Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > The Alternates
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 08-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #21
harrypotter
Backtraced

This story was very good, though it's been a long time since the author updated. I wonder what the pairing will be, I have my fingers crossed for Harry/Fleur.

(Correction) It was updated a few days ago, I have no idea why I never got an Email notification about it. Sorry everyone, my bad! won't happen again.... I hope.

Last edited by harrypotter; 08-17-2009 at 08:38 PM.
harrypotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #22
Nukular Winter
The Chosen One

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Pretty sure it was updated, like, yesterday.

The first rule is: You don't talk about Alpha Fight Club.
The second rule is: Never assume it's a fart.
Nukular Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #23
Taure
Order Member
Magical Cores Are Real

DLP Supporter Donor Star
High Score: 13,152
Quote:
This story was very good, though it's been a long time since the author updated. I wonder what the pairing will be, I have my fingers crossed for Harry/Fleur.
It updated yesterday, and before that about 4 days prior, and before that it was published on the 5th (chapter 1 and 2 were uploaded on the same day).

The fic as a whole is 12 days old and has 4 chapters.

You are a moron. You're also pretty retarded for the Harry/Fleur comment. Fleur hasn't been mentioned at all in the story. What could possibly make you think it's Harry/Fleur?

HPATTGH: 1/35 Complete

Last edited by Taure; 08-17-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Taure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #24
Hashasheen
Totally Sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotter View Post
Five bucks say this is royalduke under another name. We'll find out when he starts the fuck out of the .

*waits for rage by Vash*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portus View Post
Mind giving a description of your gran, in particular without her bifocals and dentures?

This may sound odd, but goddamn, does she sound familiar.
Hashasheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:21 AM   #25
RustyRed
High Inquisitor

Eh, new chapter not as great in my opinion... Fudge taking Harry to Azkaban just for a photo-op? Seems pretty flimsy to me, especially given the reaction Mrs. Fudge has to it... like, isn't the minister supposed to be kind of politically savvy? I just didn't really buy it. I kind of hope the whole situation was a cover up for something else--I mean, why did Fudge just appear in the middle of the field all of a sudden? And what were they doing going to Azkaban in the first place? Crossing my fingers here...

Ectomancer: FFNET WBA <--(Linked to beginning of revised version)

The Honey Badger's Credo - New Sketchbook at Conceptart.org

RustyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #26
Trulle
Second Year

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Intrigued, at the moment.
4/5, eager for more.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #27
Korisovra
Headmaster

Send a message via AIM to Korisovra Send a message via MSN to Korisovra Send a message via Yahoo to Korisovra
It was decent enough. A little boring and cliche here and there be very readable 3.5/5

"I don't like poodles," muttered Batman, looking rather like a child being scolded.

Korisovra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #28
Amerision
Heir
Galactic Sheep Emperor

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I enjoyed it. Barely.

The author seems to subscribe to the "I'll show everything with dialogue." school of thought. There are more " marks than descriptions.

I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I dream of love as time runs through my hand
I dream of fire
Those dreams are tied to a horse that will never tire
And in the flames
Her shadows play in the shape of a man's desire

Amerision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #29
Verse of Darkness
Auror

Atleas the author didn't try to make Harry and Draco all buddy buddy...

And now Sirius Black is on the loose.

I'll give it a 3/5, just because we are in the beginning of the story.
Verse of Darkness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #30
Sesc
Slytherin at Heart

Oh, I like this.

Original, well-written, appealing to personal likings. This hits all the right spots. I love the premise (Harry growing up in a pureblood-home I can read anytime), even better that it's done in a way that actually makes sense, plus there's the People's Wand, which makes for an interesting plot.

NW commented on the OC's, but given the job the author has done with Nicole Fudge, I'm actually looking forward to any more OC's that might come. She's by far my favourite character here at the moment. I'm eager to get to know more about her, she had this interesting slip of the tongue, when she told Harry about the killings of the Death Eaters -- and said she had "seen" them do it many times.

