1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Good Characterization of Salazar Slytherin

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Christinathewitch, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Christinathewitch

Christinathewitch Second Year

I'm looking for Harry-centric fics where Salazar Slytherin plays a big part. It doesn't matter if he's alive, a ghost or a portrait, just him having an interesting portrayal and no slash.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Hmm, I haven't read any of these, but here's a Filtered Fanfiction Search for stories of >15k words featuring both Salazar & Harry without the word SLASH in the summary. It only brings up 22 options so that should be a decent place to start? I sorted them by number of reviews even though I know that's not really a good indication of quality.

3. Saot

Saot Groundskeeper

4. bombdiggity92

bombdiggity92 Temporarily Banhammered

There is a pretty good oneshot done by Ladysalazar featuring fem Harry it's actually really good. The rest of the oneshots on her page are pretty good.

5. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

You mean the one that was linked in the post above yours?

6. bombdiggity92

bombdiggity92 Temporarily Banhammered

Yeah, my bad on that one.

7. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

Stumbled onto this one from a little while back.

Stranger In a Too Familiar Land Author: Fyreheart TEMP HIATUS. Harry Potter successfully fulfilled his destiny by killing Voldemort. As he lay dying, he was abruptly summoned to another world. What happens when a tired and broken Harry discovers that he's expected to save their world?
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Drama/Hurt/Comfort - Harry P. - Chapters: 19 - Words: 125,467 - Reviews: 2,488 - Favs: 4,039 - Follows: 4,772 - Updated: 10-02-11 - Published: 12-31-10 - id: 6610684

This is a strange mix of intrigue and hurt/comfort melodrama, but it has a useful portrayal of Salazar Slytherin in portrait form, aiding Harry against a political Voldemort that adopted the title of Lord Slytherin. Some of the alt-history choices were refreshing (particularly around the fate and behavior of the Marauders) and Harry's 'siblings' are exactly the kind of stupidly gifted kids you'd expect if James and Lily had lived.

The downsides... it's Hurt/Comfort; it's on Hiatus; Salazar's portrait acts more like he's from 1890 than 1090.

Caveat Lector, I guess.

8. Christinathewitch

Christinathewitch Second Year

Thanks, I enjoyed Steps Far From Paradise though I usually avoid Fem!Harry. I vaguely remember reading Stranger In a Too Familiar Land, wasn't Neville the Chosen One but the kids screwed up some summoning ritual and used Potter blood?