Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  

Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Almost Recommended
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donor Bar
PatronusCharm Banner

Old 02-14-2007, 08:28 AM   #1
fatthom
Squib

Sanitarium by Greensl33ves - M

Title: Sanitarium
Author: Greensl33ves
Rating: M
Genre: Drama/Humor
DLP Category: General Fics - but please move if something is more suitable.
Pairing: None
Chapters: 16
Words: 61,572

Summary: How can you be part of a world where the only thing you are is a weapon to be used and discarded? Darkfic.
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3308258/1/

This is what I consider to be a Dark Fic. It is a story about what happens to the main characters after they have done the job they were set. The story contains some parts that made me uncomfortable, but I think most people here will really like it.

You will have to set aside the twins being a bit OOC, but maybe that is what the war did to them.

The grammar seems ok to me and the typos etc. seem to be minimal.

4/5

Checked by Minion, July 17, 2017
The story is no longer hosted on ff.net. Instead I attached a zipped textfile of the story.
If you know where to find another copy of the story, please inform the library staff.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sanitarium.zip (131.7 KB, 4 views)

Mostly just lurking, thanks anyway.

Last edited by Dark Minion; 07-17-2017 at 12:12 PM. Reason: typo
fatthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:54 AM   #2
KenderCleric
Auror
Lord of Plot Bunnies

Send a message via AIM to KenderCleric Send a message via MSN to KenderCleric
Meh.

2.5/5
KenderCleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
deathinapinkboa
Minister for Magic

This isn't dark, my deary. This is utter angst.

It isn't terrible. I won't fallow it, but I deffinatly don't hate it.

3/5
Waht may seem lkie a cuasal drisgerad for sepllnig and gammrar is atcalluy my dyxsleia shniing thougrh.
deathinapinkboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #4
fatthom
Squib

Quote:
This is utter angst.
You may be right. The thing is I usualy don't like angst at all. I just want to slap somebody into doing something. I didn't get that feeling with this. Although the twins do bother me slightly. I am still looking forward to the next chapter though.

Mostly just lurking, thanks anyway.
fatthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #5
Krull
Seventh Year

Send a message via Yahoo to Krull
I'll just say it out front that I personally think that this story those not, and I pray that it will never have a place in the DLP library.

The level of angst in this fic is way beyond anything tolerable, and when the angst those subside you get to read about the characters organising on a puppet show....how's that for a dark fic. The only thing half decent about this fic is:

Quote:
The Moral: Some live in palaces,
Others in muck;
I'd like to live
Where they're quiet when they fuck.
My rating is 2/5, because at least there are no severe grammatical errors.

EDIT: 1/5. Ignoring my better judgement I went ahead and read the second half of the final chapter only to find crappy dialogues, unreadable centeses and characters repeating the same fucking idee 5 times in 50 words.

My recommendation: DELETE IT

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3145/pitbulljpgv1humbyu2.jpg

Last edited by Krull; 02-14-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
darklordmike
Auror

Good god. I'll be really impressed if anyone here has the stomach to finish this fic. As noted above, it's so overflowing with angst that there isn't room for anything else. 'The Ministry Six' are so fucked up after the war that they lose themselves in alcohol, drugs, prostitution, depression, etc.

Finally fed up with them destroying their lives, Fred and George capture them all and lock them up in a makeshift 'sanitarium.' What follows is the single largest collection of misery, whining, bitching, angst, and despair I've ever seen.

This isn't Harry Potter. These characters bear no relationship whatsoever to their canon counterparts. This is a supremely fucked up author trying to work through some issues. I hope he/she was successful, but I don't understand why anyone would ever want to read this.

1/5
Old 08-20-2009, 01:37 AM   #7
Scrittore
Groundskeeper

Well 16 chapters, and it's completed! Let's see how this goes!

Quote:
Most of them have trouble holding a job worth anything, as if they feel they don’t deserve a chance to make a life outside of war and so destroy their futures. Almost all work outside the Ministry, as bartenders and shop assistants. Three have committed suicide: Dennis Creevey, Zachariah Smith, and Cho Chang; the first because his brother was killed by rouge Dark wizards, the second after the girlfriend he abused left him, the latter after being left by her abusive boyfriend. It’s ironic, that those who knew best what needless violence can do would crave it so much.
Well this is certainly off to a depressing start.

Quote:
Ernie MacMillan, Lavender Brown, Seamus Finnigan—just a few examples of the many. All of them suffered an emotional lockdown at the end of the war. They go from relationships that are purely physical to relationships that are just desperate grasps, never quite getting out of the cycle.
Jeez, this isn't getting any happier.

Quote:
But the Six, the Six who destroyed the Horcruxes, who fought the inner circle of Death Eaters in the Battle of Souls, who sacrificed two years of their lives to annihilate Voldemort and his poison—they are the truly damaged ones. The others will sort out their lives, given the years to heal, but they…I don’t think they’ll ever recover. The Dark Lord stole something besides two years from them; he stole their innocence, their mercy, their humanity, and their sense of right and wrong. He stole it from Harry Potter and Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley and Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom and Ginny Weasley. More thoroughly than a Dementor’s kiss, he reduced them to shells of human beings.
Nobodyyyy knowsss what it's like to be the sad mannnnnn.

Quote:
Ginny’d walk into The Three Broomsticks and she’d take first one man up on a drink, then another, and a third, and maybe he’d buy her the fourth, and in the middle of the night she’d wake up in a strange bed next to a strange man and have to Apparate away after finding her clothes.

And she wasn’t the only one. I know Luna had an abortion before she decided to keep her next baby, father unknown.
What the fuck?

Quote:
Neville was never sober, and only Hermione wasn’t drinking, but then again, she consumed enough caffeine and drugs that drinking would have been better. I don’t think that in the two years they lived like that anyone ever saw her sleep. I know she didn’t have an apartment, and, instead, bounced between various friends. She stayed for the longest time with Harry and Ron, if only because they were too screwed over to notice how bad she was.
So Neville's an alcoholic, and Hermione's a pill popper/druggie.

This is less depressing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz9ZYVQlfMQ

Hopefully Fred and George will knock some sense into them.

OHWAI, Hermione has a breakdown. Luna's nine months pregnant.

Quote:
“Let me out of here!” I was tackled while on my back by one twin while the other held my arm and yanked my sleeve up. The others had surrounded us and I could hear Ron gasp and whisper “Merlin!”

I knew what they could see; I know every scar there. Every cut, large and small, the scar tissue beginning to grow thick.
Ginny's a cutter. O.O

Folks, this is only two chapters in. I'll stop here, as I'm drowning in the amount of angst. I salute you if you want to try and read this story. I seriously hope the author found help for his/herself, because this story is definitely some sort of cry for help or the thoughts of a twisted mind.

1/5.

Last edited by Scrittore; 08-20-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Scrittore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:02 AM   #8
Xiph0
Administrator
First Tovarisch

Source links are dead.
Xiph0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:26 AM   #9
wordhammer
Chief Warlock

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I have a copy, provided by the author. At the time, she was cool with me sharing it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9y80y9bhh...33ves.rtf?dl=0
Old 07-17-2017, 12:13 PM   #10
Dark Minion
Bright Minion

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I attached a zipped file to the first post

Looking for a fandom?

Dark Minion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author:greensl33ves, complete, harry/hermione/ron, threesome