Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > The Alternates
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 10-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #21
Marie M
Raptured to Hell

Yes, Very promising.

I am surprised that it is so welcomed here though, it's not something DLP usually aproves of, the style is kind of different?
Marie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:05 PM   #22
Sporangia
First Year

What's wrong with a different style?
Edit: Sorry, I thought you implied something that you didn't.

Anyway I read through this and at first it seemed rather confusing, what with the 'Heinrich' and all that but it soon became fascinating and the world is very interesting. Harry's shown intelligence in figuring out things like at the at WYRA (memory charms and such), which is great.

New Chapter. I didn't quite like the confrontation between Harry and Snape though the scene between Voldemort's groupies was fairly intruiguing and hints at what's to come. The Taboo from DH has come into play. How shall the drama unfold.

Last edited by Sporangia; 10-20-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Sporangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #23
Marie M
Raptured to Hell

Quote:
What's wrong with a different style?
I never said that anything was wrong with it.
Marie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:39 PM   #24
eXcalite
Seventh Year

It has been updated..twice
Old 11-03-2007, 02:07 AM   #25
Drake
Seventh Year

Send a message via AIM to Drake
Interesting scene between Voldemort and Harry. And next chapter we get to see how the rest of Hogwarts responds to his return, and Whitehall and Morgenson's disappearence. I hope the story continues to be interesting.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:18 AM   #26
Mors
Order Member

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Yes, yes... good story, hopefully worth it since I've been following it for months... but what about the Remus/Sirius hot jungle werewolf sex?

Only it's been implied by Snape... so I hope he continues his record as a lying fucktard. I don't mind minor slash much, but this has been done to death. And the way Harry thinks about the possibility of James being gay... or am I misinterpreting here?
Old 12-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #27
Drake
Seventh Year

Send a message via AIM to Drake
The new chapter finally has him start his second year, and we're introduced to a new character (who in my opinion seems 10x more interesting than Harry). The foreseeable Harry/Ginny interactions are slightly nauseating, but at least the author has said that the story will not likely be Harry/Ginny.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:00 PM   #28
The Fine Balance
Headmaster

Send a message via MSN to The Fine Balance Send a message via Yahoo to The Fine Balance
Don't bitch about the H/G... Ginny is constructed well, from the little we've seen of her.

The Sirius/Remus is a bit cliched though, but so have many parts in the story and the author has pulled them off reasonably well.

4/5

"Like that it shouldn't be for emergencies?" Willow said wryly.

"Like that they would have any interest in me instead of each other," he said with a wink. He started making coffee. "Ah, youth."
The Fine Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:48 AM   #29
Neo2b
First Year

It stopped being interesting for me the moment a Weasley appeared at a Malfoy christmas ball.
Neo2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:43 PM   #30
Cxjenious
Supreme Mugwump

Voldemort is one slick bastard. He's awakened the diary to help bring Harry over to his way of thinking.
Cxjenious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #31
SerDel
Third Year

Great story, does anybody found similarities with Aldous Huxley's Brave New World book? This fic contains anti utopia, it is original and at this point it is hard to tell what plot will be (which is certainly an good thing)
5/5
SerDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:17 AM   #32
Renzhoulawyers
Sent Back to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taure View Post
My review for chapter 12:

His reply:

He missed my point a bit - I wasn't asking for Harry to have "more magic" than in canon (ignoring for a moment my lack of belief in such magical theory) - I was asking for Harry to have a greater intellect than in canon, more creativity, independant thinking, less dependance on other people (Hermione, Dumbledore, etc). Due to the differences in the way that Harry has grown up I don't think that this is unreasonable.

Now, I understand the need for a realistic Harry, but the point of fanfiction is that we are allowed to change things that we were dissatisfied with in canon. We can make Harry more talented than in canon without going overboard and making him more powerful than Dumbledore at age 11. A realistic progression of magical development is good. However, I want my main character to have at least a shadow of competence, and a hope for true talent in the future. In other words, I'm not expecting an 11-year-old Harry to have Dumbledore's magical prowess, but instead to have the equivalent of an 11-year-old Dumbledore's magic prowess and promise, give or take a bit.

Harry's talent is my greatest disappointment from canon, and the thing that I'd like to see changed the most. After all, what's the point in changing Harry's situation, past and even the structure of the world that he lives in if he himself stays exactly the same?

The fact that Harry is going to be a talentless loser in this fic has dropped my estimation of it considerably.
and pray, did you send him your thoughts via a PM?
Renzhoulawyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:45 PM   #33
Kang
Minister for Magic

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Finally a fic which shows the brilliance of the Dark Lord. In too many fics you have Harry outwitting him. I would much prefer a struggle for control then a one sided battle.
Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #34
Oz
Migos Enthusiast

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via MSN to Oz
Ney chapter has been posted if anyone didn't know, and it looks like updates will pick up to their previous pace.

Harry's reaction to finding the body was handled beautifully. It seemed he was having flashbacks to finding his mothers body (she was killed by burglars, wasn't she?), and the way Snape reacted to Harry was priceless.

Overall, it's a really good story, and I'd give it 4.5/5

Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:43 AM   #35
malwastyle
First Year

I have attempted to read this story several times before and I just couldn't get past the first few paragraphs when "heinrich" appeared. Today I was desperate for a good read, and with shezza neglecting here faithful :P I tried this story again.

I have to admit though I cheated a bit and skipped the prologue. I am glad I did, the writing is wonderful, the plot is original, the pace of the story is beautiful and characterization is well done (no mary-sues). I'm only on ch11 right now, and I usually don't enjoy "young" harry fics but this might just break the norm.

Ill holla back when I get through some more!

Hehe just read ch 12, i thought the "burning" sensation in harrys lap was an std!

Last edited by malwastyle; 02-22-2008 at 12:52 AM.
malwastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:19 AM   #36
Andro
Master of Death

DLP Supporter Donor Star
This is up to the third year, and 46 chapters. I think this will be the first decent septology to ever reach completion.

The random German at the beginning kept defeating me over and over and over again whenever I attempted to read, but when the backstory of the AU unfolded, I found this to be very well-imagined.

What I like most is that the author's interpretation of a Britain under Voldemort's rule is strict and aloof, but not a hell on earth scenario, in-line with IP82's interpretation in "Renegade State".

5/5 material right here.

Baby.
Andro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:54 PM   #37
Mors
Order Member

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromalius View Post
This is up to the third year, and 46 chapters. I think this will be the first decent septology to ever reach completion.
I feel obliged to protest. The Sacrifices Arc was a helluva lot better, and it finished. Even though it was gay. :P

But yeah, this one's decent enough, and doesn't slide to midless drudgery much despite its length and time-span. I'd award it 4.5/5 if it ever reaches completion.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:01 AM   #38
LuxDragon
Fourth Year

History is written by the winners. This story definitely expands on that. 4/5 with more potential.
LuxDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:11 AM   #39
The Dark Monarch
Backtraced

I enjoyed the werewolf scenes especially with deceptive luna almost getting him.
The Dark Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #40
Andro
Master of Death

DLP Supporter Donor Star
O_o

Luna's in the fic?

I already gave it a 5/5, lulz.
Andro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate universe, author:mizuni-sama, harry/luna, slytherin!ron, voldemort is awesome