Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > Politics
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 10-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #361
Erandil
Headmaster

I am German and what I wanted to say is that total surveillance isn´t a joking matter and can happen even/especially in western democracies.

And it isn´t the current use of the footage that worries me, but the possibilities for misuse.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #362
Johndoe022
Third Year

Romney gets tough on big bird?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZxs0...&feature=share

When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off." - Stephen King
Johndoe022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 10-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #363
Howdy
Dark Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. C. Scrubb View Post
I couldn't help but think of Obama's Big Bird ad. He's getting pounded from the left, right, and center.
This ad would have gotten a few chuckles out of me if it was a College Humor type thing, but as an actual campaign ad it makes me sad.
Howdy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #364
Taure
Order Member
Magical Cores Are Real

DLP Supporter Donor Star
High Score: 13,152
Funny Polandball (Click to read)

HPATTGH: 1/35 Complete
Taure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:34 AM   #365
Damask
Seventh Year

Another USA presidential election cycle, another necromancy. (To be fair, Taure's post did the lion's share of the unearthing, but the truth is that simply nobody cares about our Euroshit.)

I'll be damned if that isn't an absolutely insipid campaign logo, basically appropriately representative of the candidate herself, but use your imagination a little and it becomes fun to play with. (To me it seems to stand unmistakeably for "to the right!".)
Old 06-01-2015, 02:56 AM   #366
Giovanni
The Fifth House
God of Scotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damask View Post
(To me it seems to stand unmistakeably for "to the right!".)
"Swipe Right for Hillary" will be a Tinder ad before this is all over and done with.

Quote:
Xiph0 What then?

Xiph0 Everyone needs projects.

Giovanni No long term projects except the goal of acquiring more property so that I can die.
Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 3 thumbs up
Old 09-10-2015, 04:48 PM   #367
Banta
The Chosen One

DLP Supporter Donor Star
In today's edition of probably not a good idea.

Quote:
It is ahistorical and naive for Sanders’ supporters to believe that he can secure the nomination for the Democratic Party without leverage to breakthrough the Clinton juggernaut. What kind of leverage? Try to imagine if a million or more American voters take the Bernie or Bust pledge to write-in Bernie Sanders in the general election. Democratic Primary voters and caucus goers will have to support Bernie Sanders or they will divide the American liberal/progressive left and potentially put a Republican in the White House. If taken by enough citizens, the Bernie or Bust pledge will give them no choice but to support Senator Sanders…or else.

The Bernie or Bust pledge is as simple as it will be effective. It involves two easy steps, and both are vital to the success of this movement’s strategy. They are:

1) Join thousands of voters who have filled out a simple form to pledge to write-in Bernie Sanders for President in 2016 no matter what. With enough leverage, Revolt Against Plutocracy can shock the Democratic Party establishment — in the news media and with ads — into understanding that nominating anyone else seriously jeopardizes Democrats keeping the White House. This massive lever will apply enough pressure to deter voter support for a regressive, establishment candidate like Hillary Clinton.

2) Pledge-takers will then reach out to friends, relatives, etc. to recruit just two more people to take the Bernie or Bust pledge within a week. This is the only way a critical mass will pool resources to maximize support by liberal and moderate Democrats for Sanders as President.
Quote:
A melodramatic analogy: No doubt, some skeptics will wonder if the Bernie or Bust pledge is like the wildly desperate guy–aiming a loaded pistol at his own head–who declares, “if I don’t get my way, I’ll pull the trigger.” That is like the Bernie or Bust pledge. You are a Sanders supporter. The threat to “pull the trigger” is the refusal to vote for a status quo Democrat even if it pushes a Republican in the White House. Leverage is how a minority effectively pressures the majority to meet their demands for a new way forward, that is, for tax reform, systemic change and democratic equality.
Quote:
Senator Bernie Sanders has called for a “political revolution.” Pledge-takers are taking a revolutionary step. A write-in pledge is a revolutionary innovation, and it will change how progressive, grassroots supporters will peacefully ignite an American revolution against oligarchy, against the corporate-state, against plutocracy, against “Wall Street capitalism”…against Wall Street-backed Hillary Clinton and the rest of the Republicans.
Quote:
To everyone else, remember: there is a difference between a campaign for office and a political revolution. Bernie Sanders may well lose his campaign for the Democratic Party nomination. We are convinced only a revolutionary movement that will not take “Clinton” for an answer can secure his nomination. Think about it.
If you want to read the whole thing.

A lot of Sanders supporters are posting this on social media, and it's doing more to drive away the people Sanders needs to sway to get the nomination than not. It's the kind of tone-deaf idiocy that, while not surprising, is disappointing.
Banta is online now   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 07-29-2016, 11:22 PM   #368
Banta
The Chosen One

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Banta is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags