Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Humor
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 02-17-2015, 02:35 AM   #41
Stan
Order Member

For an absurdist fic, this story can be surprisingly insightful at times. Quirrell and Lily's interactions were really good. Also, only Lily can resurrect the greatest Dark Lord of all time and not even know it.

I really loved the subversion of the "Lily saves Hermione and they're instant best friends" trope. I would have preferred a full inversion of the trope, but this is the next best thing. I always shake my head when the troll attack does an instant 180 on Hermione's personality.

Rabbit is as close to lovecraftian horror we get in HP fanfiction.

Also, there is another one-shot in the Lily verse : Oedipus - On a day that never happened, but could have, in July of 1971 James Potter meets a mysterious red headed time traveler and things do not go well. Side fic to "Lily and the Art of Being Sisyphus"

@Dark Minion : I chose the library category as humor because it was one of the author's chosen genres. But I agree that AU fits the story better.
Stan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:27 AM   #42
Ferdiad
Auror

Another oneshot was posted. It's a wrong boy who lived.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11091589/1/
Ferdiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:18 AM   #43
Stan
Order Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
Another oneshot was posted. It's a wrong boy who lived.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11091589/1/
This was very good, easily the best Wrong Boy-Who-Lived story I've ever read. None of that ridiculous abuse and Evil!Dumbledore cliches, and realistic relationships all round. Great characterizations for Ellie and Harry as well. I would love to read a sequel to this.
Thumbs Up 4 thumbs up
Old 03-09-2015, 01:21 AM   #44
NuScorpii
Professor

New chapter posted.

It's getting interesting. looks like the next chapter will have the final confrontation with Quirrel.
NuScorpii is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 4 thumbs up
Old 03-09-2015, 11:05 PM   #45
The Carnivorous Muffin
Muggle

So now that most people have given a rating, i.e. my presence isn't influencing votes, and I've been approved to post things. Questions, comments, concerns?

Feel free to ask.
The Carnivorous Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:54 PM   #46
Stan
Order Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Carnivorous Muffin View Post
So now that most people have given a rating, i.e. my presence isn't influencing votes, and I've been approved to post things. Questions, comments, concerns?

Feel free to ask.
Thanks. I am curious, will we ever get a conversation between Lily and Luna in the future? That would be a fascinating conversation, if only because no one else will understand a word of it.

Are we going to see the Lily confront the Dursleys in the story again? I mean, she never really cared for them one way or the other, but some resolution will be nice. I would love a cameo by the muggle therapist as well -- poor doctor was utterly bamboozled by Lily and then had his mind wiped.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:03 PM   #47
The Carnivorous Muffin
Muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Thanks. I am curious, will we ever get a conversation between Lily and Luna in the future? That would be a fascinating conversation, if only because no one else will understand a word of it.

Are we going to see the Lily confront the Dursleys in the story again? I mean, she never really cared for them one way or the other, but some resolution will be nice. I would love a cameo by the muggle therapist as well -- poor doctor was utterly bamboozled by Lily and then had his mind wiped.
Luna will be showing up eventually, actually probably fairly soon if my estimating of chapters is actually on point (sometimes I'm grossly wrong about this but that's usually in the case where one shots turn into twenty chapter long fics.) At any rate Luna will be around, I don't think she'll ever be a main character (i.e. Lily, Wizard Lenin) but she'll be a strong side character at the very least. Also, I think I would be murdered if I ended without her showing up, that's half the reason I think people read the fic.

Lily will confront the Dursleys eventually, I really don't have a time estimate for this one though, just that it will take a while for them to make an appearance again but the thought is that she will at least see them one more time.

As for Dr. Alfred Mitchell, I have no guarantees for him. If I can fit him in, yes, but it'd probably only be once or twice more if at all.

I write with a vague outline so sometimes small details like these are only decided as I'm writing a particular chapter. So this is about as detailed as I can get with those answers for now.
The Carnivorous Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:41 PM   #48
NuScorpii
Professor

So we have the final confrontation with Quirrel.

I think overall it was great, but I felt something a little off about Lily in the first half of the chapter. She felt sort of more normal. I'm not sure if it was intended, but it was pretty strange to read.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:20 PM   #49
Stan
Order Member

Updated.

Bit of a filler chapter really, but still quite enjoyable for what it was. I am slightly disappointed that we're going back to canon events with the chamber and all instead of a full blown AU, but I guess too many things were left unresolved at Hogwarts for Lily not to come back.

