1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Games you wish existed

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

P4:G but in the Harry Potter world does sound pretty kickass, I have to admit.

2. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
  3. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

A sequel to morrowind would be nice.

4. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

If I was to see/play a Star Wars Game, what about the birth of the Jedi/Sith as a setting if they came in at relatively the same time?

Otherwise in addition to Modern Day AC, one featuring the Those Who Came Before Civilisation, which could be possible with

Desmond's Son being a Seer

Otherwise, Remastered Mass Effect Trilogy. Something Bioware isn't interested in doing so far.

5. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

6. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

Are you serious? Just open wookiepedia and immerse yourself. Then cry because all that EU is useless thanks to Disney.

Now that's a a good idea, an uniform game with the same graphics, mechanics and some more awesome DLC would be awesome, tho I have hope that Andromeda will be awesome.

7. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    1. Pretty sure it's up to EA whether or not that sort of thing would happen (hint - Electronic Arts have not made any Remasters so far)
    2. Would you want to spend years of time and millions of dollars re-do-ing three games from the ground up? I certainly wouldn't.

8. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They've gone on record saying they're not interested in remasters.

9. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    That's is beyond stupid... Mass Effect games never were good games for game mechanics point of view, so remaking for better graphics and mechanics are no problems the story would stay the same...

I would literally kill a hobo with a paper napkin to play a remastered ME trilogy.

10. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Don't those remasters just have more polished graphics and some other changes to put them on modern systems? Completely changing the gameplay seems outside the scope.

I'd settle for some kind of "Complete Edition" where all the DLC is actually included. Someone I know bought the "Mass Effect Trilogy" and I was really annoyed to learn that wasn't already the case.

11. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Don't quote me, but I think Peter Moore said they'd never do it. The justification being they don't want to dedicate resources on old games when they can make new games.

If you read into that sentiment, that probably doesn't exclude outsourcing it.

12. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Probably because EA is mostly full of lazy assholes since 2005, and quit listening to their user base since 2005, hence why I've never put another cent into EA since 2005. EA has turned to shit, and will continue to become shittier. They've already been named the worst company, and the most evil company.

13. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You should play DA:I. It dissolved a good portion of my saltiness toward EA.

14. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    I waited so much for DA:I and it was so boring and simply bland that it made me hate it...

15. Estarc

Estarc Third Year

An RPG based on the Pathfinder roleplaying system. You'd create a single character and recruit companions, because I find making a party overwhelming. It would focus on story over dungeon crawling, though of course that be there too. Reactivity based on gender, race and class would all be key elements. The grizzled male half-orc fight and the flighty female half-elf bard would experience the world in radically different ways beyond what armour they wear.

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There are a couple of strategy games I've played where the AI is pretty damn intelligent.

AI War: Fleet Command is the best of the bunch, though it's hard to determine where the AI starts and the asymmetric gameplay begins. You play as some human rebels within a sector controlled by two monolithic AI. You do the usual 4X thing of exploring and conquering, but as you conquer more systems and destroy important buildings the AI's 'Threat Rating' goes up and up, at which point it starts throwing more and tougher enemies at you in increasingly smarter ways.

Your goal, in that case is not to set out and conquer every system, but to destroy what you need to, settle important places, and try to minimise the Threat the AI builds up so that they don't simply overwhelm before you can reach both homeworlds.

Galactic Civilisations III is another strategy game where you struggle to keep up with the AI. It's not as sophisticated as AI War, but the number of races and their differing approaches to the same problems adds a decent level of complexity to the game.

17. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

Yeah, I love GalCiv. :)

I'm waiting for Paradox's Stellaris nowadays, it looks promising as far as 4X Space games go.

18. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I've played Galactic Civ 2 for a while. Fun game. Did not know they created #3 until I read your post. I'll have to look into it.

19. marlow

marlow Squib

High Score:
    A top down MMO war game where different game types are integrated into one overarching game.

So playing as a general you would be playing a grand strategy sim, you would issue large scale movements and commands to lower ranking officers who would engage the enemy on perhaps a RTS map, down to the rank and file who are playing an FPS (hopefully more ARMA/BF2 Project Reality than CoD).

Hell, you could even have people managing production playing city builders etc.

It wouldn't even need to be one game, you could just try to integrate multiple games, like use HOI as the basis for the strategic decisions, some RTS (Wargame Red Dragon?) for the tactical maps/decisions, and an FPS for the grunts.

20. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    There's a small version of this in Natural Selection 2, though it has a steep learning curve and isn't super popular AFAIK.