Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > FanFiction Extras > FanFic Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 01-11-2017, 03:27 AM   #1461
Chilli
Seventh Year

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glimmervoid View Post

Basilisks are bred by putting a chicken egg under a toad and waiting for it to hatch. ("chicken egg hatched beneath a toad would produce a gigantic serpent possessed of extraordinary dangerous powers."). There's no evidence that the chicken needs to be special in any way and it turns into the magical basilisk.
I think there must be some magic involved, at the very least to force the toad to stay on the egg.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:42 PM   #1462
Agent One
Fourth Year

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Not really a question about Harry Potter Per Se... But I just watched the Chamber of Secrets and noticed that there was no scuffle with Lucius and that Lucius never threw a book into Ginny's cauldron.

Now, I know the movies cut many things out but I could have sworn I remember seeing it on screen. I actually watched the first three movies before reading the books and I could have sworn it actually happened.

I specifically remember the words "It's all your father can afford".

Does anyone's copy of COS have this scene? Do I have like a special edition or something? My copy is two hours fourty-five minues long if that helps.

Of course, I could just be being stupid.

Agent One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #1463
wordhammer
Chief Warlock

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent One View Post
Not really a question about Harry Potter Per Se... But I just watched the Chamber of Secrets and noticed that there was no scuffle with Lucius and that Lucius never threw a book into Ginny's cauldron.

Now, I know the movies cut many things out but I could have sworn I remember seeing it on screen. I actually watched the first three movies before reading the books and I could have sworn it actually happened.

I specifically remember the words "It's all your father can afford".

Does anyone's copy of COS have this scene? Do I have like a special edition or something? My copy is two hours fourty-five minues long if that helps.

Of course, I could just be being stupid.
There wasn't a scuffle but there was a tense argument, during which Lucius slipped the book into Ginny's cauldron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvWihzwI2uY
Old 01-11-2017, 05:54 PM   #1464
Timthomas299
Squib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitwizard1993 View Post
Say a Wizard was a bit of a health nut. What might the magical equivalent of a juicer be?

First thing that springs to mind would be pepper up potions, IIRC they can cure/treat a cold.
Timthomas299 is offline   Reply With Quote