Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > Gaming and PC Discussion > Little Italy
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 06-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #221
Zennith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
I think this point still stands, so Imma agree with Zeit and Deadline Lynch Vote: Kalas.
I could get behind this too. All of Kalas, Eido and Kai are in some way suspicious to me.

Of course, I can't vote. So it doesn't really matter.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:31 AM   #222
klackerz
Death Eater

Hey Lungs, Didn't you get my pm from some two days before?

Anyway I will not be able to play. Some issues came up and my internet access is very seriously limited for the next week, possibly more.

So yeah,please replace me with someone and I am sorry for the trouble.

/
klackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #223
Ash
Dark Lady
of Starfall

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via MSN to Ash
In light of recent events, namely Eidolonic claiming MattSilver, I'm going to have to go with believing him until someone counterclaims. No one is dead, so he has to be trueclaiming.

Kalas and KaiDASH (and yes, Vira, to an extent) were being somewhat belligerent and as Eido said, beating a dead whore.

I have been suspicious of Kalas from day 1, and he is the best lead we have, IMO.

This is why I will

Deadline lynch vote: Kalas

As for Zennith, I believe the role reveal info could be helpful, but I honestly have no idea why both Aekiel and the Irene chose Zennith of all people. Aekiel, mind enlightening us?

Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:47 AM   #224
Zircon

I guess I can Deadline Lynch Vote: Kalas since AngelDick is just sitting there with no votes and Kalas is fine enough to kill.

Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:48 AM   #225
Kalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Kalas, I don't like your posts, not even one. All this focus on Eidolonic has shifted some of D1's suspicion away from you, but KaiDASH was onto something when he cast the first vote for you today. You need to clean up your act, or else you're going to go down like a pinata on a toddler's birthday party. =/

For that reason, Deadline Lynch Vote: Kalas.
That's nice. But just to follow this logic chain -> Eido or Kai is scum -> I don't like Eido and Kai's trying to get me lynched -> Kalas is scum.

What was I thinking voting for Aekiel when I could have had this keen mind as Mayor?
Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
Surely an intelligent person wouldn't play so suspiciously if he was mafia?
You've obviously not played much mafia here, have you?
Kalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #226
Menace
Victim of PTWCD

I don't think Zeit said anywhere that Eido and Kai were scum. Not in the bit you quoted, at least. He was referring to the distraction they caused.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #227
Sacrosanct
Death Eater

Send a message via Skype™ to Sacrosanct
Alright I think its weird that Zennith is in the asylum but he hasn't really been giving off a scummy vibe for me so ill go for the middle ground and...

Asylume Incarcerate: Zennith

---------- Post automerged at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Wow spelling mistake like woah
Drifting in the foam

Little soldier boy,
Come marching home

Brave soldier boy,
Comes marching home
Sacrosanct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #228
Kalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
On Eidolonic, I don't trust him. His defense of me during Day 1 perturbed me a little, and his erratic but aggressive posting style made me wary enough not to give him the Mayorship. Right now, I say either he's a scum or KaiDASH is. But until we have a counterclaim, I don't really see a point in lynching him now. Kalas and Zennith are higher on my scum list.
For the reading-impaired.
Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
Surely an intelligent person wouldn't play so suspiciously if he was mafia?
You've obviously not played much mafia here, have you?
Kalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #229
Zircon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrosanct View Post
Alright I think its weird that Zennith is in the asylum but he hasn't really been giving off a scummy vibe for me so ill go for the middle ground and...

---------- Post automerged at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Wow spelling mistake like woah
uh wat? Silly me not remembering the rules here buuuuut I thought we can only kill or free?

Asylum Kill: Zennith

Old 06-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #230
Aekiel
Master of Merrill
People Die when they are Killed

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
- the Incarceration vote.
This is a majority vote during the day.
This is weighed against Free Votes and Kill Votes.
Results in the continued Incarceration of the player voted on. The next day, the player will be freed.
You may not have Deadline Votes.
You may not Rescind your votes.
We can keep him locked up for another day, but I'm more in favour of killing him to get his role info. This way we can get an idea on who else is associated with him by his role.

As for Eido, I'm in favour of the Uncle taking away his oneshot ability. If he is the MattSilver the only thing he'd really be losing is one more extra life (and only to a lynch, too). Hell, he'd even be protecting the Lutris by getting rid of the Lutris goes to Prison clause in his oneshots.

