1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

9/11 a conspiracy? Ahmadinejad thinks so!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Aekiel, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
  2. Clerith

Clerith Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Yeah, why is he still a president? I'm seriously amazed at his stupidity.

3. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

meh, I don't think he is a stupid individual. There was an interesting article to this regard somewhere. The fact is that he probably has some sort of ulterior political motive in making these sorts of speeches. I doubt he actually believes in what he is saying.

4. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

He's the ultimate troll. It goes no further than that

5. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

North Korea is better.

6. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Ahmadinejad made America and all of the EU agree unanimously on something. That's impressive.

7. Lyndon Eye

Lyndon Eye Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

poo. ran out of thumbs ups couldn't finish the pattern. :(

8. Innomine

Innomine Auror Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yup, this guy is a troll. (Yes, i'm actually using the word)

Seriously, the guy just loves controversy. There is nothing else too it.

9. disturbed27

disturbed27 Professor

Yeah a few years back he held a meeting for rabbi holocaust deniers. It was some fucked up shit.

Guy is totally a troll.

10. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    While I've always been amused by this conspiracy, along with the Neoconservative platform manifesto, there is literally nothing but far-fetched speculation and crazy to support the theory.

It seems Ahmadinejad has both of those in spades, what with his history. He needs a good sniper bullet in his brain, though the guy who takes over for him probably won't be much better.

11. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

Ellisande has once more confused "Has their own opinion" with "troll".

I mean, wut?

>_>

12. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

While he was speaking Obama should have just snuck up behind him and took his Quran.

13. Innomine

Innomine Auror Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    /yawn

If you're gonna try to turn something back at me, at least have the fucking sense to do it properly you retard.

Ahmadinejad isn't stupid, he's saying that shit to piss off the rest of the people there, and it's working. Thus, he fits the definition of troll.

Unlike someone coming in and saying that they enjoy reading gay buttsex without having realized that we are vehemently anti slash, thus just posting their opinion.

TLDR, you're a moron, fuck off.

14. Taure

Taure Magical Core Enthusiast Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It takes a special kind of mind to watch a large plane fly into a building, see the building burn for several hours, and then declare that the building had to have been brought down by explosives.

15. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just to be clear: I'm no 9/11 conspiracy nut, but as I've said before on this forum, I am not so quick to dismiss concerns with the official 9/11 narrative, articles in Popular Mechanics aside. (One cannot discuss the subject without someone bringing that article up, as if it somehow lays to rest every conceivable doubt).

I think we all agree that it's nutty to believe--and even nuttier to state publicly as as Ahmadinejad did--that it was all a staged, Zionist, one-world-order event. We can all have a good laugh at him for being a nut or, as is maybe more interesting, wonder how he could make such claims. He's an elected official. Elected officials aren't allowed to be crazy without a crazy base propping them up. (This is why the U.S. has the Tea Party).

One tower burned for less than an hour before it collapsed, the other for about an hour and a half. According to the report of the 9/11 commission, several eyewitnesses, including police and emergency workers, reported hearing explosions in the bases of each tower just before collapse. The nature of these explosions, if they indeed happened (and some seismic data would seem to support their claims), has never been determined.

If by "entertain the hypothesis that more than the planes may have been at work that day," then perhaps I have (or once have had) that "special kind of mind" as well. I wouldn't go public with claims of some huge conspiracy (no real evidence exists supporting such claims) as Ahmadinejad has done, but I wouldn't immediately discount such evidence were it produced.

Perhaps by "hours," you are confusing how long planes were permitted to fly on deviant flight paths in the busiest air space in the world without a single fighter jet scrambling to make a cockpit visual, the first step in official NORAD response to such activity? The FAA and NORAD were found later to have destroyed key transcripts/tapes of what went on that day. It's not a proof of anything, but it fuels suspicions by men such as Ahmadinejad.

Set aside his crazy for a moment and look at it from the standpoint of expediency: it was literally everything the Bush administration's Neoconservatives could have dreamed of. Arguably no event in history (with the exception, perhaps, of the Pearl Harbor attacks) was as convenient for those in power. Bush and Cheney testified to the 9/11 commission behind closed doors and without being under oath. In the end, nobody was determined to be at fault for enabling the attacks. How convenient. How could anyone who instinctively distrusts the U.S. motives not wonder whether they staged it? (Hell, we still have folks claiming Roosevelt knew about the Pearl Harbor attacks or who dispute the Warren Commission Report on the JFK Assassination).

The manner in which the Bush administration controlled the narrative of the day's events gives the Ahmadinejads of the world plenty of fuel to fire their doubts. I don't buy his brand of crazy, but I can imagine how in a part of the world that saw the U.S. invade because of the events of 9/11 (Iraq's involvement was explicitly stated in the bill that authorized the use of force in Iraq), he could rally fellow travelers to such a banner.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  16. Taure

Taure Magical Core Enthusiast Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fair enough. But where you see unlikely coincidence, I see incompetence.

17. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman

Sorry, Ahmadinejad. You just never will top Kim Jong Il for Most Pants-On-Head Crazy. You're looking promising for Most Offensive and Annoying, though.

18. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    Ahmadinejad is like that special kid in the room who just doesn't get it and says shit that pisses everybody off.

He comes into somebody else's house, called America, and beats 9/11 like a dead horse. This is the motherfucker who still throws around the words 'Zionist regime'.

That's so five years ago, if not more.

I guess that's why he's president of Iran, and not one of the cool countries, like anywhere else.

PS- I found this in the comments section of the Reuters article and had to share:

19. Blazzano

Blazzano Unspeakable

Agreed. In some ways, I think a grand evil conspiracy is more comfortable to some than generalized stupidity and incompetence. Human minds are adept at seeking out patterns, whether or not the patterns actually have any meaning. Stupidity is patternless and pervasive.

But IMO, stupidity is the thing most likely to lead our species to an early demise.

20. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

Dude, it was a joke. Of course he's just being a shit disturber. :facepalm

Edit:

To make things perfectly clear, I was just referencing your post. There's no need to 'turn it back at you' since you made a legitimate point, being that our dislike of Slash is simply a matter of opinion. It just wasn't what we were calling troll on at the time.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010