Was she somehow involved? Is that what she means in the last chapter, when she says, "he forgets what I can do, what I have done. They all have."?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRed View Post
Ah! I'm excited.
^

One thing I'm not quite certain of -- Draco said they would be the first to go to Hogwarts without the "Mudbloods": does that mean Fudge got an legislation through in that regard, and that there will be NO HERMIONE?

I'd love the author forever. Or, with Sam Cooke, "What a wonderful woooorld this would beeeee ..."
She shuddered, even as we were descending, but when we dismounted, there was no sadness, no grief. Her ice blue eyes burned in boundless fury, a look so piercing it went clean through me. It was simultaneously the most beautiful and most terrifying thing I had ever seen on her face.

“Someone is going to pay.”

Kairos

I heard that you like the bad girls, honey,
Is that true?

Last edited by Sesc; 09-03-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Sesc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #31
Hugo
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
An interesting start to what could be an interesting story - a real political!Harry for once (and hopefully one who knows how to get down and dirty).

There are a million stories in which Harry meets the Malfoys and develops some sort of relationship with them, but I'm still waiting on one in which Lucius decides that Voldemort was a bad thing for him and his family and actually supports Harry against the Dark Lord before he comes back.

A Lucius who is actually on Harry's side (for his own gain, of course) would be a refreshing read for me. Let's see if this author goes for it.
A fic like that already happened. I don't know if it was posted on fanfiction though. I think it was on patronuscharm.net? If I find the link, then I will definately send it to you.

---------- Post automerged at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

As far as the story goes, it is a good read. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a GEM just based on the first few chapters but so far, it looks to be decent. Glad he didn't go for the clichés though. 3.5/5 so far...
Old 10-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #32
CheddarTrek
Set Phasers to Melt

DLP Supporter Donor Star
3/5 for me. It has some interesting concepts and shows promise, but right now I can't really get into it and find myself skimming through it.
Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe than time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important how we lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal.
~Jean-Luc Picard

CheddarTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #33
Tidus86p
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesc View Post
I'm eager to get to know more about her, she had this interesting slip of the tongue, when she told Harry about the killings of the Death Eaters -- and said she had "seen" them do it many times.

Was she somehow involved? Is that what she means in the last chapter, when she says, "he forgets what I can do, what I have done. They all have."?
[/I]
Better yet, did you see the part where she says: "None of us knew he had another, but he was a Death Eater...” Well, I guess that settles her part in the first war pretty crearly.
3.5/5 for me.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:45 AM   #34
Goddessa39
DA Member

Saw the idea and almost immediatly did not want to bother with it. Then I thought I was maybe being hasty so I glanced over some of the ratings here. It must be pretty damn good. So, I tried it and NAH! Lucius near Fudge, Harry letting anyone in the house who says they are wizards@ Urg.

But maybe I'll go back when I'm feeling generous... or at least not so friggin tired.

Wars teach us not to love our enemies, but to hate our allies.
-W.L. George

"In truth, there was only one Christian. And he died on the cross."
"At times, one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."
"Poets are shameless with their experiences; they exploit them."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Goddessa39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:40 AM   #35
Stan
Order Member

Well, this updated, after what -- six years? Meh Chapter, most of it being the cliche wand scene with Ollivander. Still, it's good to see Master Slytherin get back to writing.
Stan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:12 AM   #36
Quiddity
Auror

Huh, Inibaz was a pseudonym? Never got that.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:33 AM   #37
newageofpower
Professor

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Ah. I did like "What Lies Beneath"

I will be giving this a spin.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:35 AM   #38
warner
Disappeared

This is a really, really interesting premise. The idea of a pro muggleborn terrorist faction is something that really should be done more often given their horrendous treatment, but it sadly is not the case. Given it's been years since the last update I assume MS abandoned this, but I implore MS to reconsider that decision. 5/5.
warner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author:inibaz, author:master slytherin