Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Other Fandoms > Original Fiction
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 01-07-2017, 08:08 PM   #121
Nazgus
Auror

The Dead King was not what I expected either. And I'm glad to have an answer on why Akua was being tolerated to such an extent, was a bit worried it would be Malicia undermining Black. Glad to be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
"Be my friend, motherfucker!" Naruto howled, slamming the rasengan into Gaara's face.
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."

-Stephen King
Nazgus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:18 PM   #122
Lamora
Definitely Not Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
At this point it's a toss-up if Wandering Bard or Assassin is the most terrifying character in this story. That whole Bard segment was quite something.
Inb4 Killian is Assassin and Catherine has been railing one of the Calamities this entire time.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:57 PM   #123
DvorakQ
Seventh Year

DLP Supporter Donor Star
There was an interlude where scribe clearly stated assassin as a male.
DvorakQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:47 PM   #124
DrSarcasm
Auror

I doubt that she's him myself, but I would think the Assassin would come with bullshit Named disguise powers. Thief did manage to keep a small fleet in her pockets.
DrSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:19 PM   #125
Lamora
Definitely Not Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSarcasm View Post
I doubt that she's him myself, but I would think the Assassin would come with bullshit Named disguise powers. Thief did manage to keep a small fleet in her pockets.
I'm guessing it's some sort of universal Thief aspect where they get a pseudo bag of holding. Hell, the aspect is even probably called Hold.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:47 AM   #126
Ferdiad
Auror

This updated today with 2 new chapters, a POV one of Malicia and one from the perspective of the Bellerophon Diplomat.
Ferdiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 4 thumbs up
Old 02-10-2017, 11:41 AM   #127
Laxus
Squib

Quite excited for this next book. I suspect the author was intentional in releasing two chapters focused on these two different types of "Evil" rulers. Maybe this is meant to set the tone for what will come -- Tyrant of Helike as the traditional Evil versus Alaya & her new Praes.

And of course we have Heiress busy plotting in the background... heck, Catherine also has her own agenda that will likely lead to tension with Alaya. Looks like this book is going to live up to the story's title. Four different takes on Villainy.
Laxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:23 AM   #128
Lion
Order Member

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Apprentice continues to be a fucking boss. He stole the interlude away with only a few paragraphs of screen time. Killian and Nauk were interesting to see in command without Squire there to overshadow them. Nauk had some pretty good lines and it was nice getting in the headspace of an Orc. Kinda underwhelmed on the first group of Fae though, I thought they'd put up a better fight. I like how it's explained and I'm looking forward to seeing them in the future.
<Lion>I know right
<dhulli>exactly
<Zennith>Serious douche
<JBlaise>wtf you faggots
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 03-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #129
Spacegnom
First Year

If anyone here following the story missed it, the author posted the following in the comments:
Quote:
Extra chapter will be out tomorrow. Well, today depending on where you live. I was out of the country for a week so it’s been delayed a bit.
For the curious, it’s titled “Crowned” and it’s from the POV of Cordelia Hasenbach, the First Prince of Procer.
Spacegnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:11 PM   #130
disposablehead
Seventh Year

The new heroes are fun. Champion is possibly my favorite character now, and the White Knight as divinely guided Two-Face is a pretty cool concept. The coin is a perfect Chekhov's gun.

That said; so many interludes. I'm ready for the plot to pick up some steam, because everything but the main plot keeps progressing.
disposablehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #131
Laxus
Squib

I'm really loving the latest extra chapter on Cordelia, the First Prince. Out of all the Heroes we've met, she seems the closest in motivation and character to Catherine. If or when they do meet, I can see Catherine being sympathetic to her position.

If we're still entertaining theories about Catherine challenging Malicia some day, perhaps Cordelia could end up becoming an ally.
Laxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #132
Thaumologist
Minister for Magic

Absolutely love this.

There's quite a lot of typos early on, diminishing in later chapters, and it's quite a shame, because the rest of the work is really good. Like said earlier, it can feel as if the author's skipping over segments to get to the meat of the story, but I find myself entertained enough that I don't mind.

Loads of good ideas come together to make this interesting. Names shaping who you are, but also being just generally better is interesting (and also seems quite similar to Exalted, especially the sort of limited number), and I'm looking forward to seeing more Namelore in future updates. The difference between Good and Evil is not unique, but having Evil people not try and explain their Evilness sort of is. Also, I want to see more of the Gnomes.

Having read through the whole thing in a few days, a slightly subtle thing that caught my eye was Cat's oaths. Initially, she swears by the Gods, I think to "the gods above" or something, which changes to "the gods", and then finally to "the gods below, everburning". Same with her drinking - initially she looks down on Black for his daydrinking, and the amount. Later she has her own wine frequently, and then she always has a drink in social situations. She's becoming much more Praesi-ish.

5/5

Tags
action, adventure, author: erraticerrata, fantasy, original fantasy, original fiction