1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Unexpected Events by zakairen - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by scottpesj1, Oct 2, 2005.

1. scottpesj1

scottpesj1 Guest

Title: Unexpected events
    Author: zakairen
    Rating: T
    Category: Action/Adventure
    Summary: Arriving back at Privet Drive for the summer after fifth year, Harry gets some shocking news. No more Dursleys? Independant!Harry and Dumbledore bashing. AU because HBP. No spoilers.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2346393/1/

EDIT by Vash

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Great... wonderful... ill have to read it later... poit is.. next time please read positng format before submiting stories... it helps the posters and admis greatly... there are rules for a reason! follow them for effing sake!! >_<

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Unexpected Events by zakairen

If I recall correctly, this is a very 'dark but wussy light side' fic, and the author mentioned doing seperate slash and het sequels. If you have read enough slash authors 'shipless' fics, you will probably agree they still write very unrealistic characters. I'm not dissing the fic, I just thought some ppl might want to know. i did find a lot of it unrealistic besides the characters, including a sudden 'accidentally' aquired time-turner that can do huge time jumps (much more than the few hours i canon at least). Harry redecorates the entire house withut the Order noticing... yea...

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I think I read this a little while ago and didnt get that far in. Cant really remember but I know i've attempted to read it.

5. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

This is an OK story. Nothing exceptional, and its a worse version of RossWrock's story in a lot of ways. Eh, oh well. Most stories suck anyway, I've begun to find.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Good story but with too many wood-shop descriptions.

I mean, it's like Harry will have to face Voldemort in "the best interior decorator contest", instead of magical duel to death.

7. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Pretty much your average Independent!Harry fic.

The starting idea had quite a lot of potential, but the first chapters were somewhat clumsily done.

I almost stopped reading after the cringe-worthy Diagon Alley parts, an left a highly critical review here. I'm glad I didn't do that however, because the last four chapters or so were pretty solid, if not without problems prominent to this genre.

I'll round the rating up, mostly for the Guilty Pleasure factor. Take a look at this one if you're really bored, and still have some patience for clichéd Post-OoTP fics.

3/5

8. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

Chapter 1:Well, it starts with a rather boring recap of Harry's life to date, but then Rowling kinda set the precedence for that...

Either this is a very generic start, or I've read this fic before, once long ago, when I was very noob...

ya, pretty sure I've read this one before, it is an oldie after all.

-Frowns-

Chapter 3: Weepy Harry sucks, if I remember right he pulls out of that phase pretty damn fast though as does Listmaker!Harry.

Right, I don't have the patience to re-read it I remember that I like it quite a lot the first time I read it, and the couple chapters I did re-read here tell me I probably would again, thing is, it's boring to read stories that your already know.

Postairity demands a four, but honestly I saw nothing really outstanding in the couple of chapters I read so that score gets docked. Call it a 3.8 or so.

(4/5)

9. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

Pretty much this. Guilty Pleasure factor raises it from 2.5/5 to 3/5. Also, is it weird for this to be in both the Recycling Bin and the Neglected Stories List?