1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Dark Mark Wouldn't Match her Pink Cardie by GIRL IN STORY - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by telecaster11, Jun 5, 2019.

1. telecaster11

telecaster11 First Year

Title: A Dark Mark Wouldn't Match her Pink Cardie
    Author: GIRL IN STORY
    Rating: T
    Genre: Fantasy/Hurt/Comfort
    Library Category: General Fics
    Pairings: none
    Summary: "I thought she was making you do lines?" said McGonagall. "She is, yeah. But she didn't have me use ink," he said. "I am not Professor Trelawney," she said. "And despite that fact, I am still not psychic. You will have to use your words." OotP. No pairings.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9558136/1/A-Dark-Mark-Wouldnt-Match-her-Pink-Cardie

I really enjoyed this fic and in particular how original it felt. It might be worth a bit more than an almost recommended but it is short and has a few issues. The basic plot involves McGonagall discovering the blood quill and trying to get Umbridge fired; unfortunately, Fudge and Umbridge are too clever and lock Harry up in St. Mungos.

This fic is quite short. The author has a story they want to tell and they stick to it: there is very little extraneous detail and it's a quick read. The pacing can feel a little off but this may be an intentional choice to help portray the confusion and loneliness Harry is feeling.

Snape is the really interesting character in this fic. He develops an interesting relationship with Harry and I really enjoyed the way the author wrote him. He isn't too far off canon Snape- still snarky and sarcastic- but he isn't quite the same as canon. While this may turn some people off, I think the way the fic portrays the relationships between Harry and Snape and between Harry and Sirius is its strong point.

It's a fic with well written, engaging characters and an original plot, and while it is quite short I think it merits a 4/5.