In contrast if he's the Jwlk he loses a pretty potent weapon for the late game, opening up the Mayor/Irene Asylum uses for other people.

Which pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Mother Winter, right there.
Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle, but put me in summer and I'll be a... Happy Snowman!
Aekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #231
Sacrosanct
Death Eater

Send a message via Skype™ to Sacrosanct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungs View Post

3. In addition to the Mayor Vote and Lynch Votes, there will also be an Asylum Vote. There are three possible votes

- the Kill Vote
  • This is a majority vote during the day.
  • This is weighed against Free Votes and Incarceration Votes.
  • Results in the death of the player voted on.
  • The player voted on will be Role Revealed on Death.
  • You may not have Deadline Votes.
  • You may not Rescind your votes.
  • Counts towards mislynch counters of various players.
- the Free Vote
  • This is weighed against Kill Votes and Incarceration Votes.
  • Results in the freedom of the player voted on.
- the Incarceration vote.
  • This is weighed against Free Votes and Kill Votes.
  • Results in the continued Incarceration of the player voted on. The next day, the player will be freed.
The proper format of the votes are Asylum Kill: Player, Asylum Free: Player, Asylum Incarcerate: Player.
Boom. Protip: when playing a game, knowing how to play is a good idea.

---------- Post automerged at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Damn ninjaed XD
Drifting in the foam

Little soldier boy,
Come marching home

Brave soldier boy,
Comes marching home
Sacrosanct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #232
Zircon

Quote:
Boom. Protip: when playing a game, knowing how to play is a good idea.
Protip: make sure your sweet ass doesn't get ninja'd when you try to school people.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:28 AM   #233
Aekiel
Master of Merrill

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Ollie, you're being creepy again. Could you stop being creepy? Just for this game?

Which pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Mother Winter, right there.
Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle, but put me in summer and I'll be a... Happy Snowman!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:53 AM   #234
Definitely Not Azira
Death Eater

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I don't really see why any of you are still gunning for Eido as long as there isn't a counter claim. there is no scenario where the mattsilver/lutris don't counter him right now so hes mattfirmed for me.

Which makes Kalad and Kai all the more suss. Kai much less than Kalas though sooo
Deadline Lynch Vote: Kalas

I also dont really see killing Zennith at this point... just gives the jwlk more info with no tangible benefit for us.
Definitely Not Azira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #235
Aekiel
Master of Merrill

DLP Supporter Donor Star
The Lutris/MattSilver could not want to reveal their roles. After all, if they do that then in the mid-game when the Jwlk has (probably) used his first modkill, they become easy targets for the Jwlk to take advantage of. He'd have a 50/50 chance of getting it right, and as long as he has at least one life he'd simply be able to take the other option the next day. That's two kills in one as well.

Still, I'm just covering the bases here. If the Uncle takes away Eido's oneshot abilities and he's actually the Matt, then the Lutris is protected from being 'killed' by the double death thing. Eido would lose his extra life, sure, but as is he's prime bait for a Modkill, and I much prefer Eido dying to the witches than giving the Jwlk an easy extra life in the midgame.

And in the scenario where Eido is the Jwlk, the Uncle takes away a very powerful late game ability. Eido calling out for the Lutris/Matt could easily be his way of trying to secure an easy modkill for himself, provided he guesses right on who would counterclaim him.

All in all, I see the net benefit of saving the Lutris and preventing a possible Jwlk from keeping a powerful ability as worth the cost of the Matt's extra life.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #236
Bill Door
Dark Lord

There are still a few people who haven't posted today, so there is still a chance of a counterclaim, but for now I'm tempted to put Eido down as town. I'm happy with killing Zennith, I'm not convinced he's scum but at this point it's the best course of action. So you can have a fake asylum kill vote: Zennith. Although why did you not discuss who the mayor was going to put in the asylum yesterday? We need to do that today to avoid them hitting the same person as The Irene again.

I really don't like Kalas, mostly based on his day 1 aggression against Kai and Eido. It seemed like he really didn't want those two to have the extra life, and since they're the best town players that seems a bit of in my book. So I'm happy with a Deadline Lynch Vote: Kalas

I'm a leaf on the wind,

Watch how I soar.

