth getting).

And I hope the change in style doesn't kill Warrior Within for me-it's the only PoP game that I never played on console, which is why I bothered to pick it up.

19. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Warrior was fairly epic. Two Thrones was ... Not as awesome as the first two, but still awesome. The newest one... Forgotten Sands or whatever, is tripe. >_>

20. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7930/

Anyone bought this yet? I kinda feel sorry for those who bought Portal 2. For double the price they could have gotten 23 more games... but anyways, I am just curious if anyone else tried it out, I will probably buy it once I got enough cash on me.