Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > The Alternates
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 07-21-2016, 06:52 PM   #21
throwaawy
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel View Post
Not that any of the characterizations are strictly in tune with canon's, but Danzo's was especially glaring.
clearly danzo couldnt last for two minutes before he was Lee-ified
throwaawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:36 PM   #22
Dark Minion
Bright Minion

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel View Post
Eh, Danzo isn't as old as the author thinks, he'd be around his forties in this place of the timeline, and his voice sounded off. Storming off and bitching about her to 'rethink her choices' doesn't seem in character, he's more of the type to force her in a situation where she has little choice but to follow him. Not that any of the characterizations are strictly in tune with canon's, but Danzo's was especially glaring.

Still, it was a good chapter.
Was that actually canon!Danz or was it intended to be his father or something?

I can't recall that canon!Danzo was part of the civilian council.

Looking for a fandom?

Dark Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:46 PM   #23
Zel
Groundskeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Minion View Post
civilian council.
Ugh.

I think the author meant Danzo himself. IIRC the Sandaime, who is in the same age group as Danzo, is constantly complaining that he's 'too old for this bullshit', and he'd be around his forties as well. Well, the author himself stated that his knowledge of Naruto comes from reading fanfiction, so a few errors here and there are expected.
Zel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:23 PM   #24
throwaawy
Second Year

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12075866/1/Becoming-Minako

a new oneshot spinoff of the spinoff of the spinoff...

i have no words for this one so i'll just borrow Lee's universal fallback:

The Will of Fire
throwaawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 08-01-2016, 09:37 AM   #25
kinetique
Groundskeeper

I think the Naruto offshoot is actually better then the original. Author really came into their own writing this.
kinetique is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 08-01-2016, 12:16 PM   #26
CheddarTrek
Set Phasers to Melt

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetique View Post
I think the Naruto offshoot is actually better then the original. Author really came into their own writing this.
I left them a review with more or less this sentiment, and explained why I felt that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarTrek
This is great fun - Can't wait to keep reading. I admit I've started to enjoy this one a bit more than the pure HP version. I think it's the forced concept of "Team" in the Narutoverse that works so well for me here. Ellie hasn't got a Minato/Jiraiya/Orochimaru/Tobirama equivalent in the HP version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Author
Glad you enjoy it. I guess the difference is that the supporting cast here versus the other fic is more involved and... supportive I suppose. In the other one it is mostly Lily against the world with Wizard Lenin thrown in every once in a while. But no, there's no Minato/Jiraiya/Orochimaru/Tobirama equivalent in the other.
Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe than time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important how we lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal.
~Jean-Luc Picard

CheddarTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:32 PM   #27
Nazgus
Unspeakable

Updated.

Definitely agree that this spinoff has ended up being better than the original work, the characters have a much greater ability to act as a foil for Lee in interesting ways.

Big fan of Dead Last embracing his new role as the Avatar Translator, the great bridge between this world, and the Spirit World Lee's world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
"Be my friend, motherfucker!" Naruto howled, slamming the rasengan into Gaara's face.
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."

-Stephen King
Nazgus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:47 PM   #28
Ferdiad
Auror

Yeah, the main story lacks someone like Minato, he's my favourite character in this one by far.
Ferdiad is online now   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up

Tags
adventure, alternate universe, author: the carnivorous muffin, crossover, friendship, humor, naruto