Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > The Alternates
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 05-30-2016, 06:31 AM   #41
Mike Average
Muggle

I might be biased. But I like this fic. And I like time travel stories. But I think it was great! Just not extremely. But it's about a time traveling Harry So, Yeah. It got me reading into another great unspeakable Harry fic by ENSIGN. But, Enough about that. It's time for the review. My favorite part was when Harry beat a couple death eaters while drunk.
And when Harry said Nicholas was his Dad. Quality lowers from there being only 5 chapters. Plus chapter four being confusing and is one of the bad chapters in my opinion. There was good grammar. Some funny James and Sirius moments and Cool Harry. But being only 5 chapters. It leaves me there waiting impatiently for the next chapter. So. I rate it 4/10 until it gets better.
Mike Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:53 AM   #42
Download
Minister for Magic

DLP Supporter Donor Star
So, this updated and all we got was a "sorry I haven't written anything message".

I'm going to assume the story is dead.
Download is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:04 AM   #43
yak

DLP Supporter Donor Star
The author specifically said that "WTT isn't abandoned. No bullshit. I've written a good chunk of the story already, but unless you want me to just post the conclusion, you guys are gonna have to wait a bit longer.

Hopefully I can put some stuff out for you guys relatively soon, and I'm sorry this isn't the next chapter you were waiting for."

Emphasis is mine.

A non-update doesn't really merit discussion. That said, the story is now at risk of being deleted for violating ff.net policy.
yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:31 PM   #44
Peter North
Supreme Mugwump

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak View Post
The author specifically said that "WTT isn't abandoned. No bullshit. I've written a good chunk of the story already, but unless you want me to just post the conclusion, you guys are gonna have to wait a bit longer.
The way you say this. Are you the author of this fic Yak?
Yer a wizard 'arry. First we'll get yeh wand and then they'll be the sortin' - Good fun, tha'. Then it's off to Liberia to transfigure Ebola-stained bedsheets into treacle tart... Ohh shouldna told yeh that. Should NOT have told yeh that. ~ Vlad
Peter North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:37 PM   #45
The Iron Rose
Unspeakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter North View Post
The way you say this. Are you the author of this fic Yak?
Are you literally thirteen?
The Iron Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 08-12-2016, 10:39 PM   #46
Peter North
Supreme Mugwump

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Rose View Post
Are you literally thirteen?
Oops. Looking back at that my post really is stupid. This would be a time where I wish I could completely delete my own posts.
Yer a wizard 'arry. First we'll get yeh wand and then they'll be the sortin' - Good fun, tha'. Then it's off to Liberia to transfigure Ebola-stained bedsheets into treacle tart... Ohh shouldna told yeh that. Should NOT have told yeh that. ~ Vlad
Peter North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:21 PM   #47
yak

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter North View Post
I wish I could completely delete my own posts.
No, your shame must live forever!
yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 10-13-2016, 01:26 AM   #48
Ravenlark
Squib

I find this to be rather amusing and somewhat clever. So many of the time travel stories have Harry moping eternally or trying to reform Dumbledore or Snape or even Lord Voldemort. Here he is just kicking ass. I know the author said it wasn't abandoned but it has been ages since it has been updated.
Ravenlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:28 AM   #49
Pathtoreading
Squib

While some others have disliked the whole 'Unspeakable Secret Agent' bit - I find it quite likely that a wizarding country as old as Britain would have a secret society dedicated to preserving the status quo and dealing with threats to all of Magic.
In the same way as MI-5 and MI-6 are supposed to split their jurisdictions, I can also imagine that their hands are tied when operating on British soil...

That said, this fanfiction has continued to be a guilty pleasure read for me - one that I hope will update soon, but will gladly wait for.
Pathtoreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:51 PM   #50
Rising galium knight
Squib

Harry is an alcoholic,a witty and sarcastic guy in this story. Him being a super secret, super elite field agent is a bit cliche. Though I gotta say I loved Nicholas Flamel being the head of Unspeakables. Very few fanfics showcase him as anything but the creator of philosopher stone and you guys have to admit his'Dragon' persona was certainly impressive.
Rising galium knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:54 PM   #51
Starheart
Squib

I actually rather liked this story and I hope the author posts soon. I like how Amelia Bones is portrayed and given the limelight in this; I always thought the Bones family were interesting and should have been included more in canon.

If the author has enough time to post another chapter, I hope it touches more on Harry and his interactions with the live Potters, James possibly meeting him and more time with him and Lily.

The humor sometimes got kind of repetitive and Harry seems a bit too much like a supergod at some points, but the story's interesting, so I'd probably rate it a 4/5 stars.
Starheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:53 PM   #52
smaxxx
Squib

I actually rather like this fic, but then again I think I'm easy to please. I think Amalia Bones as a character is pretty interesting when it's not used as the 'she becomes minister after Fudge is ousted'.

One of the things that I don't like is how Flamel reacts when he hears Voldemort has Horcruxes. Because if that's how he reacts he should also react like that in the Future since the Unspeakebles would probably have investigated how Voldemort came back to life after about 13 years.

4/5 for me so far
smaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #53
Cnr456
Squib

This story is only good if you're looking to read the specific cliche. Super Harry goes back in time, kicks ass and doesn't take names because he knows them all already. At the same time at least the author puts some effort into developing characters, in addition to the drama with the Potter family could be interesting. The fight scenes in this fic are my favorite part of it, they're simply engaging to read and put you in the moment. Hopefully not abandoned but not keeping my fingers crossed.
Cnr456 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, author: private jenkins, humor, time travel, timetravel