Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Great Hall > Announcements
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 01-01-2016, 01:12 AM   #1
Jon
Administrator
The Ḑ͉͙̫̑̂ͮ̎̍͒̽̉̆̀ͅȇ̱̯̘̖̾͐͐͂͢m̴̢͙̟̤̤̝̍ͫ͂̏̒́͘o̒n

Send a message via Skype™ to Jon
New Years Retributions

In September we instituted a new policy regarding WbA requiring accounts have a set number of posts before they were able to access it. At the time we encouraged users to report people who were 'Shit Posting' to gain access.

It has been 3 months since then and while the majority of new users have displayed the correct behavior and provided posts that contributed to the discussions in the various threads, there have been instances where users have been blatant in their attempt to reach the required post count in order to access WbA and in doing so provided nothing of value—and more oft then not, causing threads to degrade.

Work by Author is a forum designed to connect Authors with Readers who have the intent of providing valuable feedback.

Users who 'shit post' in order to access the forum demonstrate a blatant inability to contribute to the forum at large, and thus clearly do not possess the attributes required to fulfill this.

Rather than permanently removing the users in question from the forum, we will be instituting a 'infraction' level which will remove their ability to access WbA for an unspecified duration, during which, if their behavior does not improve, they will receive full forum bans for duration ranging from a month, to a permanent ban.

We appreciate everyone who does not fall into this category and look forward to the new year and all that it will bring.

FFN Profile || WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB || Patronus

"Jon's fics are kinda like children in a way.
Bright, pretty, smart—children that any father would kill to have.
And he just tells them he needs to buy a pack of cigarettes."

—Lungs, 2015
Jon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:13 PM   #2
dveth
Squib

I'd just like to say that I really like the change. I came back to this site after an absence to find out about the change and I didn't like it. Then, while trying to contribute to the site, I realized how great it was. I actually read through some posts that I otherwise wouldn't, and was forced to actually think and come up with decent replies. And this policy of infraction levels is a great fix for the 'shit post' problem, while keeping the original intent of the policy perfectly intact.
dveth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:00 PM   #3
mike.x.cao
Squib

I like the change. It filters out the users who genuinely want to give feedback from those who just want to get to the fics. It also forces people to look at other parts of the forums, and post there.
mike.x.cao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:16 AM   #4
Innomine
High Inquisitor

DLP Supporter Donor Star
High Score: 4,500
Send a message via AIM to Innomine Send a message via MSN to Innomine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dveth View Post
I'd just like to say that I really like the change. I came back to this site after an absence to find out about the change and I didn't like it. Then, while trying to contribute to the site, I realized how great it was. I actually read through some posts that I otherwise wouldn't, and was forced to actually think and come up with decent replies. And this policy of infraction levels is a great fix for the 'shit post' problem, while keeping the original intent of the policy perfectly intact.
I find it ironic and extremely hilarious that this guy is banned.
Innomine is offline   Reply With Quote