1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Change in History by Kinda-Mayvelle - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ulkser, Apr 22, 2006.

1. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

Title: A Change in History
    Author: Kinda-Mayvelle
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Suspense
    Pairing: i don't know but for now none.
    Chapters: 15
    Words: 55,364
    Updated: July 21, 2006
    Published: February 24, 2006

Summary: AU. Harry, neglected by his parents, runs away in the night. Who should find him, but Voldemort and his trusted familiar? Awakening in a strange place with the most feared Dark Wizard around, what becomes of our Harry? Read and find out!

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2816919/1/

well, the story have some cliches like harry's bro is thought to be chosen one while harry is, but it is well written and i like it. just have a look at it, 3 chapters so far, it won't take much time for you to read.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 26, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
  2. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

EXCELLENT!

It is VERY well written, however updates are rather slow for its size.

Oh and having Harry's brother being the BWL is one of those cliches that you just can't avoid - its a whole plotline. Its like saying Evil!Harry is cliche.

3. Scarty

Scarty Denarii Host DLP Supporter

So far I like the story, hope to see more of it, soon

4. mangaguy

mangaguy Guest

It's very good and I like your writing.
    Although your updates are slow but small.
    I would like to see some more of your writing.........

5. Myst

Myst Headmaster

You have a great story and writing style, just need length and faster updates.

6. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

i just wanna say that i don't own the story. i don't write it!!!!

i just came across it and post it here!!! those celebrations should go to its author. i have just send an email to writer informing about this site.

i have never been a good writer but i am not bad at being a beta.

7. daterza

daterza First Year

good beginning, waithing for more chapters before giving final.

8. tridentwatch

tridentwatch Looked into the void

Kinda crappy... He doesn't give enough description and info about his family, where they live, etc... ANd lily and james are so OC it disgusts me. An ok read, but there are way better fics out there.

9. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

How are Lily and James out of character? No, seriously, how? We see all of one scene featuring the two characters out of all six Harry Potter books to date. They can't be out of character, they don't have a character.

The story is actually quiet good. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

10. tridentwatch

tridentwatch Looked into the void

In canon dont we get those scenes where Hagrid or someone is saying to Harry - you are just like your father?

ANd lily did not go out with James until he toned down his arrogance right? That was in book 5 I think.

I think they have a character. And it is *extremely* unrealistic for one child to be loved and adored and the other ignored or neglected. I mean when Harry was lost they dont even notice! Usually both children are neglected or one is verbally(or pyshically) abused and the other is treated way better. In this story they just dont care. And besides do you seriously think that Voldemort will keep the chosen one in his residence? The one prophesized to defeat him? Wtf???

If I were Voldemort I would just crush harry's face with my boots and continue walking like nothing happend. SO what if Harry is parselmouth. All the more reason for Voldemort to kill Harry. No use having an upstart young slytherin heir trying to kill voldie for power.

Another thing: How did Harry get parselmouth powers? it did not get transfered or anything through the killing curse. And if this author does the whole heir of founders shit I swear I am gonna....

11. Ginny Killer 2.0

Ginny Killer 2.0 Third Year

right behind you breathing down your neck
    to late i beleive, i think it sayed that harrys mother was a slytherin decendent and thats y he couldnt kill him. that is if i remember this story right lol.

12. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

I have to say it is ALOT like darkly treachoruos by xxlostdreamsxx

13. Promios

Promios Fourth Year

Very nice!

14. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

the startin isn't all that original a bit like Darkly Treacherous and I see that Sepanto has mentioned that but it might improve with time.

15. scrappedcola

scrappedcola Guest

First off I think this is a really well written story. It's not as descriptive as I would like at times, however its still enjoyable. I don't think the comments on Harry being just like his father shouldn't be taken as his fathers true character. They were made by people biased to the individuals in question. Also There is nothing "usual" about any abuse case, as for the it being "extremely" unusual and that both children are abused is an untrue statement... haven't you ever read the bio "The boy called 'it'"? There are numerous other cases like it and unfortunately its not uncommon.

16. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

I like it very much, and it's not the usual cliche (as far as I have seen). I hope Harry will help to get LV back. If he suddenly turned to the light, I would be very disappointed.
    I liked the characters, LV is still the cruel Dark Lord and Malfoy a ponce. I also like that Snape constantly switches his views, much like I would have imagined.
    For the point on the Potters: I dont care where they lived, its not important to the story. What confused me a bit was the outright cruelty of the Potters. I'd have thought they would just neglect him by the descriptions. The reasons for the abuse were not thought out and couldnt convince me.

Ahh, and one last thing: I was confused in the beginning because of snow at his birthday, which was obviously still in the summer (reference to the Hogwarts invitations). The first chapter is probably the worst of it, it gets rapidly better after that.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  17. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

your arguing with a deadman.....check the http://forums.darklordpotter.net/forumdisplay.php?f=37

18. Kid Leo

Kid Leo First Year

I loved it man, can't wait for more.

19. Athena

Athena Muggle

High Score:
    Honestly it was a complete waste of my time. The writing was mediocre at best and the pacing was ridiculously slow. I spent way too much time reading about Harry getting dressed, and there was nearly an entire chapter dedicated to him dyeing his hair! I was looking forward to this as Voldemort mentor fics are a guilty pleasure of mine, but then the author went and killed him off! Never mind the fact all 15 chapters could quite easily have been compressed to about 5, I spent the entire fic waiting for Harry to finally go to Hogwarts, but that didn't end up happening until the sequel, and which isn't even complete.

And don't get me started of the digusting portrayal of Lily and James, they were depicted as even worse than the Dursleys. I mean seriously, throwing Harry's book in the fire, locking him in the dungeon and beating him all because he dared recieve a gift, distracting people from their favoured son? At least Petunia an Vernon had somewhat a reason to hate him (not that their actions were at all justified) as he was simply dumped on him. And it was never explained how exactly they knew Chris was the special one, he never banished Voldemort and therefore was never marked. He had the same birthday as Harry, so they literally just guessed, I mean it could have been Neville Longbottom for all they knew. Even Voldemort's characterisation was awful, I mean for christ's sake, the fact his name is secretly Tom Riddle is his greatest secret, he wouldn't just tell a six year old.

All things considered, I thought it was pretty awful, with next to no redeeming features.
    1/5

20. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Banned

High Score:
    You do realise it's an 2006 fic right ?

I mean you're prob not wrong but wew