Overall, nice update. Wizard Lenin is angry, Death is mysterious, Rabbit is creepy, Frank is exasperated and Lily is awesome, so all is right in the world. Its a shame Lily's going back to her Elanor Potter persona when I want to see more of Lily Riddle, but I'm guessing both Lily Riddle and the Time Travel thing will come up more in the future, so I'll be happy with this for now.

Also, what happened to the Philosopher stone? I sit going to be significant later on in the plot, or is its role in the story over? Is Wizard Lenin destined to be body-less forever?
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 04-15-2015, 08:56 AM   #50
Stan
Order Member

Updated with a new chapter :

In which Lily and Frank make a brief pit-stop in France, Nicolas Flamel reveals a deep and terrifying secret, and Wizard Lenin loses all faith in humanity again.

Fun chapter, with Flamel being introduced and all. There is some mystery regarding Flamel and the stone, and it will be interesting to see it explored more later on, presumably when Lily travels back in time -- something that has been hinted at for a while now.

I am pretty sure the whole stone business will be shelved, now that Lily met Flamel. Will Wizard Lenin look to alternate sources for his body? I have a feeling that the search for Lenin's body would somehow lead to the promised time-travel arc. Can't wait for that part.

Also, I'm pretty sure I was the 1800th reviewer for the story, so I might get a gift oneshot. Any ideas?
Old 04-15-2015, 09:19 AM   #51
NuScorpii
Professor

How about a crossover oneshot? I don't think there have been any of those.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #52
Stan
Order Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuScorpii View Post
How about a crossover oneshot? I don't think there have been any of those.
Hmmm, I was thinking of a sequel to the Wrong Boy-who-lived one. A crossover, you say? Lily is overpowered for most worlds, and the crossover depends on the author's knowledge of the cross anyway. Anything more specific?
Old 04-15-2015, 09:35 AM   #53
NuScorpii
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Hmmm, I was thinking of a sequel to the Wrong Boy-who-lived one. A crossover, you say? Lily is overpowered for most worlds, and the crossover depends on the author's knowledge of the cross anyway. Anything more specific?
Well, I was thinking LoTR, perhaps Lily interacting with Sauron?

On the other hand, the sequel is also a great idea. I'd forgotten about that.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 04-19-2015, 11:57 AM   #54
Hero of Stupidity
Seventh Year
Villain of Sensibility

DLP Supporter Donor Star
High Score: 3,172
I started reading it and got till chapter 17. The whole jumping around in time writing makes it confusing, the plot moves at glacial pace, there seems to be no purpose to the story, just Lily(and the author) making slightly funny observation about the world. I had the feeling that I was readin Stanislaw Lems Cyberadia mixed with Discworld. Makes my teeth hurt.

3/5
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 04-26-2015, 07:54 AM   #55
Ferdiad
Auror

The 1800th review chapter is up. Fucking great, I enjoy it more than the actual story.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 04-26-2015, 09:49 AM   #56
Stan
Order Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
The 1800th review chapter is up. Fucking great, I enjoy it more than the actual story.
It was really good. It is much faster paced than the original story, for one. Much more serious too. It actually reads like a story, while the main fic reads more like an episodic television show. I can't wait to see where the author goes with this.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 04-28-2015, 09:49 AM   #57
Ferdiad
Auror

Another chapter for that one is out.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1109158...lled-Purgatory
Old 04-28-2015, 10:44 PM   #58
Nazgus
Auror

Fourth and final chapter is up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
"Be my friend, motherfucker!" Naruto howled, slamming the rasengan into Gaara's face.
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."

-Stephen King
Nazgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 3 thumbs up
Old 04-29-2015, 04:26 AM   #59
Stan
Order Member

Loved the mini-fic. Fast paced, well characterized and engaging right from the beginning of the story. Voldemort giving away Tom's secret to Ellie was a powerful moment. Slightly confused by the ending, but the journey was awesome enough that I don't really care. 5/5 from me.
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 04-29-2015, 11:41 PM   #60
Mutton
High Inquisitor

Yeah, the minific was awesome. I think I enjoyed it more than the main story even, but that's probably because it really moved at a swift pace which the main story is feeling a bit sluggish at times
Mutton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate universe, author: the carnivorous muffin, fem!harry, humor