1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned A Hollowed Existence by BloodFreedom13 - Bleach (M)

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Oxy, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Title: A Hollowed Existence
    Author: BloodFreedom13
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure/Romance
    DLP Category: Alternates
    Pairing: Ichigo/Apache
    Summary: The night Kurosaki Ichigo encountered his first hollow was the night everything went bad for him. In the space of a few minutes he finds himself completely and utterly changed, left with only an eternal feeling of hunger.Arrancar!Ichigo.Dark Themes.Hiatus
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5270708/1/A_Hollowed_Existence

I am not certain whether it's allowed to post stories that are on hiatus, although the author has assured me that he will continue it. Anyways due the epicness of this fic I decided it is worth recommending even if it's only for a few chapters.

It's a story where Ichigo gets killed during the first encounter with Rukia and a hollow. Ichigo becomes a Hollow himself. However unlike most Hollow/Arrancar Ichigo stories, this one is very refreshing and it's a fic I enjoyed immensely.

I will warn you in advance that Ichigo is godlike, like most of these stories, but the author has written it in such a interesting way that you'll remain interested regardless whether he is a bit godlike or not. Also some parts might not be the same as in cannon. This is because at the time, some of these parts weren't revealed yet.

It's without a doubt my favorite Bleach story. Frankly I am suprised it hasn't been recommended yet.

4.5/5

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  2. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

I'll start with this: I like Bleach. I really do. But there's so many technical details within the Bleach universe that I absolutely hate.

First and foremost is how the Vasto Lorde class of hollows has been cheapened. Canon started by saying they're nigh unstoppable, then proceeded repeatedly slam them into a massive brick wall. Fanon then made them about as common as air.

That said, I take every Bleach fic with a handful of salt, knowing that power levels are going to be misrepresented or mismanaged.

I very much like this story and have been reading it for a while. It's pretty AU since the timings on some things are changed, or some characters only make appearances in different capacities. Characterization is stellar, really. I love how some of the hollows/arrancars are presented and what their personalities are like. It's nice to see the other side of the story.

The main plot seems to focus on Ichigo's struggle between his two different sides - hollow and shinigami. It hasn't been developed to any great level yet, but by reading the 8 available chapters, you can tell it will be going places.

Potentially great places.

I'd definitely say 5/5 since it's not very often that you find a story of this quality in the Bleach fandom. But this story reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally needs to update.

3. merchantofam

merchantofam Fifth Year DLP Supporter

The author had such great promise in the beginning chapter, however as the story progressed it went south, and rather quickly at that. Every single hollow, no matter how weak or powerful has the ability to regenerate itself. We see it in the first chapter, but in the later chapters the author completely forgets about it.

Not to mention, in cannon it takes thousands of years as wells as thousands of hollows to be incorporated for adjuchas to evolve into the vastoro lord. The author completely botched it, I will be the first to admit having the hogyoku should have made it easier to attain the ultimate form but not to point it was ridiculously easy.

Okay, let's say we skip these little discrepancies it still doesn't help the story simply and utterly is boring as hell. 3/5, and that's only because it was written at level that doesn't make me want to throttle the author after reading their story.

4. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Reaching Bankai should've taken 1000 years as well, yet Ichigo managed to get it in 3 days. Despite using Kisuke training method, Ichigo has shown that he can progress and grasp concepts very quikly. Thus I don't think it's that unheard of that he manages to get Vasto Lorde form within a year. Especially with the help of the Hougyoku.

Besides his evolving to Vasto Lorde might look easy, but then again if the author would write about every fight then it would very quikly become a boring story. I mean who would want to read every hollow that Ichigo has slain in order to evolve? Instead the author progressed the plot and has only written the major highlights during his progress to Vasto Lorde.

Edit:
    I am confused with your meaning here. Hollows got regeneration, but it's not like they can instantly heal (with exception of Ulquiorra and a few others). It's like when we get a papercut. Our fingers bleed for a while, but eventually it heals. It's similar with hollows except in their case they can regenerate limbs. Regardless it still takes time. The majority of the hollows still needs a few hours before it has been regenerated (or days depending on how severe the injury is). It's likely that their injury healed off-screen.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  5. aaltwal

aaltwal Auror

Oxy, you haven't read this yet then if that's your favorite. Frozen Sky's so damn good it doesn't seem outdated after the new manga chapters were posted.

Regarding a Hollowed Existence, I'm giving it a 2.5/5 for its interesting start. and for being the only readable Ichigo turns to Hollow fic.

Rounded off to 3/5.

6. Kravot

Kravot Fourth Year

>>>>http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4756926/1/Tyrant_Lizard This. Although it hasn't been updated for some time.

And back to topic -
    Chapter 1 is nice, and it is hard to find good bleach fics. I'll put this on my to read list.
    Rating to come.

7. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

This fic has already been recommended once and been put into the recyclin bin. Personally I find Hollowed Existence to have a far deeper story than Tyrant Lizard. Also the fact that there is a VL with the name Hitler is scaring off readers. I am not even going to mention the lack of originality.

Edit: Frozen Sky is good indeed

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  8. Kravot

Kravot Fourth Year

Didn't search for it in the recycling bin. Meh... I guess I just like this story beacuse of how Ichigo is portrayed.
    And yeah, the vaste lord Hitler is some bullshit.