Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > Politics
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 05-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #1781
awinarock
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Revan View Post
Well, @Oruma:

Today's bombshell from the Washington Post is that Trump tried to get Director of National Intelligence Coates and NSA Director Rodgers to throw shade on Comey and the FBI's investigation.

Can you say 'Abuse of Power'? It rhymes with 'Obstruction'.
Would it be enough for an obstruction charge? Almost everything I've read and heard seem to agree that while asking the heads of the intelligence agency to ease up on the Flynn investigation or undermine the FBI is scummy and suspicious, it isn't enough to charge Trump with obstruction or abuse of power unless the prosecution can prove without a shadow of doubt that he fired Comey because he was investigating Flynn or something equally egregious.
awinarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:13 PM   #1782
Darth_Revan
Secret Squirrel

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by awinarock View Post
Would it be enough for an obstruction charge? Almost everything I've read and heard seem to agree that while asking the heads of the intelligence agency to ease up on the Flynn investigation or undermine the FBI is scummy and suspicious, it isn't enough to charge Trump with obstruction or abuse of power unless the prosecution can prove without a shadow of doubt that he fired Comey because he was investigating Flynn or something equally egregious.
Each puzzle piece by itself is not enough. BUT, the pieces are slowly building the bigger picture, and more pieces are appearing every day.

Peace is a lie, the greatest lie there is. The truth is strife. Struggle. Pain. Suffering.

And from that turmoil, power. The power to bend the universe to my will.

- Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith
Darth_Revan is online now   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM   #1783
Sesc
Slytherin at Heart

So, hm. What's the list of Trump's achievements in the middle east?

He
  • called Islamist terror Islamic terror
  • called King Salman King Solomon
  • found the visit at Yad Vashem "amazing"
  • told the Israeli president that he had just returned from the middle east
  • told Israel that he never told Russia that the information came from Israel. Just so you know.

I suppose it could be worse. He didn't start a war, at least. And maybe King Salman was flattered.
She shuddered, even as we were descending, but when we dismounted, there was no sadness, no grief. Her ice blue eyes burned in boundless fury, a look so piercing it went clean through me. It was simultaneously the most beautiful and most terrifying thing I had ever seen on her face.

“Someone is going to pay.”

Kairos

I heard that you like the bad girls, honey,
Is that true?
Sesc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM   #1784
X Kronos X8
Fourth Year

U.S. President Donald Trump told his Philippine counterpart that Washington has sent two nuclear submarines to waters off the Korean peninsula, the New York Times said, comments likely to raise questions about his handling of sensitive information.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN18K15Y
-------------------
At this point, the inability of Trump to keep his mouth shut should be turned into an asset.

Given just how much he enjoys hearing the sound of his own voice, the intelligence and military apparatus should harness him as a counter-intelligence asset, feeding false information to foreign governments. The next few days are potentially about to get very interesting.
X Kronos X8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM   #1785
Arthellion
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Kronos X8 View Post
U.S. President Donald Trump told his Philippine counterpart that Washington has sent two nuclear submarines to waters off the Korean peninsula, the New York Times said, comments likely to raise questions about his handling of sensitive information.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN18K15Y
-------------------
At this point, the inability of Trump to keep his mouth shut should be turned into an asset.

Given just how much he enjoys hearing the sound of his own voice, the intelligence and military apparatus should harness him as a counter-intelligence asset, feeding false information to foreign governments. The next few days are potentially about to get very interesting.
Ya know..it's possible thats what's already happening...
Arthellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM   #1786
Rehio
Denarii Host

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthellion View Post
Ya know..it's possible thats what's already happening...
The government is playing 8-dimensional chess, fielding Trumps 4-d chess as a distraction.
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM   #1787
Darth_Revan
Secret Squirrel

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehio View Post
The government is playing 8-dimensional chess, fielding Trumps 4-d chess as a distraction.
Pfft, Trump is busy playing 2D checkers with the chess pieces.

Peace is a lie, the greatest lie there is. The truth is strife. Struggle. Pain. Suffering.

And from that turmoil, power. The power to bend the universe to my will.

- Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith
Darth_Revan is online now   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM   #1788
Spanks
Minister for Magic

So the Republican candidate in the Montana special electio body slammed a reporter. The day before the election. What happens if he wins and the reporter presses charges? Refuse to seat him?
Spanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM   #1789
Dark Belra
Headmaster

What series of events would ever lead one human being to body slam another human being outside of wrestling? Is this one of those situations where people call it a body slam but it's more something else? Who body slams people?

Peace and Prosperity be damned.
Dark Belra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #1790
Spanks
Minister for Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Belra View Post
What series of events would ever lead one human being to body slam another human being outside of wrestling? Is this one of those situations where people call it a body slam but it's more something else? Who body slams people?
Beats me. That's how the reporter it happened to put it.

Edit: Fox News producers witnessed it. Claim the candidate grabbed the reporter by the throat/neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground. Then climbed in top of him and punched him.

Last edited by Spanks; Yesterday at 10:57 PM.
Spanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM   #1791
Skiddo
First Year

Here's audio of the whole affair playing out. Apparently, he knocked the guy hard enough to crack his glasses.

You can clearly here a scuffle and the verbal exchange between both parties. Make of it what you will.

It's hard to truthfully determine exactly how things went down without visually seeing what happened.

The reporter could very well seek charges for assault and such, but i have no idea how this might effect the guys campaign so late in the game.

EDIT: So there was a credible witness? I hear they got an ambulance called down for him.

Last edited by Skiddo; Yesterday at 11:01 PM.
Skiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM   #1792
Invictus
Alchemist

Israel just admitted that they're changing how they sharing information with the US. And the British are incredibly pissed that the US leaked things about the Manchester attack, lots of leaks.

UK
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...cert-live-news
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-2017-40026413

Israel
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/05/24/...s-to-russians/
Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:06 PM   #1793
Oment
Minister for Magic
The Betrayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanks View Post
So the Republican candidate in the Montana special electio body slammed a reporter. The day before the election. What happens if he wins and the reporter presses charges? Refuse to seat him?
By all rights, this should be the end of his run for the House. In these times? He's going to get elected just to stick it to the lieberal faek media.

My point, as made by the body slammer's campaign:

Quote:
"Tonight, as Greg was giving a separate interview in a private office, The Guardian's Ben Jacobs entered the office without permission, aggressively shoved a recorder in Greg's face, and began asking badgering questions," the campaign said. "Jacobs was asked to leave. After asking Jacobs to lower the recorder, Jacobs declined. Greg then attempted to grab the phone that was pushed in his face. Jacobs grabbed Greg's wrist, and spun away from Greg, pushing them both to the ground. It's unfortunate that this aggressive behavior from a liberal journalist created this scene at our campaign volunteer BBQ."
-edit- Also, most of the votes have probably already been cast in early votes.

---------- Post automerged at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

Lieberman's withdrawn his name from the FBI director pool.

~R.I.P. Oz's dick, 1990-2016.~

Last edited by Oment; Today at 04:36 AM.
Oment is offline   Reply With Quote