1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned HP and the Son of The Dragon by DarkBlade_The_Damned - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Giovanni, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Title: Harry Potter and the Son of The Dragon.
    Author: DarkBlade_The_Damned
    Rating: T
    Genre: Supernatural/Horror
    Chapters: 13
    Words: 183,426
    Updated: April 14, 2012
    Published: November 7, 2004

Pairings: None Yet.
    TimeFrame: AU starting directly after OOTP
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2125016/1/

Summary: Chapter 8 now up! Now AU from HBP. At the begining of his Sixth Year Harry is rescued from Voldemort by a Vampire. As he learns more about the vampire and the Mysterious order he serves Harry is faced with a choice that will forever change his perception

Review: Well written, of decent length and a WIP. There are a couple things here that I have seen before, but it is well done. It has a fairly high powered Harry and there are 1 or two WTF?!? moments in it, but overall it is decent. With all that said it is one of the more original (if one can use that term for fanfiction) fanfics that I have seen recently. Definately worth the read.

Edit: C'mon Gio, I expect this of newcomers. Proper posting format! - srispg
    Checked by Minion, July. 28, 2016

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
  2. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

link . . . .

3. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Would help I suppose... *smacks Gio round the head with a rolling pin*

4. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

5. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

whoopsie... I kinda forgot to post that tiny little detail.

Its not my fault honest, my single solitary brain cell is to busy trying to figure out how to keep me breating and typing at the same time... You can't expect it to remember to do things like post links...

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Hahaha.

This sounds alright, might have to check it out. Wonder if it will become a Vampire!Harry story.

7. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Original he say's? well then might just have to check this fic out. I dont know about these vamipe Harry story's, haven't had good expirences so far?!

8. Lord Necros

Lord Necros Slug Club Member

I think I will give this oebn a read, If it turns slash iw ould have to slowly kill the author. ABSOLUTE CRAP I HATE IT

9. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

The author writes the spells wrong, but other than that, I find it pretty decent.

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I tried reading it but it just couldn't hold my attention. Writting style and characterisation were OK, but something about it was just putting me off. It could have been vampires (I don't like them in HP stories), could have been Harry getting pushed around, could have been the existance of some mysterious higher dark forces/god leading the acters, instead of their own free will... Whatever it was, it made me stop reading this story.

11. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Yeah it didnt really hold my attention all that well, but even good fics dont hold my attention to well anymore... Mostly because when I am reading them I am usually thinking about the 5-10 pages paper I am not writing.

12. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

I found the story to be alright, but nothing amazing. Still not a bad read though

13. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

Half a year old thread. Why post, when the story hasn't been updated in more then half a year?

14. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

I have to agree that it just cant hold my attention, despite its ok writing style and somewhat intreresting plot. I dont quite know what it is, only that I had to struggle to finish reading the chapters...

15. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Story was updated 3/5/2010 if anyone is still following it.

16. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

The story is alright, but somehow does not keep me hooked

17. Kilnpeople

Kilnpeople First Year

This story is ridiculously slow-paced and rather dull....combined with the slow update rate I say 2/5. The writing itself isn't bad but it seems like 150 000 words is a bit much seeing as very little has actually happened.

18. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Is this the story where Harry can store weapons inside his limbs? It was sort of interesting when I first read it, but I remember being disappointed that it wasn't being updated. I think it was about half a year ago, I am undecided if I need to reread it or not to be able to understand what will happen in the new chapter. I first came across it because I was searching for vampire!harry stories (and still am) and this was on the search so I read it. It was decent if you are into that sort of thing, but it had some originality to it, such as the werewolf fight scene.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  19. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

The fight scenes in this story are pretty awesome. Everything else is alright, but nothing to write home about. And yeah, this is the one where he has a Darksteel knife hidden in his forearm.

From what the author says at the bottom of the new chapter, I don't expect this fic to be updated for another six months.

20. AcheronBlake

AcheronBlake Squib

I really enjoy reading HP and the Son of the Dragon. It's well written and has a lot going on in it. Especially the way Harry was 'powered up'. It wasn't over the top, let's make him an uber!vamp with thousands of years of knowledge and godlike intellect. The process is happening slow and I like the way he has changed as his result of his bond with the vampire.
    3/5, juts because of the slow update