1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A HP quest to bait bad HP clichés and tropes?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Download, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I was reading a HP/MCU story on another forum. I knew it would be popcorn quality from the start and then it went downhill about 30 chapters in when the "For the Greater Good" Dumbledore nonsense started.

This lead to this idea: why not start a HP quest on another forum, bait people into making terrible cliché ridden choices, and then the story falls apart. Basically let them stumble into the "Drabbles to Undermine tropes" and "Twisting HP Tropes" threads.

For example, the story gets to Gringotts and the opportunity to inherit some "ancient title" appears to come along. They inherit this old title and the Goblins immediately plunder the character's vaults to pay off the long gone family's debts.

Or they convince themselves that Dumbledore must be a moustache twirling villain out to enact the greater good, so they decide to confront him. Dumbledore ends up incredible hurt by the character's accusations and if they are stupid enough to push it, get steam-rolled by Dumbledore (politically and/or magically).

It might get boring after a while, but but be pretty funny to see how long it can be kept up.

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because this isn't 2007.

3. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It wouldn't have worked in 2007 as the bad tropes and clichés were considered good tropes and clichés.

4. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Be the change you want to see, Download.

5. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't really see the appeal to be honest, if you want to run a quest go for it but whats the point in running one specifically to annoy or disappoint folk?