1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

500 for 500

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Nuhuh, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box Prestige

High Score:
    Fantastic achievement, Zenzao. You should be proud! I haven't read everything you've put up by a long shot, but I'm always impressed by what I do read.

2. Lindsey

Lindsey Headmaster DLP Supporter

This thread should be renamed to Zenzao's Writing Club as his achievements are incredible.

Due to his perseverance, it motivated me to start writing again. I started with weekly updates to the old 500 club, moved to the 750words.com, and ended up joining the HPFF private writing club to meet weekly goals. I even opened my own private HP discord for active writers (including Taure, Bobika, Oil on the Canvas and more) to help us all motivate each other. Lastly, I successfully completed the National Writing Month.

Unlike Zenzao, I did not strive for 500 words a day but instead a weekly goal. Because of this, I often forgot to update my 500 club thread (and because I was the only one), even though I was, and have been, writing. It doesn't help that the club is quite dead, and hates me pasting from Google Docs.

Here are some of my statistics:
    Longest Streak: 35 days
    Most Written in a Week: 6935
    Total Words: 156,385

Almost all of that word count is towards my unpublished fanfiction tentatively called The Subtle Darkness. Much of early 2018 writing was thrown away and rewritten, with the story being 61,258 words thus far. My goal is to publish it in early 2020.

I will admit the last two months have been rough, with my writing reaching it's lowest point this year. With the loss of my job and being unable to find another, I have been massively depressed. I've learned I need to be out and about (and have a functioning life), for me to want to write. I'm hoping by posting this, it will be a reminder to myself of what I can accomplish if I keep writing.

Once again, I'd like to thank @Zenzao as without him, I would have never gotten this far.

3. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige DLP Supporter

Lost within a thousand worlds of written wit.
    High Score:
    I am so incredibly proud of you right now, @Lindsey. Bravo! I know that you'll get back on your feet in the other parts of your life too. Keep it up.