Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > Real Life Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 05-27-2017, 10:54 PM   #1501
Sauce Bauss
Unspeakable

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Rose View Post
As did Zbigniew Brzezinski, who is - was - possibly the most renowned and respected National Security Adviser since Kissinger.
Since Kissinger? Brzezinski wouldn't have appreciated being shortchanged in comparison to his rival.
Sauce Bauss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:03 AM   #1502
Invictus
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce Bauss View Post
Since Kissinger? Brzezinski wouldn't have appreciated being shortchanged in comparison to his rival.
Kissinger has a very marketable and memorable name. Brzezinski is the son of two alphabet soup fans. When having to write down memos and lectures, we both know who the long suffering interns would pick.
Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old Yesterday, 12:42 AM   #1503
Warlocke
Prisoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
Greg Allman from the Allman Brothers Band has died. A band that suffered way, way too much. Another tragedy for rock and roll and the end of a legend.

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituar...050-story.html
Brits, perhaps especially, will be familiar with this Allman Brothers tune, which is a personal favorite of mine.

It always evokes a feeling of nostalgia in me, in spite of the fact that (AFAICR) I heard it at no time during my childhood.

Post 2772

"Let me tell you a little something about love, Dennis. It has a voracious appetite. It eats everything- Friendship. Family. It kills me how much it eats. But I'll tell you something else. You feed it right, and it can be a beautiful thing, and that's what we have." - Arnie Cunningham, Christine

STEAM
Warlocke is offline   Reply With Quote