Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > The Alternates
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 09-04-2016, 04:51 AM   #301
Azreal
Squib

There are some great moments in the fic, and it pains me to realize it's probably abandoned. The writing starts off okay and becomes great.

One of the unique things about it is it's underplayed but truly sympathetic view of Dark!Harry as a victim. Never overdone or overtly played for pity, but heart tugging all the same. The author does a fantastic job of seeing things from his protagonist's point of view, not the view of the series-- he's civil to Fudge's successor, even finds him occasionally relatable, and even fleetingly feels the "genuine desire" to have Slughorn as his mentor.

4.5/5. It could have been a five if it were finished! By far one of the most well-spaced out and believable AUs I've read.
Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:42 PM   #302
PWIZDUO
Second Year

I don't think it's abandoned, or at least I hope not. It's not the longest we've gone without updates.
PWIZDUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:57 PM   #303
soczab
Squib

its not abandoned. she updated her profile in august specifically saying it wasnt despite the long wait.

Mind it updates like a chapter every few years, but yeah.
soczab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 04:27 AM   #304
Ravenlark
Squib

Probably one of the best and most realistic Harry in Slytherin stories I've seen. The only criticism I have is that it drags a bit on occasion, but it's well written and plotted out. The relationship he has with Millicent and Blaise is a unusual and not one that is typically portrayed. Usually, authors make him bffs with Draco and in awe of Snape.
Ravenlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:48 AM   #305
Rilianus
Squib

The best slytherin Harry in the whole fandom. I really like the format too - we've got more depth the further we go with the story.
Overall it nicely satisfies the question of 'What could've happened if Sorting Hat made a different choice?' and making a case that it wouldn't be bad, maybe even better than otherwise, certainly more satisfying

5/5
Rilianus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:23 PM   #306
Plurple
Squib

This is likely the best slytherin Harry I've read thus far. The portrayal is realistic and characters are well fleshed out and unlike most fics, aren't over the top. Harry himself is deserving of sympathy, but not pity which is refreshing in and of itself. The plot keeps moving and doesn't drag along and the development of the characters and their interactions keep the story engaging.

4/5 on the basis that it isn't finished and it's hard to rate a story that isn't finished since endings can make or break a story.
Plurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:42 PM   #307
junkseer2
First Year

I think i hate every single review post for the last few years in this thread for making me think that this story has updated
junkseer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #308
Miner
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkseer2 View Post
I think i hate every single review post for the last few years in this thread for making me think that this story has updated
Pot--->Kettle

Anyways, I just reread through this again and I realized I never left a review or a vote for it. So...

There's definitely parts of it that I could nitpick at, including the whole wresting control of Fiendfyre away from its caster thing that (I think) was what was going on with the Longbottom manor battle.

They're mostly trivial stuff though, lost in the brilliance that is the writing. I don't think I've been able to really relate to a character that is as unrelatable as Slytherin!Harry is. And, contrary to some people before, I actually enjoyed Harry's younger years a lot too. While the writing did seem, at times condensed and over-compressed, the change that we see in Harry, gradually, as he turns off the track Dumbledore laid out to him, is what really makes this fic amazing in my opinion.

Because writing a Harry that's characterized as a darker character than in canon isn't as difficult if the story begins when Harry's already crossed over that invisible line of light and dark. It's the process of getting there that's difficult to really create, and that's what I admire the most about this story.

Of course, the junior Death Eater games were highlights of the story as well.
I'm an Adult. I blame Drome <---- I see this.
Miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:45 AM   #309
endsley_17
Squib

I really wish this fic wasn't abandoned. I know the author says they will never abandon it but it's been 2 and 1/2 years since an update. This is the best Slytherin Harry I’ve read. The way the author has explored the dark arts… It’s the most convincing exploration of them. (4.5/5)
endsley_17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author:mira mirth, harry/padma, harry/susan, slytherin, slytherin! harry