Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Humor
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 06-30-2014, 05:35 AM   #21
Eidolonic
Chief Warlock

So-so chapter.

Voldemort vs. Harrymort next chapter is where it gets interesting.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #22
Ayreon
Unspeakable

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I really enjoyed the story.

I laughed out loud at least once per chapter on average, which means it does better than most humor fics. It has some problems, some jokes fall flat, but that is the case with all comedy.
It's a 5/5 from me.
(It also updated again with the end of 4th year.)

~~ Chuck Reid
Ayreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:34 PM   #23
someone010101
Groundskeeper

Great humor/crack. Harrymort hits all my spots with his blatant arrogance and hypocrisy and wrong, but completely logical conclusions. The fic doesn't have bashing in the narrative" It even has a plot!

On the downside, the fics pretty much forgettable. Then again, most are.

4/5
someone010101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:07 AM   #24
Lium
First Year

I found this exceptionally humorous. 4.5/5
(but the cops caught him again so all's well)
Lium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #25
Great Grey Shrike
Squib

I found the first couple chapters were mediocre (maybe ~2/5 material) but the writing improved a lot and later chapters have been solid 4/5 or 5/5 material overall. The author really hadn't found as good a tone for his protagonist early on.

As it stands at present, I rate the whole thing a solid 4, but if it keeps on increasing in length at the present quality I'd say it will likely reach 5 overall quality.
Great Grey Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:55 PM   #26
Mock Moniker
Professor

I really like this fic. It might not be as excellent as some other stories, but for a humor fic it's 5/5, rounding up a bit.
Mock Moniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:40 PM   #27
Knoq
Temporarily Banhammered

This has to be the best Troll!Voldemort since "Yes, I am Harry's Brother" by Ynyr. 5/5 for humor and apparent originality.

EDIT:The Author has clearly assimilated into Spacebattles culture. Behold, a terrible pun.

Quote:
Seventh Horcrux
Chapter 5: Harry Potter vs. Alastor Moody (Pt. 3)

It was breakfast time, but Hermione wasn’t eating. She held my golden egg in her hands, staring down at it with pinched lips. “I can’t believe you’re just ignoring this. I mean, really, Harry, this is a very dangerous competition. You can’t just throw away opportunities to prepare yourself.”

“I don’t need the help, and I’ve always despised riddles,” I said.

Last edited by Knoq; 07-31-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Knoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:23 AM   #28
Hymn of Ragnarok
Squib

I'd give this a solid 4/5.

I haven't laughed this hard since A Black Comedy. It takes a fair bit for a story to actually make me bust a gut, but here I am. The story has its flaws. Sometimes it doesn't take itself seriously enough, or it leans on the fourth wall more than I'd prefer.

In particular I was rather disappointed by how it's become obvious that the rest of the world really is insane or unbalanced. I quite enjoyed Harrymort being such an unreliable narrator that you aren't sure whether Harrymort is being paranoid or if people really are out to get him, are acting in a reasonable manner from their perspective, or are just being their canon selves. I was willing to go along with buying into Lockhart's competence, simply because Harrymort has such a distorted frame of reference for what is possible or even just reasonable. For a while I had a real feeling of the world just happening to fall into place in a hysterical manner.

But sometimes, it feels like the world is twisted into a pretzel in order to facilitate the comedy. The best way i can describe it is by comparing it to the chick or the egg scenario. Which comes first, the world makes the punchline, or the punchline makes the world. I prefer the first, or to at least feel like this is so. Even in crack, the story should be internally consistent.

But despite the mishaps encountered, the story hits more than it misses. It's also still updating.

It may not be perfect, it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is mine and I'd like some more.
Hymn of Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:55 AM   #29
richardl
First Year

The author has started posting it to ff.net.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10677106/1/Seventh-Horcrux
richardl is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 09-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #30
Gene
Second Year

I'm enjoying it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:56 AM   #31
Callagan
Fourth Year

Also, this story's been finished on Spacebattles. The author is still writing omakes for it, but the plot's been wrapped up.
Callagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 09-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #32
9th Doctor
Slug Club Member

She tied it up as well as it could be tied up. I think that while I enjoyed it, I have a hard time picturing Voldemort the way she presents him in the crack/comedy side of things. Otherwise, +1 for finishing it, and for the ending.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #33
Pasta Sentient
Disappeared

Seventh Horcrux by Emerald Ashes - T

Title:Seventh Horcrux
Author:Emerald Ashes
Rating:T
Genre:Humor/Parody
Library Category:Humor
Pairings:N/A
Summary:The presence of a foreign soul may have unexpected side effects on a growing child. I am Lord Volde...Harry Potter. I'm Harry Potter. In which Harry is insane, Hermione is a Dark Lady-in-training, Ginny is a minion, and Ron is confused.
Link:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10677106/1/Seventh-Horcrux

Essentially this story is crack and parody, but it has been the most humorous read I have had in sometime.

Harry Potter doesn't really exist, it is just an insane Voldemort Horcrux inside of Harry's body. It's hard to give a decent summary of the fic because it can be quite crackish, but depending on your humor this fic is a blast.
Pasta Sentient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:36 AM   #34
Quiddity
High Inquisitor

Already submitted and in the library: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/sh...ad.php?t=26489
Quiddity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:38 AM   #35
Pasta Sentient
Disappeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qgqqqqq View Post
Already submitted and in the library: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/sh...ad.php?t=26489
Darn. I did a search, but didn't see it. Oh well. My apologies.
Pasta Sentient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:40 AM   #36
Finite
Muggle

=(

21 month lurking spree broken. Since I've corrected somebody's mistake, does this make me a full-fledged member? Or do I need more curse words and an almost comical rage to go along with it?

Perhaps some creepy incestuous desires as well if that alone doesn't initiate me.

But anyways, the story has some pretty excellent humor. The gag in fourth year where Harrymort explains the three fundamental characteristics of each house was the best part for me, particularly this line (makes no sense out of context, but ya):

"No, Ron. That would be stupid. Slytherin was obviously a Ravenclaw," I said. I have no clue where he gets these ideas.

Made me lol. 4.5/5 from me.

e: ninja'd -- lel kill me and use my intestines 2 jumprope, or alternatively can a monitor delete diz post (since for some reason... i can't?) and pretend i nevr existed like i always have been doing ;-;

Last edited by Finite; 12-08-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Finite is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 12-12-2014, 01:04 AM   #37
TheLastWanderer
Squib

Just so you all are aware, this story was completed and posted on spacebattles forums.

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...-hp-au.298748/

It is pretty funny, definitely a crack-fic.
TheLastWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #38
Knoq
Temporarily Banhammered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finite View Post
=(

21 month lurking spree broken. Since I've corrected somebody's mistake, does this make me a full-fledged member? Or do I need more curse words and an almost comical rage to go along with it?
Just find somebodies opinion, and shit on it.

BTW, I am going to report the thread so that mods can merge/lock/whatever. Nothing bad though.

I think omakes are still being written though.
Knoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 12-14-2014, 02:21 AM   #39
Quiddity
High Inquisitor

No, the omakes have been done (on spacebattles) for over a month, now. Fic's finished, he's just releasing it slowly to FFN.
Quiddity is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 01-02-2016, 07:26 PM   #40
dveth
Squib

I really liked this story for what it is. While I would have preferred Harry/Voldemort to be more effective and powerful, it was still one of the funniest stories I've read, and it remained interesting. Despite its fairly unsatisfying conclusion, I'm still glad I read it.
dveth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, author: emerald ashes, complete, humor, parody