1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

‘Game of Thrones’ Prequel Series ‘House of the Dragon’

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Dekazon, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Dekazon

Dekazon Squib

High Score:
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/game-of-thrones-prequel-house-of-the-dragon-hbo-1203387420/

Interesting. Looks like that Long Night prequel was axed for this. Probably the safest choice for a prequel, honestly. Seems it's going to work up from Valyria/Aegon's Conquest rather than straight up covering the Dance, which may be good or really bad. Some parts of Fire & Blood lore are gutter-quality.

Seems like it's still unsure how much a part GRRM will play in producing this.

2. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh, look, yet another thing GRRM is doing that's not writing his fucking book.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I would have preferred the Long Night prequel to get some fulfilling explanations for some of the magicky stuff that GoT S8 totally fucking dropped the ball on. But I'm guessing George hasn't actually written fulfilling explanations for any of that, so I suppose yes, this is safer.

4. Celestin

Celestin The Cursed Child

The Long Night from the moment of its announcement was a rather bold project with very little connections to established elements of GoT. And now with all the excitement for this world gone after the lacking finale, HBO probably wanted something they can openly promote before they even cast anyone, giving fans something to speculate about.