1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot A Little Knowledge is a Dangerous Thing by vlad the inhaler

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Alexx, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Alexx

Alexx Card Captored and buttsecksed

Title: A Little Knowledge is a Dangerous Thing
    Author:vlad the inhaler
    Rating: M
    Genre: Horror
    DLP Category: Restricted Section
    Pairing: Harry/Romilda
    Summary: 6th year AU, Harry puts the puzzle together slightly faster. Now he just needs to come up with a plan of action. Fortunately, help comes from an unexpected source.
    Link: Link

That ending was actually completely unexpected for me. Saying anything else will ruin it. 4/5

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. Vengeful Astartes

Vengeful Astartes Squib

It was a bit twisted, but parts made me laugh.... worth a quick read. It was nothing to special though.

3.5/5

3. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I didn't like the ending back then, I still don't. For being a pointless crackfic I can't give more than 2/5.

4. Darth

Darth Third Year

Having Romilda be a good quidditch player was so random... It started off well, but I didn't like Malfoy's character when he attacked Harry. I can't imagine that he would have given up after failing to kill him once - and then he goes to give up again?? The story barely holds itself together. A series of coincidences (which can be okay) but, these were interlaced with missing lines. Details that you just have to fill in - for example Malfoy only turns around because Harry makes a sound, or Harry didn't leave the room of requirement "for a long time" because... because... he was waiting for the polyjuice time to run out? I don't even know.

I had to read the ending five times because it was actually Romilda Vane who cast that stupefy?! 2/5

5. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

I was interested in the premise but the execution was disappointing. In particular the last half felt pretty forced. 3.

6. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I think that was pretty fucking funny. Plunged indeed, hah! 4/5

7. 0jordinio0

0jordinio0 Seventh Year

It was written decently enough. But god the execution was stupid as hell. Hasn't this already been up for review already anyway?

8. Notableword

Notableword Squib

There seems to be different sequences of events that rely on our suspension of belief to accept; which doesn't a good story make.

The grammatical side of the story was acceptable, however this doesn't excuse the characters acting OOC.

Cheers