Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > Real Life Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

View Poll Results: What Should Giovanni Do?
Kill the fucker (the try to outrun the cops) 5 22.73%
Go live with one of my friends 12 54.55%
Put up with his bullshit 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
Giovanni
The Fifth House
God of Scotch

I Think My Dad has a Death Wish

So far today I have been blamed for the following things:

#1. Intercepting calls from my school (they never called... Ever).
#2. Hiding the cordless phone (I never use it... Ever, I don't even answer it).
#3. Scratching his car last night (impossible because it was snowed in the driveway)
#4. Stealing money from him (A crime which my little brother commits, I get my money from writing papers and gambling)
#5. Being Lazy (yeah thats right, lazy... Thats why I wrote a 15 page paper today about the history of the theory of evolution, and am now drafting a speech about privacy)
#6. Stealing alcohol (Oh he knows me so well... This would have been true, except he accused me of stealing his rum... I only stole his beer.)

Now he is threatening to kick me out. Entertaining, yes? I am positive the stupid motherfucker has a death wish. Seriously, I am through with his shit, the next thing he says is going to get him into the hospital or the morgue.

Now he wants me to shovel the fucking driveway (its 45 feet long). It's 6:30 and I still have 100 Calculus problems I need to do. Why me? Seriously, why me?

So what do you guys think?

And for the record this is not the first time he has gone McCarthy on me. For the past 5 years he has been blaming me for everything that hasn't gone right. His boss is an asshole, its my fault. His car breaks, its my fault. My little brother is a failure in school, ITS MY FUCKING FAULT!

Other entertaining "Things that are my fault" include:

The house being a mess (I wouldn't know about that as I only inhabit one tiny corner of it, and that part is the only clean part in the house).

My little brother failing physical science
My little brother failing English
My little brother failing Geometry
My little brother getting a C in Phys Ed (How he managed that even I cant figure out)
The house smelling (umm I am the only one in it who bathes regularly... perhaps he has never stuck his nose in my little bro's room).
The electric bill (the only appliance I use is my laptop... The lights aren't even on near me.)

Quite frankly I am suprised he hasn't tried to pin the holocaust, eve's original sin, and the sudan genocide on me yet.
Giovanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:43 PM   #2
Cervus
Raptured to Hell

Send a message via AIM to Cervus Send a message via MSN to Cervus Send a message via Yahoo to Cervus
While we're at it you can take the blame for me missing work today due to... err... yeah, I don't think I'll tell them about those naughty pictures you've been sending me of yourself, they made me ill.

If your going to leave the house, though, I'd advice you to leave it until tomorrow. Otherwise your going to end up shovelling the driveway anyway on your way out.
Cervus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:03 PM   #3
Antivash
Until we meet again...
...Stay gold. Bang.

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via AIM to Antivash
Ill add my womn troubles and writers block to the list of things that are your fault as wel...

Find out how to use a steam sig like this here!
PS: If you PM and ask how to do it, I will ban you. Srsly.
Antivash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:11 PM   #4
Giovanni
The Fifth House
God of Scotch

Fuck you Vash.

And Cervus, I wont end up shoveling it on my way out. I can fit all of my possessions into a duffel bag and catch a bus to my friends house. '

Sad thing is, I'm not kidding.

Clothes + Laptop + iPod (which I paid for not my dad), some CD's and... Well yeah that is pretty much all I own of any value.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:24 PM   #5
Silent
Professor
Kinky Wench

Send a message via MSN to Silent
If there's someone whose house you can camp at, I'm all for it. After all, you'll be eighteen in less than a year. Even if you only left for a few days, it might at least give him some time to calm down and you some time to get away from him. I wouldn't advise so much running away as getting somewhere else to stay for a bit.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:19 PM   #6
Violent Seas
Sixth Year

ya, i agree with Silent, for the same reasons.

i wish you luck with whatever you decide to do....
Violent Seas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:25 PM   #7
UnholyWarlord
Fourth Year

I wish the upmost luck on whatever course of action you take.
(Hope you kill the bastard)

We all worship something,whether call it God, Science, or Candy, we all give our souls to something.

Here's MY motto, Boldly goning nowhere.
UnholyWarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:30 PM   #8
IndoGhost
Dark Lord

I agree with silent and seas...I would go to my friends house...but whatever you do good luck.

"Dead men tell no tales."
Shadow Of Azkaban
IndoGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:12 PM   #9
LINKed up
Chief Warlock

Location: A certain place in a certain area of space-time, aka your closet.
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via AIM to LINKed up
Go live with your friends. They will probably understand. Too bad that you can't charge your dad with something to get him in jail and off your case.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:31 AM   #10
Tobang
Fourth Year

Send a message via MSN to Tobang
Honestly I would put up with the bullshit unless it gets too insane. Pick and choose your fights carefully. I know for a fact that im dependent on my parents right now…I could leave but that would basically be leaving my chance for a good future. I need their money and if I have to deal with some bullshit to get it…it’s worth it.

Oww and someone needs to support your brother when he gets out of high school.

P.S. A little personal tip…. never steal your parents alcohol, trust me they notice. Now im not advocating to all the younglings on this site to become underage drinkers and iv of course never done anything illegal like this…but a friend of mine has a friend who works at a liquor store and he gets all his boos he could ever need from there. Once again, I of course never take part in any illicit illegal acts, like drinking alcohol.....
The first bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Tobang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 02:41 AM   #11
Giovanni
The Fifth House
God of Scotch

I don't steal enough for him to notice... He always has like 6 cases of the shit in the house.
If I am going to go out and get drunk I go to a friends party, or I just buy some of it from a friend of mine who is old enough to get it legally.

