Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > FanFiction Extras > Other Fandoms > Fanfic Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Dullahan
Second Year

A Tribute to Forgotten Stories

A thread to share and discuss great stories that have been lost in the massive pile of shit that fanfiction has been produced. Harry Potter is well covered (this is a Harry board after all), but a number of great fics seem to have never made it here.

Hopefully I have not put this in the wrong place (or overstepped any boundaries by making a thread about fics that have not been placed in "For Review")

Dire Fates, a crossover between Oh My Goddess and Hellblazer, is a great example. Written in 2001, this gem had me grinning the whole way through. Well written, paced, and edited, works like this deserve recognition. It starts with a quick summery of both series, so no prior knowledge of either is necessary.

Gaijin is another such work, although it is actually still going (ten years after publication). As a Sailor Moon fic with a self-insert protagonist, it sounds terrible, right? Well, it manages to be absolutely hysterical, even if you have little knowledge of Sailor Moon in general.

I'm sure fics of this quality exist, even if they are in strange categories. So, let us share our finds!
Dullahan is offline   Reply With Quote