Bill Door is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #237
Uncle Stojil
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalas View Post
Funny story, your suspicions of me are basically meta based (unless you've actually got something to quote). You feel my game is off and well it is. Cause, unlike our last 3 games, I'm not scum. In fact this is my first town game in almost 6 months.
Is this really your defense? Your day 1 was filled with questionable ideas and scummy attitude. Meta is not why there's a lynchwagon on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelRick View Post
Hmmm when the third party kills Eido, we'll know for sure. Until then, I think a healthy suspicion is good. This *could* be a way to lure out the real MattSilver, but I think Eido is smarter than to try something as simple as that.

But let's not focus on the third party, let's scum hunt. What do you all think about Zennith, I think both Irene and the Mayor imprisoned him, that means both have a suspicion about him. Lurking obviously is bad and scummy, and tbh, I haven't seen much from him at all. Unless I see more, I think it'll be worthwhile for us to kill him.
By targeting Eido, I think scum are trying to make this an inactive festivity. I don't want to see that happen. I made that mistake last game, and I don't want to make it again.

Deadline Lynch Vote: AngelRick

I'm okay with Kalas as well, and I think the Irene should incarcerate whoever isn't lynched of the two.

AR somewhat clears Eido, too, but if the real MattSilver is out there (doubtful, I don't think Eido's is a fakeclaim), he should definitely counterclaim since there's no reason not to do it (you won't die to a modkill and the Hermonies aren't going to waste a kill on your extra-lives). The Palindrome self-targeting is practically impossible too, considering the Hermonies also used the Bullet Punch for it. In light of all this, Kai's first plan looks awfully scummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalas View Post
Speaking of which, OTP claiming. This still a thing?
Pros of OTP claiming = higher chance of them being town.
Cons of OTP claiming = they don't have lynch and night-kill protection unlike WH, they're not 100% town unlike WH, there's a third faction that wouldn't normally know who they are and would like to see them dead (the jwlk could put them higher on his list of modkills, the Eidolonic could use his acquired power gained from the first dead townie against them).

It's not worth it, IMO.

Quote:

This doesn't scream 'SCUMBUDDY!!!' at all.

fakeAsylum Kill: Zennith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Door View Post
Although why did you not discuss who the mayor was going to put in the asylum yesterday? We need to do that today to avoid them hitting the same person as The Irene again.
Only the Irene will incarcerate tonight, but yeah, we should definitely discuss that on the odd days.
Uncle Stojil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #238
Zennith

Quote:
This doesn't scream 'SCUMBUDDY!!!' at all.

fakeAsylum Kill: Zennith
Because, ya know, somebody having a different opinion on how to go forward that actually takes some reasoning and caution is DEFINITELY ALWAYS a scumtell.

In fact, in the games I've played I've found that the people who most quickly call out partner pairs as scum based off of simple shared sentiment tend to be scum quite often themselves.

As such, I think you're probably scum.

And considering that I already was leery of you to begin with, I'm pretty positive now.

---------- Post automerged at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Also, Lungs, answer questions in QT please. It would be helpful.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #239
Uncle Stojil
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennith View Post
Because, ya know, somebody having a different opinion on how to go forward that actually takes some reasoning and caution is DEFINITELY ALWAYS a scumtell.

In fact, in the games I've played I've found that the people who most quickly call out partner pairs as scum based off of simple shared sentiment tend to be scum quite often themselves.

As such, I think you're probably scum.

And considering that I already was leery of you to begin with, I'm pretty positive now.
I'm not sure you read the exchange correctly.

Reasoning? Where? She said she didn't think you were scummy and then voted for you to remain in the Asylum. Why not freeing you, then? That reeks of scum defending you only half-way because she was too afraid of being linked to you.

Shared sentiment? What? Do you share her sentiment of keeping yourself in the Asylum?
Uncle Stojil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #240
Zennith

You would keep someone in the Asylum if you aren't sure. As in, what's the harm? There's plenty of info to be gained by seeing what happens - since whoever is incarcerated can't use their abilities. There's a narrowing that can happen there - and its just about playing safely and smartly instead of getting lynch/kill happy right off the bat. The percentages aren't in the towns favor if we play that way.

---------- Post automerged at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Stojil View Post

Shared sentiment? What? Do you share her sentiment of keeping yourself in the Asylum?

Yeah, sure. Keep me in the Asylum another night. That's fine by me.