Quote:
Xiph0 What then?

Xiph0 Everyone needs projects.

Giovanni No long term projects except the goal of acquiring more property so that I can die.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:49 AM   #12
Zevrillion
Founder
Supreme Commander

Don't know if I can help much. The only thing my parents complain about is my non-existing social life and that I read too much.

I must be one in a million who has parent that want you to do something stupid, or go out and drink, and have unprotected sex.

It's quit embarrassing when you parent want to try and help you be more social.

And Gio, just think it through before you do anything. You don't want to regret it later.

"Glorious are the Ori, who lead us to salvation, who did fight the evil that would doom us all to mortal sin. Did they defeat the old spirits and cast them out? And now, with the strength of our will, they do call upon us to prevail against the corruption of all unbelievers."
Zevrillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:33 AM   #13
Master Slytherin
Headmaster

Send a message via AIM to Master Slytherin Send a message via MSN to Master Slytherin Send a message via Yahoo to Master Slytherin
The same problem faced my friend. If I were you I wouldn't take the advice of anyone you haven't met bfore i.e. everyone on cyberspace. And I'll tell you why:

1. We don't know you. Are you overreacting or is this the truth? We just can't tell.
2. We don't know your dad's side of the story.
3. You may get a sarcastic answer which you'll follow (not knowing it's sarcasm)
4. We haven't got enough info to make an informed decision.

My advice is to ask all your close friends what to do. Maybe cousins or other members of your family. Calm down, wait for what they think then make yur decision. Seriously, expect your schoolwork to be affected if you move out, so if that's the shit that's important to you, then seriously think before you act. Take every factor into account. also, you may want to try talking to your dad. If he won't listen then talk to another close relative.

Good luck with what you decide.

Yahell Group

Fanfiction.net Account

Avatar graciously provided by DGD
Master Slytherin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #14
bornagainpenguin
Unspeakable
DLP Archivist

Master Slytherin speaks truth!

Think carefully before burning any bridges.

That said here's some uh...light reading called 'How to Vanish in America' from i-am-bored.com. Again tho' be careful with whatever you decide to do and keep in mind that if you move out like so your Dad could escalate the situation. Don't count on anyone to be rational when they're upset. Ever. And this includes yourself.

Whatever you do, be safe.

--bornagainpenguin (who reminds you that is you have any kind of record or any kind of reputation to be even more careful in what you do. You're still young enough to not be able to do a whole lot for yourself and are still becoming the person you will be when you hit your 40s; but you're also old enough to be considered an adult legally. Watch yourself!)
bornagainpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:11 PM   #15
Violent Seas
Sixth Year

Quote:
My advice is to ask all your close friends what to do. Maybe cousins or other members of your family. Calm down, wait for what they think then make yur decision. Seriously, expect your schoolwork to be affected if you move out, so if that's the shit that's important to you, then seriously think before you act. Take every factor into account. also, you may want to try talking to your dad. If he won't listen then talk to another close relative.

ya, i take back my previous statement and say that i agree with this.

once again, good luck on whatever you decide to do.[/quote]
Violent Seas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:18 PM   #16
Cervus
Raptured to Hell

Send a message via AIM to Cervus Send a message via MSN to Cervus Send a message via Yahoo to Cervus
I'm not retracting my previous statement. I swear I would have gone in work if I hadn't been treated to looking a Gio in a pink frilly dress. I swear it!

Listen to Master Slytherin and bornagainpenguin, Gio, for they speak the truth.
Cervus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:20 AM   #17
Mordecai
Seventh Year
Drunken Scotsman

DLP Supporter Donor Star
High Score: 3,485
listen to the snake master over there, he speaks the truth.

but in my personal opiion, stick it out, speak to a close relative to ge them to talk to your father, or speka to a teacehr at school you trust and get them to speak to him. I mean, whats more important 100 calculus questions or a driveway full of snow.

good luck with whatever you do
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:32 PM   #18
Giovanni
The Fifth House
God of Scotch

Well if you asked my asshole of a father they are both equally important, and therefore should both be done; simultaneously.

At least now I understand Calc (Summation and Integration are easy).

He seems to have calmed down now because I let him overhear a phone conversation I had with one of my friends about moving out.

I think it may have shocked him into realizing that I was willing to call him on it.

Quote:
Xiph0 What then?

Xiph0 Everyone needs projects.

Giovanni No long term projects except the goal of acquiring more property so that I can die.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:40 PM   #19
Master Slytherin
Headmaster

Send a message via AIM to Master Slytherin Send a message via MSN to Master Slytherin Send a message via Yahoo to Master Slytherin
Heh I s'pose that was another option. Pretend to be moving out works nicely usually. Or it goes horribly wrong...

Yahell Group

Fanfiction.net Account

Avatar graciously provided by DGD
Master Slytherin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:14 PM   #20
bornagainpenguin
Unspeakable
DLP Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Slytherin
Heh I s'pose that was another option. Pretend to be moving out works nicely usually. Or it goes horribly wrong...
[nods] It could lead to a confrontation really easily. Probably a good thing he didn't have this conversation 'face to face' or there might have been different results...

--bornagainpenguin
bornagainpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote